Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Threaded View

Weight
    Height
    6'0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

What are top Men's Physique competitors running, and what does it take to get there?

I've been receiving conflicted information about this; many people say that top physique competitors (Jeff Seid, Steve Cook, etc.) are on everything under the sun including HGH and shit. This makes sense to me because they are IFBB athlete's at the very top of their sport, it's only logical that they would take whatever they can to get an advantage.

Here's what confuses me, though: Men's Physique isn't about being the biggest and most shredded person on stage. In fact, competitors get points docked off for being too big or too shredded.

Steve Cook is 6'1 205-215 pounds. I don't know if that's what he competes at or if that's his off-season weight (not that he's ever not lean as fuck anyways, but still), but the point is, how much shit can he possibly be on?

I'm 20 years old and on my first cycle of test only and even I'm 205-210 lbs. Obviously nowhere near as shredded as Steve Cook, but still, there's still people here (Look at ChaseThisLight, Dirty, etc. and etc.) who are only on AAS (test/tren at the most, nothing exotic like HGH) and would fucking dwarf Steve Cook standing next to him IRL, both bigger and leaner in contest stage.

I guess the question I'm trying to ask is, how much shit are top physique competitors really on, considering they're normally not much heavier than 200 lbs, what use would blasting grams and grams of gear + HGH be for them, would they even need to?

Last edited by Cocoa; 2014-12-15 at 04:51 PM.