Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Just measure the calf bro Zee Why Zee Zee's Avatar
    Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Managed to get the holiday workout in. Didn't bring straps so I mix grip rack pulled 160kg for 5X3 - did 4 on the last set. Felt actually good tbh.

Benched 80kg for 3X8. Only rested a couple of minutes between sets, AND paused the last rep. 87.5kg barbell rows without a hitch. Different chest press machine but I chose a good weight and did 3X11. 5X10 on an isolateral cable row machine and 15, 13, 13, 10 on close grip press.

Static holds went differently. My hands were really raw from the chalk and grippy bars in this gym so I held 120kg for 20 seconds. But in the second set, I put the bottom of my tshirt between my hands and the bar, and held 120kg for 40 seconds... whoa.

20kg dumbbells for 4X8 hammer curls and 15kg for 5 and 10kg for 3X8 on plate wrist curls. Less weight because I was using oly plates.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Gon read up hi bby
    Do you post elsewhere on the site? Dontvsee you in misc section.
    Strength/Filt Log
    [url]http://www.fitmisc.net/forum/showthread.php?124579-2nd-Blast-Log-Still-Natty-Though/page2&p=1629028#post1629028[url]

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    First workout back in the country. Today was a mixup because all the racks were taken, so I started with pressing instead of pulling, which changed the course of this whole workout since I alternate them. 90kg bench press for 3 sets of 4 felt super easy. Rested 90 seconds between sets. Paused the last rep of the last set. God damn I'm looking forward to testing my strength on this.

After, I did snatch grip pulls, but with my index finger on the rings of the bar, (rather than pinkies previously). In the rack though, so the plates are a few inches off the ground. 140kg for 5, 150kg for 5, (RPE exceeded 9 here), and 2 more sets of 5 with 140kg. You might say, 'why use snatch grip to increase the ROM when you're just going to pull it from above the floor anyway?' The answer is that snatch grip just off the floor is same ROM as off the floor, but also more upper back activation. Win win.

The all time PR on chest press, 165 for 12, 12, 12, might have been influenced by my not being fatigued from barbell rows. Not sure. But it felt good. Barbell rows with 97.5kg for 3 sets of 6. Hopefully I can hit 100 this time for that.

Took first set of close grip press slightly easier and hit 13, and replicated that on all the other sets, 13, 13, 13. Machine rows with 135lb for 5X10. 2 sets of 13 second static holds with 145kg.

I know I said I like EZ bar curls but haven't done them in a while. It's because I simply realized hammer curls, with a slight inward tilt, and slightly across the body, feel the best out of anything I've done. Extremely natural. 13, 12, 12, 9 on 10kg plate wrist curls. Forearms have never been as pumped up as they were today 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLI View Post
    Gon read up hi bby
    Do you post elsewhere on the site? Dontvsee you in misc section.
    Hey dude. I read the Genova/Misfits and Blaha threads without fail, but only occasionally post there. Other than that it's this thread, occasional posts in the lifting forum, (like 1 a month lol), and occasional misc posts.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just trained neck and shoulders. Neck went really well. I finally hit 5kg for 4 sets of 25 on neck curls, and 4 sets of 20 on neck extensions. I'm finally getting used to actually using the muscles involved in neck extensions. You could compare it to a completely new lifter doing rows for the eighth time and having it start to click. Even if their form was, looking externally, ok from the start, there is a difference between that and that feeling when your CNS is performing the way it should.

70lb machine lateral raises with short rest, 45 seconds, for 4 sets of 20, 15, 15, 13. This was before neck training. Came back after neck training and did 80lb for 4 more sets of 15, 15, 15, 13. The logic is basically that I'm doing this session as infrequently as once a week, so might as well ensure I'm doing enough sets to induce growth out of it. Finished with cable rear delt fly for 6 sets of 10.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Internet Tough Guy Online Warlord's Avatar
    Do you even lift you fucking faggot who are you?
    Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm actually tempted to neg just because seeing that thread title annoys me so much
    Blahautism: The Jason Blaha Story CLIFFS

Check out Blahautism CLIFFS thread for a thorough summary of the Blahautism threads, including plenty of important information that is not on either Blahapedia or Exposed TV

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Trained yesterday, (the full body session), and did shoulders and neck today.

Yesterday: @Lil Flinch I think you were actually right about rack pulls in my case. The problem with rack pulls a little bit below the knee, is that the angle of your torso, (moderately bent over, but not super bent over), means that the lower back can still be a weak point, but at the same time, you're not actually training the erectors that well to overcome this because of the relatively low ROM of the exercise. I'm going to focus on longer ROM pulls, with just the occasional little bit of above the knee pulling, since there won't be the lower back problem, but also just that feeling of heavier weight in the hands than what you'd do on the full ROM lift, and the upper back work it provides.

Did snatch grip pulls today, decided to do slightly higher rep since I've only done 5s, so I planned to do 125kg for 4X8. Overestimated myself there, and hit it for 8, 8, 6, 6. Very tiring as I'm not conditioned to this.

Bench went well, still only needing to rest a couple of minutes between sets even now, 92.5kg today for 3 sets of 4. Even paused the very last rep.

Awesome news on barbell rows. I just managed to hit 100kg for 3 sets of 6. Very happy with this lifetime PR.

Chest press with 180lb for 10, 10, 9, and machine rows, 135lb, 5X10. Close grip press with 120lb for 13, 13, 13, and 110 for 14 on the final set, (couldn't have hit 120 for 13 and I wanted to match the first few sets).

Static hold with 140kg for 2 sets of 19 seconds, very happy with this. 14kg hammer curls, (marginally pronated grip), for 15, 15, 13, 13, and 10kg plate curls for 13, 13, 13, 12, a PR on both of these.

PRs today, too. Neck curls with 10kg for 4X12, and 4X10 on neck extensions. Machine laterals with 100lb for 4X9 and 90lb for 4X9 afterwards. Finished with 6X10 across the body cable rear delt fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Online Warlord View Post
    I'm actually tempted to neg just because seeing that thread title annoys me so much

You should ask a mod to create a lifting log section and have my thread moved to there.

Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee Why Zee Zee View Post
    You should ask a mod to create a lifting log section and have my thread moved to there.
    Or mayde I'll just ask a mod to change the title into something less annoying. "His name was Log-ert Paulson" the fuck is that supposed to mean? Lol

Check out Blahautism CLIFFS thread for a thorough summary of the Blahautism threads, including plenty of important information that is not on either Blahapedia or Exposed TV

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Warlord View Post
    Or mayde I'll just ask a mod to change the title into something less annoying. "His name was Log-ert Paulson" the fuck is that supposed to mean? Lol

Maybe I'll get the mods to change your name to Flinch's bitch

Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Maybe I'll get the mods to change your name to Flinch's bitch
    You do that and I will actually kill you

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Man, today was a mixed bag. This training cycle is just about over and I'm looking forward to the next one because I plan to actually periodize my pulling like I did with my bench and row, rather than just alternating heavy and light and trying to PR every week. In the meantime, I did snatch grip pulls for 4 sets of 4 with 145kg. Felt perfectly fine, just really hard. It's a strange feeling but I can't visualize injuring my lower back on these. I feel like if my back rounds then I'm just going to fail the lift.

Bench was a disaster. 1 week ago I bench 82.5kg for 3X8, 2 minutes rest between sets, and pause the last rep, whereas today, 85kg for 8 was tough. Rested 3 minutes and I failed the very last rep of the third, (final), set - touch and go, even. Rationally, I knew I probably wouldn't get the last rep as I tried for it based on the feeling, but this... part animalistic, part expectation driven by hindsight of previous sessions just made me try. Roll of shame.

Managed to row 92.5kg for 3X8, though. That was good. PR.

Chest press followed in weakness to bench, 165lb for 12, 10, 10. Machine rows for 5X10 with 135lb. Static holds with 120kg for 2 sets of 35 seconds, really happy with this, PR also. PR on hammer curls, 20kg for 9, 8, 8, 8. 4X7 on plate wrist curls with 15kg, trying to hold it further away from the middle to make it harder.

Finished with close grip machine press. I didn't do this before because I thought that my pressing had been so abysmal that it would be better to make it a lower volume session so I could lessen my fatigue later on when I go for a PR in a week's time. But I realized that my being weaker today has little bearing on the hypertrophy I can stimulate, and that this might as well be a legit session. Went lighter on this, 110lb, for 4 sets of 16, 16, 16, 18. Seriously not a bad way to finish.

Speaking of periodizing my pulling like how I periodize my bench and row... Here is the setup I've planned. This is assuming my bench has actually gone up, otherwise I'll keep the weight the same as it was this training cycle. 2 sessions per week, alternating heavier and lighter.

Week 1

Snatch Grip Pull 112.5kg 4X8
    Bench Press 77.5kg 3X8
    Barbell Row 85kg 3X8
    [Assistance]

Snatch Grip Pull 132.5kg 4X4
    Bench Press 87.5kg 3X4
    Barbell Row 95kg 3X6
    [Assistance]

Week 2

Snatch Grip Pull 115kg 4X8
    Bench Press 80kg 3X8
    Barbell Row 87.5kg 3X8
    [Assistance]

Snatch Grip Pull 135kg 4X4
    Bench Press 90kg 3X4
    Barbell Row 97.5kg 3X6
    [Assistance]

Week 3

Snatch Grip Pull 117.5kg 4X8
    Bench Press 82.5kg 3X8
    Barbell Row 90kg 3X8
    [Assistance]

Snatch Grip Pull 137.5kg 4X4
    Bench Press 92.5kg 3X4
    Barbell Row 100kg 3X6
    [Assistance]

Week 4

Snatch Grip Pull 120kg 4X8
    Bench Press 85kg 3X8
    Barbell Row 92.5kg 3X8
    [Assistance]

Snatch Grip Pull 140kg 4X4
    Bench Press 95kg 3X4
    Barbell Row 102.5kg 3X6
    [Assistance]

Week 5

Snatch Grip Pull 122.5kg 4X8
    Bench Press 87.5kg 3X8
    Barbell Row 95kg 3X8
    [Assistance]

Snatch Grip Pull 142.5kg 4X4
    Bench Press 97.5kg 3X4
    Barbell Row 105kg 3X6
    [Assistance]
    Quote Originally Posted by PakiChad View Post
    You only train twice a week?

Oh hey PakiChad. I think I missed your post because it was the last one on the page and I was logging from my phone. I workout 3 days a week. One of these days is shoulder isolation stuff and direct neck work. The other two days are full body type sessions.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-03-16 at 09:15 PM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I got a bit sick last week, and considering that crappy bench day, the aimlessness of my pulls, and the fact that I've already clearly demonstrated barbell row strength gains, I skipped testing. 6 days off training, (which isn't really crazy in the context of full body training anyway), eating a moderate deficit, and now back to it.

The racks were taken so I started with bench instead of pulls. First day of the training cycle, starting light, 75kg 3X8. Happy to say I did this with 60 seconds rest between sets and paused the last rep. Racks were still taken so I moved to chest press, 165lb 3 sets of 10, 10, 8.

A rack was freed up so it was time for pulls. Considering the awkwardness of shrugging the weight when I have a snatch grip, I've opted for rack pulls from the lowest pin for this training cycle, so the weight is max 3 inches from the floor, and doing those. 4 sets of 8 with 112.5kg, an easy start to things, but the weights will go up in time.

Did close grip press before barbell rows to rest the back a little. Just 3 sets of 12 with 120lb, first day back so I felt fine doing 1 less set. Barbell rows with 82.5kg for 3 sets of 8. Followed with machine rows. Making a change here, dropping from 135lb to 120lb and focusing on pulling further back. Feet on the floor instead of on the foot pads, makes it somehow more difficult, 5X10.

Static holds 2X30 seconds with 120kg. Moved onto hammer curls 14kg for 15, 15, 10, 10, and wrist curls with 10kg for 13, 13, 10, 10.

Going to do shoulders and neck in an hour, so I'll edit this post with that.

EDIT: Neck and shoulder work. Neck went brilliant. Neck curled 5kg for 25, 25, 25, 30, an all-time PR, and 5kg neck extensions for 4 sets of 20. For side delts, on the machine I did 70lb for 20, 15, 15, 13, (45 second rest), and after neck I came back for 18, 15, 15, 15, (normal rest).
    Finished with cable rear delt reverse fly for 6 sets of 12 with the pin in the second hole.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-03-24 at 04:36 AM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another full body workout. Quite an interesting day. I started with rack pulls from the lowest height I've done them before, just like last session. 5-6 inches off the floor, so mid-shin. 135kg for 4 sets of 4. Glad to say this was easy so I only rested 2 minutes between sets. Lots of room to build on this over the next month. Benched 85kg for 3 sets of 4, resting 1 minute to up the difficulty, paused the last rep.

Barbell rows with 92.5kg for 3X6, feeling easy as expected. 3X10 on chest press with 165lb, and 120lb on machine rows for 5X10, absolute quality reps. Close grip press with 120 for 3X12. I'll add a set next week.

Static holds I managed to hit with 140kg for 25 seconds, and another set of 20 seconds, (this wasn't 100% but I thought if I couldn't reach 25 seconds twice, no need causing too much fatigue). I think this is actually a lifetime PR. 20kg hammer curls for 4X8 and 15kg plate curls for 8, 8, 8, 6.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-03-27 at 03:56 AM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    First session of week two of this training cycle. High rep, (relatively), day, 2.5kg more than last week. Rack pulls from mid-shin with 115kg for 4 sets of 8. Followed with bench press with 77.5kg for 3X8, (minute and a half rest, paused the last rep, RPE wasn't above 9). Barbell rows with 85kg for 3X8.

Chest press for 3X10. No additional reps, but after this, I did an additional set of close grip machine press, so 4 total sets, 4X12. But in between machine press and close grip press, I busted out 5X10 machine rows with 120lb.

Static holds with 122.5kg for 2 sets of 30 and 25 seconds, followed by more forearm work. 14kg hammer curls for 15, 13, 12, 12, and finished with wrist curls with 10kg plate for 13, 13, 13, 10, which I think is a PR. Neck and shoulder work tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Just trained shoulders and neck. 4X8 with 100lb on the side raise machine and after neck training, 4X8 with 90lb.

Neck went well! PR on neck curls with 10kg for 4X15 and 4X12 on neck extensions with the same weight. Most I've ever done on neck curls with 10kg is 4X12 so this is great. All with 1X a week frequency. When you factor in that it's about 8 minutes a week for neck work and the benefits of that, this is incredibly time efficient.

6X12 on rear felt cable fly.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-03-30 at 07:52 PM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another full body session, week 2 heavy day, (4th workout in the training cycle so far). Mid-shin rack pulls with 140kg for 4 sets of 4 - also with 2 minutes rest between all sets, a good sign of the ability to handle heavier weights when we get to that, and hopefully when I test, a solid performance.

Bench press 87.5kg for 3 sets of 4, (90 seconds rest, paused last rep), and barbell rows with 95kg for 3X6, slightly hard TBH, like if I'd tried to do 3X6 with 100kg today it would have been ugly.

3X10 165lb chest press felt very smooth. 120lb machine row 5X10, once again pulling very far back and great contraction and control. 120lb close grip chest press for 13, 12, 12, 13, nice to be performing well here.

150kg static hold for 2 sets of 11, 10 seconds. Man, my performance really drops with a little extra weight, I think I need to go heavier more often.

20kg hammer curl for 9, 8, 8, 8, and 15kg wrist curl for 8, 8, 6, and 5kg for 30 reps to finish off.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Another full body session, week 2 heavy day, (4th workout in the training cycle so far). Mid-shin rack pulls with 140kg for 4 sets of 4 - also with 2 minutes rest between all sets, a good sign of the ability to handle heavier weights when we get to that, and hopefully when I test, a solid performance.

Bench press 87.5kg for 3 sets of 4, (90 seconds rest, paused last rep), and barbell rows with 95kg for 3X6, slightly hard TBH, like if I'd tried to do 3X6 with 100kg today it would have been ugly.

3X10 165lb chest press felt very smooth. 120lb machine row 5X10, once again pulling very far back and great contraction and control. 120lb close grip chest press for 13, 12, 12, 13, nice to be performing well here.

150kg static hold for 2 sets of 11, 10 seconds. Man, my performance really drops with a little extra weight, I think I need to go heavier more often.

20kg hammer curl for 9, 8, 8, 8, and 15kg wrist curl for 8, 8, 6, and 5kg for 30 reps to finish off.
    reading this makes me upset about my wrist injury
    how is your lower back rn ?

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricflairenin' View Post
    reading this makes me upset about my wrist injury
    how is your lower back rn ?

It's pretty good. Lower backs take a long time to heal, and even when you've, 'recovered', it basically means you're at 95%, and that's as good as it's gonna get. I never aggravated my back until I got injured squatting, but after that I've aggravated it several times. However my back is the best it's felt in a very long time, and that's due to several things.

-When I'm at work for 8 hours, I have an orthopedic lower back pillow on my chair. Improves sitting posture.
    -When I'm at home on my computer, I'm lying down. No desk in my room and that's intentional.

However I've been doing this stuff for a few years already and it only did so much. Getting into pulling again and building strength in my lower back through pulls, particularly rack pulls at mid-height, has made a great difference. I'd definitely emphasize building lower back strength through pulls, rather than through a squat, as being important in my case.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's pretty good. Lower backs take a long time to heal, and even when you've, 'recovered', it basically means you're at 95%, and that's as good as it's gonna get. I never aggravated my back until I got injured squatting, but after that I've aggravated it several times. However my back is the best it's felt in a very long time, and that's due to several things.

-When I'm at work for 8 hours, I have an orthopedic lower back pillow on my chair. Improves sitting posture.
    -When I'm at home on my computer, I'm lying down. No desk in my room and that's intentional.

However I've been doing this stuff for a few years already and it only did so much. Getting into pulling again and building strength in my lower back through pulls, particularly rack pulls at mid-height, has made a great difference. I'd definitely emphasize building lower back strength through pulls, rather than through a squat, as being important in my case.
    I have a bulging disc, not srs as your injury just gets sore here and there, but injured my wrist recently and it might be TFCC tear, it'll put me 6 months of work back smfh.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another full body session, and training neck and shoulders tomorrow. Started with mid-shin rack pull with 117.5kg for 4 sets of 8. This was harder than 112.5kg and 115kg, 1 and 2 weeks ago. I couldn't tell it was harder from an RPE standpoint since I was still several reps from failure, but I could tell because of the additional cardiovascular fatigue, heavy breathing and stuff. 2 min 30 sec rest between sets, relatively lowish for this exercise as the weight still isn't heavy enough to need the additional rest. Soon enough I'll need to take longer.

Benched 80kg for 3X8. This actually felt quite heavy but I think I was using the heaviest bar in the gym so I'm not worried. Barbell rows 3X8 with 87.5kg. Not concerned about 90kg for 3X8 at all.

3X10 chest press with 165lb and 120lb machine row 5X10, followed by 4X13 120lb machine press, a recent PR.

122.5kg static hold for 2 sets of 31 seconds, PR. Hammer curls with 14kg for 15, 14, 12, 10, (it felt so good on the muscle but the fatigue just swept me away), and 5kg wrist curl, lightest I've ever gone, for 4 sets of 30, 27, 24, 20 reps. Damn this burned.

Quote Originally Posted by ricflairenin' View Post
    I have a bulging disc, not srs as your injury just gets sore here and there, but injured my wrist recently and it might be TFCC tear, it'll put me 6 months of work back smfh.

That really sucks, but it's good to hear you can still press, at least. With a serious shoulder injury, you can still train elbow flexion, and with a serious elbow injury, you can still train forearms and non-elbow involved pulling, shoulder isolation, chest fly motions... But with a serious wrist injury, you're basically out of the game for anything involving your hands.

https://isolatorfitness.com/products/isolator-proforce

But take a look at this link. Basically it's straps which attach to your upper or lower arm while you perform cable movements, totally 100% eliminating the wrists from the movement. I'm not comfortable saying, 'Do some light wrist curls', or, 'Do some static holds, your wrists will be still and it will stretch them in a positive recovery-inducing way', or, 'Maybe you can still do rows or pullups without much trouble', because maybe that could worsen things in your case. But I can't see any possible downsides to considering buying some of these things. Maybe this company charges too much and there's another one who sell this stuff for less, but I just found them through google after I read your post and remembered seeing them somewhere like a year ago.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    More PRs today. Neck curls with 5kg for 4 sets of 30 reps, and 4 sets of 22 reps on neck extensions. For reference, 2 weeks ago, the last time I trained neck with 5kg, (1 week ago was with 10kg), I hit a PR there with 25, 25, 25, 30 on neck curls and 4X20 on neck extensions, so this is a good thing to see.

Something I've observed about neck growth, is you expect it to grow in a way so that it flares out at the bottom, and is relatively more narrow at the top, like Perfect Cell.

Really it's more-so that your whole neck grows, top to bottom.

Lateral raise machine with 70lb for 20, 15, 15, 13, before neck work, (45 seconds rest), and 4 more sets after, with regular 90 seconds rest, for 4 sets of 18. 6X12 single arm rear delt fly. This felt as good as it ever has due to watching a vid of a guy called Doug Brignole talking to Ric Drasin about shoulder training, and how the function of the rear delt isn't to bring the arm completely out to the side so the upper arm is parallel to the floor, but rather to start highish, and bring the weight across and down.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Alright, so this is the heavy day of week 3. Racks were all taken so I started with bench, (this means as well as benching before mid-shin rack pulls, I chest pressed before barbell rows, and close grip chest pressed before machine rows, since I alternate pulling and pushing movements). I got the same bar I failed 85kg for 3X8 with last month, and by god it is heavier than the others. 90kg for 3X4, RPE 10 basically on the final rep. Absolutely devastatingly weak, unreal. Thankfully I can say with confidence that it was the bar, since I performed well on other pressing, even getting a PR on one, which I'll get to soon.

Mid-shin rack pull went great. 145kg for 4X4. Still managed about 2 and a half minutes between sets and wasn't particularly close to failure. This is feeling really nice.

Chest press with 165lb for 3 sets of 10, 10, 12, (had to do the extra two, was feeling easy). Barbell rows with 97.5kg for 3X6 absolutely cemented my confidence with heavier weight next week, since I did this with just 2 minutes rest between sets. Close grip chest press with 120lb, for 4 sets of 14, a new PR. Happy with this. Followed with 5X10 rows with 120lb.

Static holds with 150kg went way way better than last time, (2 sets of 11 and 10 seconds), as I managed 2 sets of 15 seconds. Nice. Hammer curls for 4X8 with 20kg, (nothing spectacular), and 15kg plate wrist curls for 3X8 and then 5kg for 1X40.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast