Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Threaded View

Just measure the calf bro Zee Why Zee Zee's Avatar
    Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Second light pull workout finished a couple of hours ago. Starting with hyper-extensions with 5kg, hit it for 21, 11, 10, 10, 10. So I got an extra rep on set 1, but lost one on set 3, compared to last week. I need to say this - the feeling in my lower back after it was over was just absolutely powerful. The extent of the pump, that feeling where even as my breathing went normal, even ignoring the sensation in my erectors, I just felt in my whole CNS, 'Yep, you've just done something.' 175lb nautilus row for 4X8 for the first time. Awesome. Afterwards, 135lb rest-pause for 17, 8, 8, 8, 7. Good to see this still improving.

Static hold today I actually did 105kg for 2 sets of 32, 30 seconds, which is just brilliant, very happy with this. Followed with 132.5kg smith shrugs rest-paused for 17, 9, 8, 8, 8. Hack squat after with 2 plates for 6, 6.

Finally managed 4X16 on fat grip rope cable curls with 20kg, and finished with 15kg plate wrist curls for 24, 14, 10, 10, 8. More reps than ever before.

Great session overall, but I fear the gains can't be sustained for too much longer.

EDIT: Push workout. 65kg close grip bench for 5 sets of 10, resting 2 minutes between sets. Followed with facepulls in a different cable station, other one was full as fuck, for 15, 10, 10, 10, 10 with the forth weight.

165lb chest press, rest-pause for 17, 9, 8, 6, 6. Machine laterals with 80lb for 24, 12, 10, 8, 8. No improvement here, that's a pain. Back to chest press for some close grip press with 120lb rest-pause for 18, 12, 10, 7, 7.

I think part of the reason my laterals have been stagnant is that facepulls are actually seeming to have a stimulus on my side delts too. I feel like performing facepulls has hypertrophied my shoulder girdle underneath my actual anterior/lateral/posterior delts, which has then pushed them out slightly. But my delt insertions are quite a long way down my arm, so I've got a lot of work to do to get them acceptable.

Also, my last training cycle worked on the basis of me being able to add reps each week, thus adding volume each week. When I'm not able to do that... I was thinking of starting the training cycle with rest-pause 30 seconds rest, and increasing the rest times week to week for the purpose of getting more reps. This isn't to be confused with becoming stronger, but rather a mechanism for increasing volume.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-12-04 at 11:53 PM.