Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Height
    6'1 " (yes half)
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NZmiscer View Post
    I have been reading up on it (not to the same extent)

But damn there is some real shit so to speak about islam, etc and how it makes more sense than Christianity at times.
    Hell I can even see ISIS's viewpoint on shit from the videos I have watched etc.

However I feel like I have a moral obligation to my own ethnicity and people, to continue the christian faith which is essentially the foundation of Europe.

(I am not ultra knowledgeable in the subject, but i hope you see what I am getting at)
    read that moviechat thread for a quick (not really) overview
    I advise through PM.

Weight
    80kg
    Height
    6'1
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    read that moviechat thread for a quick (not really) overview
    I did
    **Immoralkids Soldier**
    *VynzBrahArmy (VBA) - Lance Corporal*
    *Warrior cult*
    *Grunt crew

Height
    6'1 " (yes half)
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    I did
    orly

cool

what were your takeaways
    I advise through PM.

Weight
    80kg
    Height
    6'1
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    orly

cool

what were your takeaways
    **Immoralkids Soldier**
    *Warrior cult*
    *Grunt crew

Height
    6'1 " (yes half)
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    cheeky kunt
    I advise through PM.

Weight
    80kg
    Height
    6'1
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    cheeky kunt
    Can you link me again? I skimmed it tbh
    **Immoralkids Soldier**
    *Warrior cult*
    *Grunt crew

Height
    6'1 " (yes half)
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Can you link me again? I skimmed it tbh
    https://moviechat.org/tt0074896/The-...-false-prophet
    I advise through PM.

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    I have been reading up on it (not to the same extent)

But damn there is some real shit so to speak about islam, etc and how it makes more sense than Christianity at times.
    Hell I can even see ISIS's viewpoint on shit from the videos I have watched etc.

However I feel like I have a moral obligation to my own ethnicity and people, to continue the christian faith which is essentially the foundation of Europe.

(I am not ultra knowledgeable in the subject, but i hope you see what I am getting at)
    I think perception vs reality is important. There's the perception that Islam is the religion of the East and the Arabs, while Christianity is the religion of the west and white people. In reality these are two religions derived from nearly the same geographic location and people.

If you read the gospels primarily, Islam and Christianity don't differ on a lot. I'll compound that and say that the early Christians believed very close to what the Muslims today believe about Jesus and Christianity and conflicted heavily with modern day Christianity (which came about around the time of the councils of Nicaea).

1st Century Christians, the followers of Jesus' brother, James, were called the Ebionites. They rejected the divinity of Christ, and only regarded him as the Messiah and messenger of God. This is identical to what Muslims believe.

Other groups such as the Basilideans didn't believe Jesus was crucified but rather had switched places with Simon of Cyrene. This is exactly what Islam claims (much to the dismay of modern Christians), the Qur'an says maa qaatiluhu wa maa saalibuhu walaakin shubahu lahum (They did not kill nor crucify him but it was made to appear so to them).

So it's clear the earliest Christians believed very similar to what Muslims believe.

Even today if you read the Gospels, unless you already know the doctrine of the Church (trinity, divinity of christ, etc.) where would you get the idea that Jesus is God? He never calls himself God, he never asks people to worship him, never explains a concept like the trinity... it's so loosely based on a few passages that have been so extrapolated on in order to force this concept.

And don't forget, this idea of demi-gods, half man, half god, triune gods, etc. These are pagan esque concepts, is it a coincidence coming from Rome this doctrine emerged? Because the Ebionites in Jerusalem rejected it, the Arians in Egypt rejected the trinity (and were called heratics by Constantine), the nestorians too, the basilideans, etc.
    Middle☪Eastern Crew
    JonnyM is my hero

Weight
    80kg
    Height
    6'1
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I think perception vs reality is important. There's the perception that Islam is the religion of the East and the Arabs, while Christianity is the religion of the west and white people. In reality these are two religions derived from nearly the same geographic location and people.

If you read the gospels primarily, Islam and Christianity don't differ on a lot. I'll compound that and say that the early Christians believed very close to what the Muslims today believe about Jesus and Christianity and conflicted heavily with modern day Christianity (which came about around the time of the councils of Nicaea).

1st Century Christians, the followers of Jesus' brother, James, were called the Ebionites. They rejected the divinity of Christ, and only regarded him as the Messiah and messenger of God. This is identical to what Muslims believe.

Other groups such as the Basilideans didn't believe Jesus was crucified but rather had switched places with Simon of Cyrene. This is exactly what Islam claims (much to the dismay of modern Christians), the Qur'an says maa qaatiluhu wa maa saalibuhu walaakin shubahu lahum (They did not kill nor crucify him but it was made to appear so to them).

So it's clear the earliest Christians believed very similar to what Muslims believe.

Even today if you read the Gospels, unless you already know the doctrine of the Church (trinity, divinity of christ, etc.) where would you get the idea that Jesus is God? He never calls himself God, he never asks people to worship him, never explains a concept like the trinity... it's so loosely based on a few passages that have been so extrapolated on in order to force this concept.

And don't forget, this idea of demi-gods, half man, half god, triune gods, etc. These are pagan esque concepts, is it a coincidence coming from Rome this doctrine emerged? Because the Ebionites in Jerusalem rejected it, the Arians in Egypt rejected the trinity (and were called heratics by Constantine), the nestorians too, the basilideans, etc.
    I havent been studying in like 2 years so I am kinda of retarded atm
    But this shit kinda sinds like halo with the the prophets, heretics, arbiters and the great journey lel,

Foa real though, even with the identity of religions I would find it hard to accept something like Islam (even if it made more sense) because of Western stigma towards it unfortunately.
    And even from the biological perspective, I mean I aint a 1488 faggot but I would I am proud of my ethnicity and idk by mixing with something like that were the majority are middle eastern Malaysian, I would just feel out of place and like if I was to have a wife and we where to have kids, what if my kid was to get married to an aphgani, etc. Isnt that just breeding out my own bloodline?

Sorry if I sound retarded. Srs
    **Immoralkids Soldier**
    *Warrior cult*
    *Grunt crew

The Village Drunkard Publically Uneducated's Avatar
    Weight
    Wanna see my dick or something?
    Height
    The perfect height
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    This thread:
    Replies: 128
    Views: 1,638

The geek in question:

lol @ these stats
    If you gaze long into the piss, the piss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Weight
    Height
    The perfect height
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    But this shit kinda sinds like halo with the the prophets, heretics, arbiters and the great journey lel,

Foa real though, even with the identity of religions I would find it hard to accept something like Islam (even if it made more sense) because of Western stigma towards it unfortunately.
    And even from the biological perspective, I mean I aint a 1488 faggot but I would I am proud of my ethnicity and idk by mixing with something like that were the majority are middle eastern Malaysian, I would just feel out of place and like if I was to have a wife and we where to have kids, what if my kid was to get married to an aphgani, etc. Isnt that just breeding out my own bloodline?

I wuz a kang @ Halo 3 back in the day srs

If only esports was as big as a thing back then
    If you gaze long into the piss, the piss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)

You should really give a shit about bloodline IRL (it's basically a meme). And regardless there's a ton of white Muslims, both natively (Bosnians, Chechens, etc.) and converts. I actually don't like when other races start "adopting" Arab culture, or changing their names to Arab names, you can perfectly be Muslim within your own culture, with your own language, type of clothes, style, etc.

Lets be real anyway if Islam is correct on judgement day you wanna say to God "but muh pure white bloodline thats why i couldn't convert". We're all mutts anyway who gives a fuck. I mean I see the virtue in strong cultural ties, as a half-breed it caused me plenty of identity issues, but being Muslim over shadowed that because my faith, morals, and values trump what my genetic code HAPPENS to be (brb something I can't even control).
    Middle☪Eastern Crew
    JonnyM is my hero

Weight
    Height
    5'8
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't China a big Muslim community?

Weight
    Height
    The perfect height
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    That's Indonesia

Weight
    80kg
    Height
    6'1
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    You should really give a shit about bloodline IRL (it's basically a meme). And regardless there's a ton of white Muslims, both natively (Bosnians, Chechens, etc.) and converts. I actually don't like when other races start "adopting" Arab culture, or changing their names to Arab names, you can perfectly be Muslim within your own culture, with your own language, type of clothes, style, etc.

Lets be real anyway if Islam is correct on judgement day you wanna say to God "but muh pure white bloodline thats why i couldn't convert". We're all mutts anyway who gives a fuck. I mean I see the virtue in strong cultural ties, as a half-breed it caused me plenty of identity issues, but being Muslim over shadowed that because my faith, morals, and values trump what my genetic code HAPPENS to be (brb something I can't even control).
    Damn omega talking real sense here srs.

dammit srs........ DAMMIT
    **Immoralkids Soldier**
    *Warrior cult*
    *Grunt crew

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    There are Chinese communities that are Muslim: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghurs
    Middle☪Eastern Crew
    JonnyM is my hero

Weight
    Height
    The perfect height
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    dude

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567