Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Just measure the calf bro Zee Why Zee Zee's Avatar
    Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    God damn it! I got sick again. Got home from work on Tuesday feeling like garbage and laid on my bed in a shivering mess before drifting into and out of sleep. No dinner that night. Couldn't train on Wednesday. I got in about 1200 calories that day, (milk, cereal, egg whites and whey), and considering how bad I was, that was actually perfect - almost enough to make me sick, right on the edge, but kept it in. Thursday I was back to work but only managed about 2200 calories. Today I'm on 2500 and it's mid-evening, no dinner yet but I'll manage a light meal.

I bought a vitamin D supp on Sunday, (it's winner down here), and have been on 4000IU, (or 100mcg), which is 4 pills, for 6 days now. Was going to do this until the bottle ran out, which would be 15 days since there's 60 pills in the bottle, and then not worry about it until next winter and just get more sun. I just wonder if taking this has something to do with me getting sick. I don't see how it would, 4000IU is like an upper limit but I was only on it for 3 days FFS, but I don't know for sure. It really doesn't seem reasonable to have complications from getting 4000IU for literally just 15 days and then going back to diet and sunlight for vitamin D.

I'm also re-structuring my routine. NOT making fundamental changes, but rather a preference-based shift. The full body is so daunting, both mentally and physically. I'm going to split up my actual pressing from my rack pulls, barbell rows, machine rows and grip work, and split my neck and shoulder day among these days. Everything gets hit over 2 days. Same volume, (the extra 2 sets per week I could feel were really helping before I got sick), same frequency.

EDIT: I trained this morning. Just pressing, and the lateral delt machine. Tomorrow will be rack pulls, barbell and machine rows, static holds, wrist curls, and ALSO neck work, putting it here.

Starting on bench, I only managed 80kg for 3X6. I've lost just over 1.5kg, about 3.4 pounds since Monday, a bit of fat and a bit of muscle.
    4X10 165lb chest press and 4X13 120lb close grip press I still managed. Only performed lateral raise machine with 70lb for 20, 20, 15, 15, and then only 60lb for 4 more sets of 20.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-08-10 at 09:16 PM.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just did the pull day today. Needless to say I was a tad weaker due to my sickness earlier this week. I just chose to work with 145kg for my 4X4 mid-shin rack pulls, and it felt pretty heavy. Still managed 100kg for 3X6 on barbell rows afterwards.

Did neck work to break things up before my machine rows. Nothing good there, but I understand that because since last time I trained, I was sick, but also, first time doing this AFTER trap and back work, so that may have cost me some strength. Neck curls with 10kg for 30, 30, 25, 25, (PR is 4X28), and neck curls for 23, 23, 20, 20, (PR is, I think, 4X23).

I got started on my machine rows and thought, enough of this movement. I used to go a bit too heavy on machine rows, which limited the ROM a bit. That was actually not the worst thing - because of the width of the handles, because they were wide and I had a wide grip, it would biomechanically mean that using a very full ROM would involve a tremendous amount of rear delt, and taking work off of my actual back itself. Since I started performing lighter rows at this machine, the peak of the movement has been a spectre haunting my otherwise decent exercise.

I grabbed a couple of cable crossover handle attachments, (with fabric on each end of the handles which run go off each side of the handle and connect to each other about 8 inches from the handle, and slung them around the back-supported T-bar row machine, which both gave me a closer grip, and enables free movement of my hands, vertically, laterally, and rotationally, (used a hammer grip in this case). Did 2 plates for 2 sets of 8, bit heavy, then 1 a a half places for 3 sets of 10. I'm going to be doing these again.

120kg fat grip static holds for 2 sets of 14, 16. This is stronger than I've been before on these! Could it be that 2 high RPE sets of this movement twice a week is too much, if I come back after missing a session, (so last time I did these was 8 days ago), and perform extremely well? I need to give that some thought.

Fat grip hammer curls too, 22.5kg, 4X8, not as difficult as it has been. Finally, 20kg wrist curls for 3 sets of 12. This is another PR. But I've got a suspicion that for this movement, the PR party is going to be over from here onward. It's unusual for things to go well for this long.
    People who live awesome and amazing lives don't spend time posting on forums about how awesome and amazing their lives are.

Internet Tough Guy Online Warlord's Avatar
    Do you even lift you fucking faggot who are you?
    Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Theres no way youre gonna overtrain your grip by doing static holds twice a week man, it's most likely either the fact that you went lighter on the rack pulls and didnt do the chest pressing or maybe you've been holding back on the static holds without realizing it?
    Last edited by Online Warlord; 2018-08-12 at 06:33 AM.
    Blahautism: The Jason Blaha Story CLIFFS

Check out Blahautism CLIFFS thread for a thorough summary of the Blahautism threads, including plenty of important information that is not on either Blahapedia or Exposed TV

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Did my pressing session today, it was so chill, I was even looking forward to it due to how I was gonna lift some weight, hit the compounds and target a large portion of muscles without feeling exhausted. Still coming back from sickness, (only benched 80kg for 3X6 last time), today was 3X4 with 87.5kg, 4X10 chest press with 165lb, 4 sets of laterals, (I'm deciding to hit these harder now), 70lb for 20, 20, 20, 15, and close grip press for 4X13. I'll edit this post tomorrow with my back workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Online Warlord View Post
    Theres no way youre gonna overtrain your grip by doing static holds twice a week man, it's most likely either the fact that you went lighter on the rack pulls and didnt do the chest pressing or maybe you've been holding back on the static holds without realizing it?

I wear straps on the rack pulls, but it might well come down to the forearm involvement in pressing. I won't lower my volume, this shouldn't be too much.

EDIT: Pull day. Happy to say I've bounced back. 120kg midshin rack pull for 4X8, 2 and a half minutes rest. 3X8 90kg barbell rows and 5X10 chest supported Tbar rows.

Another PR on static holds, 2 sets of 30 seconds with 100kg. 4X15, 15, 15, 10 fat grip rope curls and 3 sets of 10kg plate wrist curls, no PR though.
    Last edited by Zee Why Zee Zee; 2018-08-15 at 04:45 AM.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    As if god himself is laughing at me, I injured my lower back yesterday. I was on my third rep of my third set of mid-shin rack pulls, (4X4 day, 152.5kg), and half way up, my left erector just went. Sudden pain. Dropped it straight away. I knew that was it for rack pulls today, and that barbell rows were not an option. I keep trying to replay the moment in my head and it's difficult to place it. After I removed all the weight I went over to the stretching area and lay front down on a mat, then raised my upper body up, leaving my hips and legs on the ground, and following that for 60 seconds, I did a kneeling shin stretch, and felt a tremendous amount of relief in my lower back. For some reason I just have naturally good flexibility in this particular stretch and it saw this popping relief in my lower back occur.

I've currently got a great deal of swelling on my left erector, but I think what I did with the stretching was akin to re-locating a dislocated joint, in that there's gonna be a lot of inflammation afterwards and swelling, (there would be even if I hadn't done this), but I got in before things had reached the point of inflammation and discomfort which would make this stretch impossible, and did something positive.

Any workout where you get injured is a bad workout overall, but I used a row machine I hadn't used before, with unilateral handles which allow for 100% free movement, and it was amazing. Ended up doing 10 sets, 4 slightly heavier sets of 8 and 6 sets of 10 a bit after that. Put the fat grips on them for my last set to experiment and that got even greater forearm involvement without compromising upper back work.

I did still do static holds as I set the smith machine up to only lift the bar a couple inches. 2 sets of 16 seconds with 120kg, which is great. 4 sets of 9, 9, 8, 8 fat grip rope curls with 22.5kg, a new PR, and 3X12 20kg wrist curls. I'm going to have to switch to a barbell on heavy days soon as 20kg is a little light for going heavy on these.

Internet Tough Guy Online Warlord's Avatar
    Do you even lift you fucking faggot who are you?
    Weight
    92kg / 203lb
    Height
    188cm / 6ft2
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Keep us posted on how your back heals
    Blahautism: The Jason Blaha Story CLIFFS

Check out Blahautism CLIFFS thread for a thorough summary of the Blahautism threads, including plenty of important information that is not on either Blahapedia or Exposed TV

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789