Light push workout actually completed 36 hours ago, logging it now. 70kg close grip bench, no leg drive, for 4 sets of 9, 8, 8, 8. Followed with a sickening PR on facepulls, 12.5kg rest-pause for 20, 12, 12, 12, 12. My progress on this really goes to show that my volume amount on pulling exercises is well aligned with what I should be doing, and when what I need to be doing changes, it shouldn't be far from what I'm doing now.

Chest press with 150lb rest-pause for 18, 130lb for 9, 7, 6, 6, disappointing. I just had a, 'fuck this', moment and decided I needed to start OHPing. Around 26 sets of horizontal pressing a week doesn't seem to do shit, and I'm forced to conclude that I'd benefit from less volume in that specific plane. I did neck curls with 20kg for 30 reps, and neck extensions with 15kg for 15 reps to give my delts and tris some recovery time, then jumped into seated dumbbell OHP. Absolutely zero overhead pressing for over a year, and I was pretty weak. Only did the 20kg dumbbells for 4 sets of 6. Conceptually, I loved my form, though. On the negative, I would move into a neutral grip, and lower the DBs all the way to touching my shoulders, and on the positive, I would flare and get that side delt activation that DB OH pressing is known for better than barbell OH pressing, (unless you do it behind the head). Really felt like I was getting a best of both worlds situation there and I'm surprised I don't see more people do it. It was like a half Arnold press, except instead of going from pronation to supination, I was just going from pronation to neutral. Finished with 80lb machine laterals for 3 rest-pause sets of 12, 6, 6.