PDA

View Full Version : is there any difference?

Banjara
2015-07-11, 11:42 PM
Sup homiez
I had question I like to share in publi,reading reviews and stuff
so in Islam we know it's classified into 4 groups, the 2 most popular "sunna" and "she3a"
So the question is:
what you think about sunna and she3a and who you prefer?

For me I think Muslims are all like doesn't matter what "mazhab" you have.

Omega
2015-07-12, 12:33 AM
Confusing question.

Muslim classification works something like this

Muslim -> Sect [Shi'i, Sunni, etc.] -> Aqeedah [Ash'ari, Mu'tazzali, etc.] -> Madhab [Hanafi, Hanbali, etc., and not everything has one madhab]

So Muslim starts off believing in Qur'an ->
The sect determines our views of everything other than Quran for example the prophetic hadiths, the sahaaba, etc ->
The Aqeedah determines how we interpret the aforementioned information, for example Ashari sunnis take very metaphoric approaches to explaining Allah's characteristics, while Dhaahiris are literal ->
Madhab is just a school of thought you follow propagated by certain scholars which usually vary only in minor areas of fiqh

Generally all Muslims will be able to determine their sect and aqeedah, even if they don't label themselves as such. For example if you believe in following the prophetic narrations, and you believe in following the sahaaba's interpretations, then you are from Ahlus Sunnah wal' Jama3ah for your sect (aka, Sunni). Whether you label yourself that is not important however.

There are pretty big differences higher up on that classification system, for example if someones Hanbali and someone else is Maliki for their Madhab, it's small difference, but if someone is Shi'i and someone else is Sunni, it could be a massive difference in what they believe, we have some Shi'a who claim the Qur'an is corrupted because they don't trust some of the transmitters of Quran (such as Umm al Mu'mineen).

SlcikRick
2015-07-17, 01:31 AM
shia.

Brownrice123
2015-07-17, 01:33 AM
Sunni and Shias are different sects not schools of thought

Obviously I'm not gonna consider rafida Muslims, so that should answer your Q

they are 2 different religions

JediRN
2015-07-17, 01:35 AM
Team Sunni, 'cause Saddam but Shiites do have the more aesthetic vest bombs tho.