Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Just measure the calf bro Zee Why Zee Zee's Avatar
    Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Push day done. Archer Pushups, working on shifting the weight even more than before to one arm at a time, 4 sets of 6. Followed with pike press, 4 sets of 5, upper body getting pretty close to vertical upside down. Then onto hollow body holds, 3 sets of 15, 15, 17 seconds.

Got one set of tricep kickbacks with 9.5kg for 14, then onto sphinx press, for a PR, 3 sets of 10, then back to kickbacks, for 2 more sets of 15, 14. Finally, lateral raises, 9.5kg for 11, 11, 10.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Senior Member Fire God Liu Kang's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wtf is all that shit

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Busted out a pull day. Added a rep for pullups, 8, 8, 11, 11, 10, and after a little rest, 9, 8, 8. Following this, nordic leg curls, 5 sets of 7.

Waiter curls with 22kg, for 5 sets of 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, adding a rep on the last set. Onto concentration hammer curls, 16kg for 2 sets of 10. Then onto reverse flies, 9.5kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 14, adding a rep at the end.

Got my leg work out of the way, I did shrimp squats for 1 set of 5 to try it out, feels ok I suppose. Did pistols after for 2 sets of 6.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day just finished. Actually went very well. For archer pushups, two sets of 6 each arm, and then I managed a set of 7 reps per arm, and on the fourth set, I tried doing all the reps on one arm, and then all on the other to experiment. The other arm was like *slightly* harder which indicates that side gets slightly fatigued by the other side doing reps, but that's expected, as an archer pushup isn't exactly just as hard as a one arm pushup.

Pike press, 4 sets of 5, 5, 6, 5, getting a nice little PR here. Hollow body holds right after for 16, 16, 17 seconds. Keeping my arms straight and well behind my head.

One set of tricep kickbacks with 9.5kg for 15, and then Sphinx press, PR, 3 sets of 10, 11, 11. Might need to try a set in a full pushup position rather than on my knees. Went back to kickbacks after for a PR, 15, 15 with 9.5kg. Finished with laterals, 9.5kg for 11, 11, 9.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2020-05-01 at 07:19 PM.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee Why Zee Zee View Post
    Busted out a pull day. Added a rep for pullups, 8, 8, 11, 11, 10, and after a little rest, 9, 8, 8. Following this, nordic leg curls, 5 sets of 7.

Waiter curls with 22kg, for 5 sets of 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, adding a rep on the last set. Onto concentration hammer curls, 16kg for 2 sets of 10. Then onto reverse flies, 9.5kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 14, adding a rep at the end.

Got my leg work out of the way, I did shrimp squats for 1 set of 5 to try it out, feels ok I suppose. Did pistols after for 2 sets of 6.
    do you do shrimp squats holding the foot with both hands? lmao i don't think i can do it (i only tried them once recently)
    meanwhile i can do crane dips (pistols), like a lot of them

Dumpster diving and unsecure wifi stealin in your neighborhood nikka
    Weight
    500lbs
    Height
    Nig Level Jump
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Been busting 100 press ups dayly in the park ma niggue chest and arms swole af. new beast mode helps midnite garbage dipping

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cumblah View Post
    Been busting 100 press ups dayly in the park ma niggue chest and arms swole af. new beast mode helps midnite garbage dipping

fuck is a press up?

Weight
    500lbs
    Height
    Nig Level Jump
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by housemang View Post
    fuck is a press up?
    Advance push up and you clap your hands

White trash midwest with a tiny pool in a small back yard surrounded by a cheap black chain fence
    Weight
    5 Instagram accounts
    Height
    Doxx king
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)

Weight
    500lbs
    Height
    Nig Level Jump
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckzilla View Post
    taunting me with your blackness @jonefu and @Omegu lets take this guy out and make fitmisc for white brahs only

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @Cuckzilla Hi

Quote Originally Posted by housemang View Post
    do you do shrimp squats holding the foot with both hands? lmao i don't think i can do it (i only tried them once recently)
    meanwhile i can do crane dips (pistols), like a lot of them
    Actually I had my hands out in front of me. I thought to myself, as long as my knee is higher off the ground than my foot, then it doesn't really matter for ROM purposes. You need to be very bent forward at the torso on shrimp squats for balance reasons.

Advance push up and you clap your hands

Sounds good for power/explosiveness

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pull day today. Added a rep again on pullups, hitting 8, 8, 11, 11, 11, then after about 4 minutes to reset, 8, 9, 8. Nordic leg curls after for my typical 5 sets of 7 reps. Bicep work went well, adding a rep on waiter curls, 22kg for 11, 11, 12, 11, 11, and also on concentration hammer curls, 16kg for 11, 10. Bent over raises with 9.5kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 14. Decided to do my other leg work today, so did pistol squats, for 3 sets of 5, 6, 7, getting a nice little PR there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day just completed. Managed archer pushups for 4 sets of 6, 7, 7, 6, sweet PR here. Onto pike press, for 4 sets of 5, 5, 6, 5. Swiftly followed with hollow body hold for 3 sets of 16, 16, 17 seconds. I like having this movement here, gives me a good 4 minutes to break away a bit of the shoulder & tricep fatigue.

Onto a set of tricep kickbacks, 9.5kg for 15, and then onto sphinx pushups, securing a sweet PR, 12, 11, 11, adding 2 reps to the first set. I busted out laterals with 9.5kg for 11, 11, 10 before getting back to tricep kickbacks for 2 more sets of 15, 15. Had to give it all I had on these, no PR here. Glad to see an archer pushup & sphinx pushup PR though.

Rambling time. It's interesting being in a calorie deficit when your main lifts are bodyweight, and then you've got isolations which aren't really affected by the leverages of fat loss like some of the big lifts can be. When things open up again I plan on buying some paralletes, and a pullup bar, (so I don't have to go outside), and continue to do a sort of bodyweight routine supplemented with some dumbbell work.

I took some photos below. Just over 6 weeks without stepping into a gym.

Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2020-05-04 at 06:29 PM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another pull day finished. I completed the nordic leg curls several hours before getting started on the other stuff. 5 sets of 7 as usual, just trying to control the negative, lift myself halfway up & complete the rest. Later on, went and did my pullups, managing to add another rep. Pullups for 8, 8, 12, (added rep), 11, 11, and then after a 4 minute reset, 3 more sets of 8, 9, 8.

Followed with waiter curls with 22kg for 11, 12, (added rep), 12, 11, 11, and this was super tough. Concentration hammer curls after for 2 sets of 11, 10 - aimed for 11 but couldn't touch the end of the dumbbell to my serratus/lat. Reverse flies with 9.5kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 14 to finish up.

Counting the time and it's been 6 weeks and a couple days since the diet started. I'm down about 5kg which is pretty good. This lockdown has been great on my discipline. I've been lifting for a few years so at this point I might as well enjoy being lean rather than spending most of my year in a fluffy state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day. I managed to add another rep on archer pushups, managing 6, 7, 7, 7, happy with this. Pike press for 4 sets of 6, 5, 5, 5. I think I'll try to add reps here before I go into a more difficult variant with my feet higher up.

Hollow body hold, for 3 sets of 17 seconds, nice PR. I did one set of kickbacks, 9.5kg for 15, and then onto sphinx press. I did a set of 12 on my knees, and then tried out the variant from the full pushup position. Happy with my performance. I did 6 here, then dropped to my knees and hit another 6, 12 total, and did that for the following set after that. Little PR on kickbacks which I now return back to, 9.5kg for 15, 16.

Lateral raises for 3 sets of 11, 11, 10 with 9.5kg, and then to finish, a nice PR on pistol squats. 3 sets of 6, 6, 7.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2020-05-08 at 06:42 PM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pull day busted out yesterday, push day just completed today. For pull day, I performed nordic leg curls, 5 sets of 7, just trying to improve on the slowness of my negatives. On pullups, I did better than last session, sets of 8, 8, 12, 12, (added rep), 11, and then after a slightly longer break, 3 more sets of 8, 9, 8.

PR on curls. Waiter curls with 22kg for 5 sets of 11, 11, 12, 12, 12, and on hammer concentration curls, 2 sets of 12, 11, adding a rep to the first set.

Reverse flys this time with 10kg or 5 sets of 12. After a break, I went and did pistol squats elevated for a PR of 3 sets of 7 reps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day, archer pushups for 4 sets of 6, 8, 7, 7, adding a rep to the second set. Really need to get paralletes tho. My applying more force is seeing my dumbbells slide outwards despite having a couple of plates on each side to prevent that. Pike press after for a PR, 4 sets of 6, 6, 5, 5.

PR on hollow body holds, 3 sets of 18 seconds, and then I did one set of tricep kickbacks, this time with 10kg for 15, before getting into Sphinx pushups. This time I did all 3 sets from pushup position for the first 6 reps, then dropped to my knees for 6 more reps.

Back to kickbacks for 2 more sets of 15, 15, happy with this. Finished with lateral raises with 10kg for 3 sets of 11, 11, 9.

Weight
    Sweden
    Height
    Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Answer

excellent Tut.
    A smile a day brings a friend your way

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Performed my pull day 2 days ago, then actually took a day off, then did my push day just now. I'm intentionally shifting the workout days from Fri/Sat/Mon/Tues to Sat/Sun/Tues/Wed. It used to be that I wanted a weekend day without any gym activity, but now working out at home, I don't feel any need. Maybe I'll do pistol squats on one of the other days.

The pull day stuff I find I can split up over the day, (during the week when I'm working). The nordic leg curls don't affect my pullups, curls or reverse flies, so I might do them before work, do the pullups on a break and the curls & flies on another break. The push stuff is different. I don't wanna train my triceps several hours after my pushups or pike press, I don't wanna split up my pushups from pike press, I don't wanna split up my lateral raises from my pushups or pike press either. The only thing I could do a couple hours later without messing with my recovery would be hollow body holds, and those take me like 4 minutes for my 3 sets, so I just wanna get it all done.

Pullups went great on Friday. I did 8, 8, then 12, 12, 12. Took my nearly 4 minute break then busted out 8, 9, 9. 78 total reps, compared to 60 when I started doing these. Did my standard nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7 after. PR on waiter curls, 22kg for 5 sets of 11, 11, 13, 12, 13, awesome. Concentration hammer curls with 16kg for 2 sets of 12, little rough on the last rep tho. Reverse flies with 10kg for 5 sets of 12, 12, 12, 12, 13.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day today. Archer pushups done differently, doing an entire side at once, then resting 20 seconds then doing the other side. I got a PR, 4 sets of 6, 8, 8, 7, adding a rep to the third set. Followed with a PR on pike press, 4 sets of 6 reps. PR also on hollow body holds, managing 3 sets of 19 seconds every set. I think part of the improvement is competence at the movement, which sounds weird because it's not that technical, but it's just keeping tight while breathing really.

Onto tricep work, one set of kickbacks with 10kg for 15 reps, before getting into my sphinx press. Today I did even better than previously, doing 7 reps in a full pushup position, then busting out 5 more from my knees. Back to kickbacks for a PR 2 sets of 16, 16.

Finishing with laterals, I decided to experiment with something different. Upright rows encourage shoulder impingement due to internal rotation. With the regular version with a free weight, going against gravity, when the elbow is higher than the right you've got internal rotation. A really easy fix to this is to upright row and bring your wrist as high as your elbow - actively externally rotating to do so. I did this today, with dumbbells. Interestingly it wasn't any easier than regular laterals. First set of laterals for 10 reps, and then I tried with the aforementioned form for 10, 9.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pleased to say I made some parallettes myself. Purchased some aluminium handles like for someone that needs it mounted on the wall so they can get up off the toilet or something. Handles like 12 inches long. Attached them to 5 pieces of wood screwed together & sanded it. Gives me about 6 inches of elevation on pike press, more than before. Also bought a yoga mat for hollow body holds, sphinx press & kneeling tricep kickbacks, & a box to do pistol squats on instead of my coffee table. Elevation is one inch lower on the box.

For the pull day, on pullups, 8, 9, 12, 12, 12, followed by 4 minute rest, 9, 9, 8. Coulda got 9 but had to shorten the rest to get back to work. The numerous sets of 12 are brutal. I might need to throw one of those sets after the 4 minute rest maybe, and have it as a backoff set with fewer reps. Nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7 as per usual.

Onto curls. Waiter curls, nice PR, 22kg for 11, 11, 13, 13, 13, and concentration hammer curls with 16kg for 13, 12, another PR. Bent over raises with 10kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13.

Decided to get pistol squats done today. If I could do these from the floor would be cool. I did one set of 5 but because my heel kept touching the floor before I got deep, it wasn't great. I did a following set of 8 reps each leg on the box. Wanted to try from the floor after that. Now that my flexibility had been worked out with a couple of sets, I managed 2 reps ass to grass, each leg. Swiftly followed with 4 reps each leg on the box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day, & I get to use my parallettes. Starting with archer pushups. I had the idea of my pressing hand just being on the ground with straight arm on one parallette, but found the ROM lacking when I tried it on my knees as a warmup set. I used both parallettes, & found the ROM stopping when my torso hits the wood 2 inches under the top of the handle to be a great stopping point, elbow is way behind my body here. 4 sets of 6, 8, 8, 8.

Into pike press, this time managing 4 sets of 6, 6, 6, 7, a PR. The handles are higher than dumbbells, but my ROM is deeper. Followed with a PR on hollow body holds, 3 sets of 20, 20, 19 seconds.

One set of kneeling tricep kickbacks with 10kg for 16 before getting into sphinx press. However today was different. While my elbows were on the ground, my hands were on the handles of my parallettes 6 inches above, getting me a very full ROM. Very hard, only managed 5, 6, 6, followed with regular sphinx press from the knees after to hit 12 reps each set. Kickbacks after with 10kg for 16, 14. All gassed out at the end unfortunately, no PR here. Laterals, 10kg for 11, 11, 9.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2020-05-20 at 06:29 AM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another pull day & push day completed. The day before my pull day I went off my diet, beer & pizza kinda thing. Probably ate 3000 calories in total. I planned for it in advance, but didn't skip protein feedings so was still on 1350 calories by the time I started drinking. 7 beers, 3 slices of pizza somebody else ordered. My workouts went ok at least.

Pull day, starting with pullups, for 9, 9, 12, 12, 12, then after a 4 minute reset, 9, 9, 9. I've upped the reps on my acclimation sets, since the RPE is the same here as it was a few weeks ago with 8 reps. Went heavier on waiter curls, 22.5kg, but since I did these a few minutes after pullups, (instead of a couple hours later like when I'm working), I got 11, 11, 13, 13, 10. Incredible muscular contraction tho, I leaned forward slightly. However, hammer concentration curls performance was great, with 16kg for 13, 13.

Bent over raises with 10kg for 5 sets of 12, 12, 12, 12, 13 and finally nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7 - best performance ever on these with the slowness of my negatives, happy about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day this morning. Archer pushups for a sick PR, 4 sets of 6, 9, 9, 9, adding a rep to the second, third & fourth set. Doing them one arm at a time now. Resting 20 seconds after one arm, then do the other arm, rest for 90 seconds, (instead of 2 minutes when I did both arms alternating - but considering the 20 seconds plus time doing the other arm, I'm resting just as long), & repeat. PR also on pike press, managing 4 sets of 6, 6, 7, 7, adding a rep to the third set. Using proper paralletes, there's less tension at the top but more at the bottom due to ability to go deeper. I'm keeping the lockout soft to focus on the hard part.

One set of kneeling kickbacks with 10kg for 16 before going onto parallette sphinx press. Absolutely sickening ROM on these with my elbows on the floor but hands on the handles. I only managed 6, 6, 5, (following each set I did regular sphinx press from my knees to hit 12 total reps). Back to kneeling kickbacks after for 15, 16.

Final exercise, dumbbell upright rows with 10kg for 3 sets of 10. Not many people do this exercise. Thinking about it, the work on my rotator cuffs to externally rotate, (so my wrists were as high as my elbows at the top), limited me more than my lateral delts actually doing their function, shoulder abduction. With my arms bent 90 degrees at the elbow, there's obviously less of a lever arm from my shoulder, to the resistance, and yet my reps per set were extremely similar here to a lateral raise, leading me to believe the weak link is my external rotators. Also, I simply didn't feel it in my lateral delts as much as what a lateral raise would provide. I don't have a barbell, but I suspect maybe that would be a better choice for upright rows as it may make the external rotation slightly easier, and make it a more even exercise between the side delt and the external rotators.

Finally - PR on pistol squats on the box. 3 sets of 8, 7, 7. I tried NOT pausing at the bottom on the second and third set. It's harder that way since I'm ATG in that position.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2020-05-23 at 07:26 PM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another pull & push day completed. For my pull day, I added another rep to the first two sets & kept my performance on the other sets. So, pullups for 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, and after a 4 minute break, 3 sets of 9, 9, 9. Back inside for nordic leg curls, and hit this for 5 sets of 7 continuously working on form here.

Better performance on waiter curls today, 22.5kg for 5 sets of 11, 11, 13, 13, 12, adding a rep to the last set. Followed with concentration hammer curl with 16kg for 14, 13, a PR. Reverse fly afterward with 10kg for 5 sets of 12. I've changed my form on these, I bring them further out before briefly pausing and then squeezing & pulling them even further back. Previously when I didn't bring them out as far before pausing, I could get a little more momentum thru applying force at an easier part of the movement, so this is HARD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day completed. Another great performance on archer pushups, 4 sets of 6, 10, (added rep), 9, 9. PR also on pike press, achieving 4 sets of 7 for the first time.

Hollow body holds for a PR, 3 sets of 22, 22, 20 seconds, and laterals for 11, 11, 10 with 10kg. I did one set of kneeling tricep kickbacks, 10kg for 16, and then went into sphinx pushup on the parallette handles. My form was not good the previous time I did these, wasn't keeping my body tight. I did that this time and only hit 3 sets of 6, 4, 4, (went to sphinx pushups from my knees with hands on the floor after all of these to hit 12 total. Tbh I think I should try to get better at shpinx press in regular pushup position, but hands on the floor, before I do these. Went back to kneeling kickbacks for 2 more sets of 16, PR.

PR on pistol squats also. On the box, 3 sets of 8, 8, 7, adding a rep to the second set.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415