Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Just measure the calf bro Zee Why Zee Zee's Avatar
    Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pull day completed two days ago, push day yesterday. I didn?t log the push & pull sessions prior to these but they went decently. Anyway, pullups for 8, then sternum pullups for 10, 10, 11, adding a rep to the last set. Performed these differently, instead of thighs facing down, I brought them forward, parallel to the floor & held them there, (so no momentum), like a leg raise. I followed with pullups regular form for 8, 8, 8, 8 afterwards. Nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7 after that.

Onto curls, PR on waiter curls, 22kg for 11, 11, and 27kg for 12, 13, 12, adding a rep to the second set. On concentration hammer curls, heavier than ever, 22kg, for 13, 13. Bent over raises with 13.5kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, I should add weight next time.

Finished with pistol squats for 3 sets of 5. I?m moving hollow body holds back to push day, this day is stacked enough as it is.

Push day. One arm pushups from the knee for 11, then onto one arm pushups from the feet, for a PR of 7, 7, 6 reps, adding a rep to the second set. I just had a thought of doing one arm pushups from the knee with a little weight in my backpack to see if this eases the intense core requirements of regular one arm pushups. This shit is meant to hit my chest & tris but it?s as hard as squats. Pike press, feet on the floor for 10, then feet on the box for 9, 9, 8 ? I did a 9th rep on the last set but it was total garbage so I can?t count it. Hollow body holds with 5kg ? on the weekend I was holding my body in a constant spot with the weight in my hands, then I just decided to let go of the plate & suddenly I curved so much more. I?ve been using heavier weight but not rounding my abs enough, I need to reassess this. I did 21, 21, 11 seconds ? let go of the plate on the last set & just squeezed with bodyweight.

Onto kneeling tricep kickbacks with 12kg for 14, & onto sphinx press for a sick PR, 3 sets of 10, 11, 10, (dropset to hit 12 at the end of each set), last rep was the biggest grinder ever. Perhaps soon I can have my hands on the parallettes and feet on the floor, that?d be something. Onto laterals, pausing at the halfway point, with 7kg for a PR of 11, 11, 11. Back to kneeling kickbacks with 13kg for 14, 12, totally ran out of steam there.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Didn't log the last pull & push days but they went well. Building on that progress with yesterday & today's pull & push workouts. Pull day, nordic leg curls for 5X7, then onto pullups for 8, then sternum pullups for 11, 11, 11, PR. Regular pullups after for 8, 8, 8, 8.

PR on curls, waiter curls with 22kg for 11, 11, then 27kg for 13, 13, 13. On concentration hammer curls, 22kg for 14, 14, adding a rep to the last set.

Bent over raises with 14kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, gonna stick with this weight for one more session if it goes well. Pistol squats with one arm using my bed for support for 3X5. I do a three second negative on these. I've always found squats lend themselves well to slightly lowish reps but a slow negative.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day went very well. One arm pushup from the knee for 11, then full one arm pushups for 8, 7, 7, adding a rep to the first set. On pike press, feet on the floor for 10, then feet on the box for 3 sets of 9, 9, 9, adding a rep to the last set & securing a PR with good form.

Hollow body holds for 21 seconds with 5kg in my hands, on the second and third set I put it down after about 12 seconds and sure enough with just bodyweight I could crunch into a position I wasn't in with the added load, held the bodyweight for about 12 seconds too.

Kneeling tricep kickbacks with 12kg for 14, and then onto sphinx press, which is going very well. Today I managed to hit 3 sets of 12, 11, 10, (dropset after second and third set to get two more reps), another PR. Small PR on laterals too, still splitting the concentric into two motions, pausing halfway up, 7kg for 3 sets of 11, 12, 11. Back to tricep extensions with 13kg for 14, 13 reps.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Senior Member Fire God Liu Kang's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Get in touch with Ian McCarthy srs

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another pull & push day completed. Yesterday's pull day, pullups for 8 reps, then onto sternum pullups with 2.5kg added weight for 10, 10, 9. Regular pullups for 8, 8, 8, 8 afterwards. Nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7, slowly building on this.

Great day on curls. Waiter curls with 22kg for 11, 11, then 26kg for 3 sets of 13, 14, 13, PR adding a rep to the second set. Followed with a great PR on concentration hammer curls, 23kg heavier than ever, for 14, 13.

Bent over raises with 14kg for 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, still want to do slightly better on bringing the elbows back before I go up in weight. Pistol squats for 3 sets of 5 with a hand on the couch on the concentric.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day. One arm pushup from the knee for 11, then onto regular one arm pushup, for 8, 8, 7, adding a rep to the second set. Good stuff. No PR on pike press, feet on the floor for 10, then feet on the box for 9, 9, 9, no opportunity to add a rep on any set based on the RPE. I dropped feet to the floor & did 2 more reps as a dropset after the last set.

Hollow body holds trying to be honest with myself. Only bodyweight for a 30 second hold, then 5kg on my hands for 15 seconds, dropped back to bodyweight for 10 more seconds, and last set just bodyweight for 25 seconds.

One set of kickbacks with 12kg for 14, then onto sphinx press for a PR of 12, 12, 10, (then 2 more reps from the floor). Paused laterals with 7kg for 11, 12, 11 & 1/2, sorta a PR. Actually good result on kickbacks, 13kg and actually managed 14, 13 - went for 14 on the last set & failed, but all the other times I hit 13 it was barely & I didn't even properly go for 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire God Liu Kang View Post
    Get in touch with Ian McCarthy srs

Lan Macthey the pseudo-scientist who talks like an upper class professional at a dinner party with doctors, lawyers, psychologists, etc, while being a late 20s college dropout with no job, complaining about his depression & telling people to train with stupid super slow reps while squatting 135, no thanks!
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pull day yesterday, push day today. Pullups for 8, then sternum pullups with 2.5kg added weight, for 3 sets of 10, 10, 10, tough stuff. Pullups after for 8, 8, 8, 8. Nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7, still detecting slow improvement in my form on these.

Waiter curls with 22kg for 11, 11, then 28.5kg for 12, 13, 12, PR. And on concentration hammer curls, 23kg for 2 sets of 14, 14, another PR. Bent over raises with 14.5kg for 5 sets of 12, 12, 12, 12, 12. I'm gonna stay here for a while & try to tighten up the form here. Pistol squats for 3 sets of 5, hand on furniture for assistance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day, a couple interesting changes. One arm pushup from the knee for 11, then onto regular one arm pushup. This exercise is so much brutally harder than just sitting on a machine and pressing, constant unrelenting tension on the abs makes breathing difficult. I hit one set of 8 & could tell there was no PR today, so I did something different. I put a 5kg plate on my back, so the top of it was touching the base of my skull, (so it couldn't slide forward and smack it since it's already touching - plus making the most of the weight), and did them from the knee for 8, 7, very enjoyable compared to the alternative.

Pike press, feet on floor for 10, then on the box for 10, 10, 9, PR, added rep to second set. On hollow body holds, bodyweight, now focusing on taking a breathe every 3 seconds & flexing as I do so, only managed 25, 20, 20 second holds, but felt great.

Kickbacks with 12kg for 14, then sphinx press. I started from my feet but after the negative I wasn't even sure I could do one, so I abandoned that. 3 sets of 12, 12, 11, (3 reps after last set dropset style), PR with rep added to last set. Onto laterals, (pausing at mid-point then continuing), with 0.5kg added weight, 7.5kg for 11, 11, 11. Back to kickbacks with 13kg for 14, 12.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pull & push day in the week went ok, won't bother logging. Today's pull workout: Pullups for 8, then sternum pullups for 10, 10, 10 with 2.5kg added weight. Regular pullups for 4 sets of 8 afterwards. Nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7, slowly improving. I love how I'm slowing that negative at the bottom right before I touch the ground.

Onto waiter curls, 22kg for 12, 12, then onto 28.5kg for an awesome PR, 13, 13, 13. On concentration hammer curls, added weight, did 24kg for 14, 13. Bent over raises with 14.5kg for 5 sets of 12, still working on ROM at the end of the last couple sets. Pistol squats, 3 sets of 5 to finish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day just finished. One arm pushups from the knee for 11, then with 5kg on my back for 8, 9, 8, PR, adding a rep to the second set. Onto pike press, with feet on the floor for 10, then from the box for 10, 10, 9.

Hollow body holds for 25, 21, 21 seconds. New exercise, lying tricep extension, bending my upper arm to bring my dumbbells to my shoulder as it makes it harder, 8kg for 11 then onto sphinx press. I performed the negative from full position, then performed the concentric from my knees. Two sets of 6 performed like this, and one final set just from the knees, for 13 reps, a new rep count on these.

Pausing laterals, this time with 8kg,for 11, 11, 10, and back to lying tricep extensions with 8kg for 12, 14.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2020-09-12 at 06:26 PM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pull day, starting with pullups for 8, then sternum pullups with 2.5kg extra weight for 10, 10, 8. Fewer reps but I'm going further up on these. Regular pullups for 8, 8, 8, 8 afterwards. I wanna buy some rings or something & do inverted rows, something to think about. Nordic leg curls for 5 sets of 7.

Heavier on waiter curls, 22kg for 12, 12, then 29.5kg for 11, 11, 11. PR on concentration hammer curls, 24kg for 14, 14, adding a rep to the second set. Bent over raises with 14.5kg for 5 sets of 12, 12, 12, 12, 12.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push day was nice. I warmed up & hit one arm pushups from the knee for 11, then with 5kg on the top of my back for 9, 9, 8, adding a rep to the first set. Onto pike press, after one set of 10 with feet on the floor, this time instead of using the box, I put my feet on my table, which goes up to the height of between my knee & my hip. The box only goes halfway to my knee. I hit this for 3 sets of 5. Onto hollow body holds, 3 sets of 25, 22, 21 seconds.

I did a set of lying tricep extensions with heavier weight, 8.5kg, for 11 reps, then onto sphinx press. Lowered my whole body & hit the concentric from my knees for 2 sets of 6, 7, adding a rep to the second set, then last set on the knees for 13 reps. Paused laterals with 8kg for 10, 11, 10, & finishing lying tricep extensions with 8.5kg dumbbells for 11, 13 reps.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2020-09-16 at 12:57 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617