Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Internet Tough Guy Online Warlord's Avatar
    Do you even lift you fucking faggot who are you?
    Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Flinch View Post
    Awful pre peaking workout.

1/10

Good strength building workout though for sure.

-way too much volume/intensity on very taxing lifts (rack pull) way to close out (3 days) which is fine but whatever you do you could probably do like 10% more if you did a proper peak. Just saying
    I dont think the volume/intensity is that high at all, he only did 3 triples on rack pulls no squats or anything else that would fatigue legs or low back so much that he wouldnt recover in 3 days. I have multiple times tested my max deadlift only 2 days after doing 1 set heavy deadlifts, 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of bent over rows, I know for a fact that it really doesnt make a difference. You never test your maxes yourself anyway so you wouldnt really know how this stuff works.
    And then again youre the one who says you should take a full week off from deadlifting if you fail a rep even once so why should anybody listen to you?
    Last edited by Online Warlord; 2018-06-30 at 11:17 AM.
    Blahautism: The Jason Blaha Story CLIFFS

Check out Blahautism CLIFFS thread for a thorough summary of the Blahautism threads, including plenty of important information that is not on either Blahapedia or Exposed TV

Just measure the calf bro Zee Why Zee Zee's Avatar
    Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Flinch View Post
    Awful pre peaking workout.
    1/10
    Good strength building workout though for sure.
    -way too much volume/intensity on very taxing lifts (rack pull) way to close out (3 days) which is fine but whatever you do you could probably do like 10% more if you did a proper peak. Just saying

First up: I misspoke on the number of days between that peaking workout and testing my lifts. It's 4 days, not 3. Peaking workout was on Friday, testing on Tuesday, not Monday.

Last time I tested, I rack pulled 160kg for 7 reps. 165kg for 3 reps isn't going to crush me, (and 150 and 157.5 for 3 definitely won't, normally I do 4 sets of this exercise too). Comparing it to a regular session I also completely skipped machine rows, static holds, hammer curls and wrist curls. And for bench, I did 3 sets, completely skipping the 3 and 4 sets of chest press and close grip press I normally do afterwards.

Not only am I probably under 60% as strong as you, but unlike you, I don't squat, so don't have to worry about those taking away my recovery resources. Based on that I really think that I'll be recovered enough in 48 hours from now.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @Online Warlord Tested my lifts a couple hours ago. Paused bench press, rack pull and Barbell row. Went as follows.

Benched 90kg for 7. Crap. No good. Haven't got stronger. Hit 8 last time. I'm not sitting here hyperventilating in a paper bag thinking I've got weaker, but my strength has not improved here, frankly.

Onto midshin rackpull and barbell rows. My previous rackpull PR was 160kg for 7. I wanted 165kg for 7. For Barbell rows, my previous PR was 105kg for 7. I'll say in a moment how I did, but first I'll say that after I did these lifts, I weighed the barbell, and it was 18kg, not 20kg. With that said, I still hit PRs on both. Taking account the weight of the bar:

Rack pulled *163kg* for 7, with greater ease than last PR, 160kg for 7. Honestly it is more likely than not that I could have done 1 more. 60/40.

Barbell rowed *103kg* for 9 reps. Very happy with this. Everything came together for this.

Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee Why Zee Zee View Post
    @Online Warlord Tested my lifts a couple hours ago. Paused bench press, rack pull and Barbell row. Went as follows.

Benched 90kg for 7. Crap. No good. Haven't got stronger. Hit 8 last time. I'm not sitting here hyperventilating in a paper bag thinking I've got weaker, but my strength has not improved here, frankly.

Onto midshin rackpull and barbell rows. My previous rackpull PR was 160kg for 7. I wanted 165kg for 7. For Barbell rows, my previous PR was 105kg for 7. I'll say in a moment how I did, but first I'll say that after I did these lifts, I weighed the barbell, and it was 18kg, not 20kg. With that said, I still hit PRs on both. Taking account the weight of the bar:

Rack pulled *163kg* for 7, with greater ease than last PR, 160kg for 7. Honestly it is more likely than not that I could have done 1 more. 60/40.

Barbell rowed *103kg* for 9 reps. Very happy with this. Everything came together for this.
    good for you improving on the pulling exercises. Would you say your grip gains from training with the fat grips helped or was your grip never a limiting factor in rack pulls and barbell rows?

Check out Blahautism CLIFFS thread for a thorough summary of the Blahautism threads, including plenty of important information that is not on either Blahapedia or Exposed TV

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Warlord View Post
    good for you improving on the pulling exercises. Would you say your grip gains from training with the fat grips helped or was your grip never a limiting factor in rack pulls and barbell rows?

Double overhand grip, (because I usually shrug at the top), has always been a limiting factor in rack pulls, so I use straps. I could mix-grip, and *maybe* not need them, (I mix-gripped 160kg for like 5 sets of 3-4 reps while on holiday), but I simply don't want to. Grip is ok on rows. So with that said, I can't prove they helped.

I still think they did, though. I think the ability, (and consequent execution) of gripping harder on a pull, whether I have straps on or not, has this neurally enhancing effect. Your central nervous system can sense how hard the movement is on your grip, and when it can sense your grip isn't being overwhelmed, there's a lessening of your body physiologically avoiding a powerful contraction so as to avoid injury.

When you start to appreciate the importance of the hands and forearms themselves, the way Johnny Bodybuilder thinks about his biceps... you can't go back from that. I'll definitely keep using the fat grips and I attribute some of this progress to you, but how much is just too difficult to say.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Nah the credit is all yours, you did all the work not me.

By the way any particular reason why you test your lifts with multiple reps on a certain weight instead of going for a one rep max?

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    First workout back. God, those high reps on rack pulls and rows really wore me down. 117.5kg mid-shin rack pull for 4 sets of 8, followed by barbell rows with 87.5kg for 3 sets of 8. 75kg paused bench for 3X8.

Assistance, (4X10 machine rows instead of my regular 5X10 as it's the first session back, and 3X11 chest press), and then static holds with fat grips with 100kg for 2 sets of 23, 22 seconds. 3X13 close grip press, (not 4X13 as it's my first session back), and finished with fat grip hammer curls for 3X15 and 3X22, 22, 16 10kg wrist curls.

Quote Originally Posted by Online Warlord View Post
    Nah the credit is all yours, you did all the work not me.

By the way any particular reason why you test your lifts with multiple reps on a certain weight instead of going for a one rep max?
    A one rep max would be a test of an increase in muscle mass AND an improvement in technical skill involved in doing a single rep - if it improved I'd be unsure how much of it was technical skill and how much was simply more muscle contracting.

On the other hand, testing with moderate reps seems better because the correlation between your 5-8 rep max going up on a lift and the relevant muscle mass growing is very high.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My working situation has changed, so I now start at 10:30 and finish at 6:30. I used to do 8:30 to 4:30, and workout after, then have dinner, but with a 6:30 finish, I wouldn't be having dinner until at least 9PM in that situation. Considering the workload of these full body workouts I'd rather avoid doing them before I go to work. I've adjusted my days so one day during the week I do one of my full body days after work, (tough it out basically), another day in the week I do my neck and shoulders session, before work, and my second full body session will be on Sunday.

Today was neck and delts and it went really well. I managed 110lb on the lateral machine for 4 sets of 9, a new PR, (90lb for 4 more sets of 10 after neck).

PRs on neck too. Neck curls with 15kg for 4 sets of 22, and neck extensions with 15kg for 4 sets of 10. Once my neck extension gets just a little bit stronger, I'm going to start using 20kg on these.

6 sets of 15, 15, 15, 13, 13, 13 on cable rear delt fly.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Higher rep day of week 4. Did this before work. Have't trained early morning, (8AM), for aaaages. Didn't have breakfast beforehand. It went fine.

120kg mid-shin rackpull for 4X8, followed by 90kg 3X8 barbell rows. 77.5kg pause bench for 3X8. 5X10 machine rows and 3X11 chest press.

Fat grip static holds with 100kg, this time for 2 sets of 24 seconds. 4X13 on close grip chest press, adding weight next week. 4X15 fat grip rope cable curls with 15kg followed by a PR on wrist curls, 10kg plate for 22, 22, 18 reps.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-07-12 at 04:02 AM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Bad news. I've come down with a bit of sickness. Low appetite, sore joints, cold, low energy. Started on Friday. Monday now, got the day off work, feeling like I'll be good by tomorrow. I come down with this sickness the day after I do one of my full body sessions before work. Fuck doing that again any time soon. I haven't even used a day of sick leave this year until now.

Instead of hitting my full body workout on Sunday I hit delts and neck. I was still unwell but I wanted to just get the 1X a week frequency in there. I lifted less than regular that's for sure. The plan is to get back in the gym on probably Wednesday and literally re-start the training cycle.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678