PDA

View Full Version : Photos in Islam

DNPactivist
2016-07-28, 02:15 PM
surely this is haram

Don't worry, it will become halal just like how all those muslim scholars think photography is not a sin despite the prophet telling them its a huge sin to have pictures of human beings.

EDIT: Omega, i am not baiting you, i just find you pathetic how you try to justify everything about Islam or maybe you're too autistic/delusional to see its as imperfect as any other religion.

read this and its not anti islamic site btw

https://islamqa.info/en/365

the prophet himself clearly says Image makers are the biggest sinners
what's the difference between painting a face and taking a photograph of someones face? fucking retard

There's a hadith too where the prophet tore curtains at someones house for having pictures of a face and he told her image making is the biggest sin.
The only argument other muslim scholars come up with is regarding another hadith where some women bought pillows for the prophet to sit on and they had faces on it and he didn't tear it
observing what the prophet did vs what the prophet said from his own mouth are 2 different things.
use your brain retard.
You're sinning by taking pictures of your ugly mug.

Omega
2016-07-28, 04:56 PM
Don't worry, it will become halal just like how all those muslim scholars think photography is not a sin despite the prophet telling them its a huge sin to have pictures of human beings.

EDIT: Omega, i am not baiting you, i just find you pathetic how you try to justify everything about Islam or maybe you're too autistic/delusional to see its as imperfect as any other religion.

read this and its not anti islamic site btw

https://islamqa.info/en/365

the prophet himself clearly says Image makers are the biggest sinners
what's the difference between painting a face and taking a photograph of someones face? fucking retard

There's a hadith too where the prophet tore curtains at someones house for having pictures of a face and he told her image making is the biggest sin.
The only argument other muslim scholars come up with is regarding another hadith where some women bought pillows for the prophet to sit on and they had faces on it and he didn't tear it
observing what the prophet did vs what the prophet said from his own mouth are 2 different things.
use your brain retard.
You're sinning by taking pictures of your ugly mug.

Islam QA represents one side of Saudi Hanbalis which is the most extreme subset of Muslims. Islam QA also claims women cannot drive cars, something that Sh. Al-Albani disputed among many other scholars in the Islamic world.

But within even Saudi Arabia, as strict as it is, even Sh. Uthaymeen eventually stated photographs are not the same as portraits, but he still did not believe they should be printed and displayed (something I agree with). Other well known scholars also believe they are halaal such as Sh. Qaradawi.

Lastly there's no contradiction between the prophets actions and words. Rudimentary drawings, cartoons, dolls, etc. are all halaal. Also things that are not treated with respect such as pillows, floor mats, etc. are allowed to have certain images on them. When they're hung up and displayed however such as the winged horse in A'isha's house, its not permissable because the main premise for the prohibition of images comes from shirk -- the fear people will begin displaying images of humans or animal or idols and elevating their status.

So taking pictures doesn't fall into this category unless you get it printed and you frame it and put it on the wall or something.

Omega
2016-07-28, 05:09 PM
Also I think the biggest problem contemporary scholars have with Islam is this sense of rigidity which makes the religion appear to be irrational despite all of the examples we have in the Sunnah. Rather than looking at the reason for prohibition, and the exceptions and logic behind it, they just label something haraam with no rational thought.

Images are a good example. The reason for prohibition is clear: people used to make images of idols, even Christians with Jesus, they would erect statues, they would eventually worship them or revere them and forget God. Shias even do this with Ali. But in the Sunnah there were still animal-esque patterns embroidered onto furniture, there were still dolls, there were no problems with this because the context is totally different.

Another example I think is probably the beard. There is a general rule Muslim men should grow a beard and trim or shave the mustache. But scholars now would argue even taking a strand of hair off is haraam. Meanwhile the sunnah reports Ibn Umar took his beard and cut anything that was more than a fistful of hair. Why? Because he understood the beard was a general ruling, and obviously if it looks unkempt or is uncomfortable we have the freedom to neaten it or trim it if its out of control.

And there are many more examples but the point is look at the sunnah over the rigid words of scholars. It's one of the reasons I much prefer reading from classical scholars over contemporary who earn their buck making fataawa.

Omega
2016-07-30, 02:27 PM
DNPactivist