Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 221 to 225 of 225
  1. #221
    Senior Member MadSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2016
    Posts
    7,643
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    42949682
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    To want is an abstract concept, in Arabic the saying God is free of want or need is غَنِيٌّ ; meaning rich, or free of need/desires

    But God can يريد which can mean want but in those contexts I think it's better translated as intend, i.e., to have a conscious objective and plan for us.

    So got has no desires so to speak, but he does have a plan and a conscious
    “Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah.” [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

    Does he desire for his his followers to avoid pork?

    Also want is not an abstract concept.
    You keep your distance with a system of touch
    And gentle persuasion
    I'm lost in admiration
    Could I need you this much?
    Oh, you're wasting my time
    You're just—, just—, just wasting time


    Solid PeckerWood

  2. #222
    Administrator Ω Omega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 19 2012
    Posts
    22,967
    Mentioned
    1965 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    42949700
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    “Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah.” [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

    Does he desire for his his followers to avoid pork?

    Also want is not an abstract concept.
    He does not want us to eat pork, but he does not need us to not eat it.
    Middle☪Eastern Crew Islam refutation list Microwavedbeef exposed as a plagiarist
    JonnyM is my hero

  3. #223
    Senior Member MadSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2016
    Posts
    7,643
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    42949682
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    He does not want us to eat pork, but he does not need us to not eat it.
    So he has wants?
    You keep your distance with a system of touch
    And gentle persuasion
    I'm lost in admiration
    Could I need you this much?
    Oh, you're wasting my time
    You're just—, just—, just wasting time


    Solid PeckerWood

  4. #224
    Administrator Ω Omega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 19 2012
    Posts
    22,967
    Mentioned
    1965 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    42949700
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    So he has wants?
    He is free from worldly needs was the original Qur'an verse. I just spent the last couple posts talking about how he can yureed (want) but does not need.

    You're literally just going around in circles.
    Middle☪Eastern Crew Islam refutation list Microwavedbeef exposed as a plagiarist
    JonnyM is my hero

  5. #225
    Senior Member MadSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2016
    Posts
    7,643
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    42949682
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    He is free from worldly needs was the original Qur'an verse. I just spent the last couple posts talking about how he can yureed (want) but does not need.

    You're literally just going around in circles.
    So your answer should be yes, he has wants.
    You keep your distance with a system of touch
    And gentle persuasion
    I'm lost in admiration
    Could I need you this much?
    Oh, you're wasting my time
    You're just—, just—, just wasting time


    Solid PeckerWood


 
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions