Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Manlet LeftAnteriorDeltoidBrah's Avatar
    Height
    171cm
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anyone ever been to China?

cliffs:

-was meant to get a placement abroad with work in Japan
    -got delayed for minimum 12 months at the last moment
    -new opportunity to do some time abroad has come up in China
    -work has offered it to me immediately, completely bypass application process etc cause I got messed around with the Japan thing

Anyone been there and worked? I was hype about Japan cause its a modern cool society but in contrast I've always imagined China as a dirty, polluted and overcrowded shithole. Not sure if I should take it or wait 12 months and re apply for Japan, but going to China might make it easier to get the Japan placement when it comes up again..
    Elie's nap crew

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I have heard that in China they have barber shops where you get a hair cut then you go to the back room where they have dime piece hookers you can bang all for 5 buck.

Also china women love bwc so women will be throwing themselves at you for free.
    Last edited by Safado; 2017-09-13 at 09:47 AM.
    Trump 2020 crew

Height
    high as a kite
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    don't work in japan.

go china

Weight
    Height
    6'3"
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I did for a year. Worked just outside Shanghai doing sales. It was an interesting experience. PM me if you want to find out more.

Height
    171cm
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safado View Post
    I have heard that in China they have barber shops where you get a hair cut then you go to the back room where they have dime piece hookers you can bang all for 5 buck.

Also china women love bwc so women will be throwing themselves at you for free.
    dunno if i'd trust a chinaman with my hair
    would definitely have to break up with the gf when I left though hnng
    Elie's nap crew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, when I become infatuated with the idea of traveling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftAnteriorDeltoidBrah View Post
    cliffs:

-was meant to get a placement abroad with work in Japan
    -got delayed for minimum 12 months at the last moment
    -new opportunity to do some time abroad has come up in China
    -work has offered it to me immediately, completely bypass application process etc cause I got messed around with the Japan thing

Anyone been there and worked? I was hype about Japan cause its a modern cool society but in contrast I've always imagined China as a dirty, polluted and overcrowded shithole. Not sure if I should take it or wait 12 months and re apply for Japan, but going to China might make it easier to get the Japan placement when it comes up again..
    lived there 7 years.. feel free to pm me

lived in beijing and zhuhai

Senior Member Jason Blaha's bulging red speedo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ask @ConanTheBarbarian. I'm sure he has lived there himself and has great things to say about China.
    Last edited by Jason Blaha's bulging red speedo; 2017-09-13 at 10:23 AM.

Weight
    100 kg
    Height
    160 cm
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    China is the last stop when all coping has failed
    Melon dollar CEO like to dress business like red carpet! Train like freak former niger ronie copeman

Weight
    Height
    6'5''
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PissBrah View Post
    China is the last stop when all coping has failed
    lol ok. I had a masters in econ at 24 with a high paying job when I came. And I'm far from the most successful back home expat I know. Last school I had multiple math phds, one ex-marine with a msc in political science who left law school and was a total slayer back home (although he sucked with Chinese girls, somehow). And if you're counting people from the middle east/india/africa, they send some of their best and brightest over for a better life/salary. It's not at all uncommon for your after tax salary to be higher in China too, because they don't rape their people with taxes/social security/medicare.

However, lots of people who TEACH ENGLISH are fucktard losers. Even then, it depends where. Some English training centers are even harder than teaching at good private high schools. Most non-English teachers I know were extremely bright people.

I'm about to go to work right now, but I'll answer any specific questions about China you have later so post them up.

To give you some cliffs on original questions: It depends which city. There's a lot more variation in lifestyle between regions and cities in China compared to America/Canada etc. A place in Beijing is likely to be a dirty polluted shithole, but a place like Kunshan is like a delightful forest suburb. PM me which city/province if you're unwilling to post in publicly and I can give you some info.

On Japan: It's a very closed society. You will have more of your western conveniences and modern amenities, but you will have no close friends among locals except the person you date/marry. Japanese really don't mix with outsiders. That might be okay if you are fine with hanging out only with a small circle of other expats and not really integrating into the culture, but then what's the point of travelling? More people in China speak English than Japan despite being more third world; the sounds used to make Japanese words are very limited and have little overlap with English. Chinese has many more unique sounds and many more of them overlap with English sounds, so they have a much easier time with it.

More later.

natural : yes He who shall not be named's Avatar
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Certain parts of china look like mordor
    "Paranoidbrah I'm sorry but Chad's cock is too good. It hits all my sweet spots just right. Ah, i'm cumming again!"

"You may have taken my first but I can never go back to your average penis again, I'm addicted to this cock, oohh cumming!"

"But it's okay, you can still jerk off to me fucking Chad anyday you like. We'll all be together again. Just like the Olive garden days....aaaHH cumming cumming!"

"Paranoidbrah-kun, do you want to kiss me? I have Chad's cum all over my mouth too."

Height
    171cm
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Beijing & Shanghai plus a few smaller cities I don't have full details on
    My degree is chemistry. China ships out huge quantities of raw material but its generally low grade shite that gets processed and refined then sold on in the West in smaller quantities.
    My company wants to save money by being the 1st company to actually produce high quality raw chemicals in China itself so my job will be whipping the chinamen into shape and introducing western lab protocols and teaching them how to deal with unexpected things then can arise in the lab that may be off script.
    Also apparently opportunities to earn extra $ on the side as many higher ups in the business over there would pay for private tutoring in more casual and colloquial English speaking.
    Company will pay for all my papers and for an apartment (I can choose between a big shared apartment with some colleagues possibly from all over the world or a smaller, cheaper but private apartment)

I'd like to know more about nightlife, entertainment, gyms, food, attitudes to westerners (especially as I will be spending some time in less urban areas), transport as I don't fancy driving on those roads, girls (yeah yeah, but my gf can't come with me and a man has needs)
    Elie's nap crew

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Beijing & Shanghai plus a few smaller cities I don't have full details on
    My degree is chemistry. China ships out huge quantities of raw material but its generally low grade shite that gets processed and refined then sold on in the West in smaller quantities.
    My company wants to save money by being the 1st company to actually produce high quality raw chemicals in China itself so my job will be whipping the chinamen into shape and introducing western lab protocols and teaching them how to deal with unexpected things then can arise in the lab that may be off script.
    Also apparently opportunities to earn extra $ on the side as many higher ups in the business over there would pay for private tutoring in more casual and colloquial English speaking.
    Company will pay for all my papers and for an apartment (I can choose between a big shared apartment with some colleagues possibly from all over the world or a smaller, cheaper but private apartment)

I'd like to know more about nightlife, entertainment, gyms, food, attitudes to westerners (especially as I will be spending some time in less urban areas), transport as I don't fancy driving on those roads, girls (yeah yeah, but my gf can't come with me and a man has needs)
    Okay gotcha. Chemistry teachers at high schools often get enticed by better private sector options and leave. My GF works in recruiting and she just happens to be in the areas of material science/chemistry/plastics. PM me your CV or email address if you're interested in finding more stuff. If it's Beijing/Shanghai, you probably shouldn't accept anything less than 28-30k RMB/mo+housing stipend. Realistically maybe 40k if you have some experience. If you're like 22... maybe only 20k/mo.

1.) Nightlife: The Foreign targetted nightlife can be pricey. You should find some cool dive bars with good prices and decent girls. Sports bars are usually much cheaper, but not a lot of girls. It's mostly older british dudes watching soccer/rugby. Overall Brits are the westerners who spend by far the most time in the bars. Clubs will always be way overpriced $15 drinks etc. If you go toward the less foreigner targetted nightlife, you can find some really cool shit to do. Some of this verges on prostitution, but I mean not quite real prostitution. Karaoke and "KTVs" are a huge part of Asian nightlife, but foreigners come here and sometimes like to do this. These ones often have actual prostitutes though LOL. Drugs are NOT part of the culture and the penalties are quite severe. Most Chinese people don't even understand the difference between weed and heroine; "they're both just DRUGS and they will KILL YOU or make you go crazy and KILL PEOPLE!!1!|"

2.) Entertainment: You'll have more to do than you can imagine. Chinese are very strange in that they build a lot of shopping malls. You will find things in malls that you wouldn't find in western malls; almost all gyms and grocery stores are in a mall! VR arcades are pretty ubiquitous, movie theaters are a little more scarce and about the same as western prices. You'll get western releases about 1-3 months late most of the time.

3.) Gyms: EXPENSIVE. They still do paid in full upfront here, no month to month. I paid about $600 for 2 years membership. I'm in a smaller 3rd tier city with "only" 4.5 million people. The first year I was here I lived in the totally under developed third world area of the city, but I still found a squat rack about a 20 minute bus or bike ride away. Now I live in a more developed area and there are about 7 squat racks in walking distance. Gyms never have hack squat machines. You might have seen Chinese weightlifting videos, but common non pro athlete chinese really don't lift weights or play sports often. It's still a new, exotic, and high class/wealthy hobby. Some truly insanely hot gym thots who are way less modest than American gym thots. Literally one of my favorite things about living here. Personal trainers make bank here, about 1.5x the salary of an American trainer in USD but obv with lower cost of living. They also have a much easier time getting clients because Chinese people know jack squat about lifting.

Gyms here are very hot. Chinese people biologically don't have the enzyme that makes their sweat stink, and they also seem to get much less hot than westerners (also get cold easier). Sometimes they just won't turn on the AC unless you ask, and it usually doesn't work very well in the summer. You'll sweat a lot more than a regular western gym.

AAS: You're a chemist. You can legally and easily buy AAS raws and homebrew. I was able to figure it out and haven't done any chemistry since the 11th grade. Some places will sell you finished stuff if you really want. It's not "legal", but Chinese law is strange and very selectively enforced.

Food: Truly awful unless you're in Sichuan or Xinjiang. Traditional Chinese food is so bad they have to mutilate it and completely change it to export it to any other country because everyone would hate it. Easily the worst in the world. Prepare for lots of organs, bones, grease, soggy weird unidentifiable stuff, unsatiating but hypercaloric meals, terrible macros. Xinjiang food is totally different since they are not ethnically Chinese; it's quite similar to most middle eastern food. Lots more meat, breads, potatoes, lamb, and more hearty, filling, high protein foods. Sichuan is usually okay, always very spicy but at least they actually put some meat in it. But after ~6 months or so you'll be able to find a few good Chinese places and a few dishes you can eat over and over. Grocery store food is obv way cheaper, but they do much less "convenience food". You usually can't go buy a bag of pre cooked grilled chicken or any sort of frozen entrees or pre-prepared meals, more snacks and raw ingredients. Beef can be quite expensive (more than USA), but fish, chicken, pork, and LAMB are all way cheaper. There are a lot of good foreign restaurants though. KFCs in China are not like our KFCs; they're much worse. Pizza Huts are not the same either; they're much better, it's like a high end sit down restaurant here with a much bigger menu. Papa Johns is the same.

Transport: The best in the world. Amazing subway systems in practically every city over 2 million, great and timely bus systems, and a long distance train that can take you from city to city within China for very low prices and very fast. Also, you can buy an electric powered motorcycle (ebike) for about $300 that goes about 40km/h and has it's one lane in the roads with no cars. China is going to outlaw fossil fuel vehicles soon, electric cars and hybrids are way more common.

Girls:... That's it's own post. You might be able to dig up a dissertation on Chinese girls in my post history somewhere. They're great though. Almost everyone gets laid a lot more in China. I have seen a few white guys who actually had the reverse and said they did better in America/britain with girls but found Chinese girls harder; I have some theories on why this happens sometimes, but it'd be a long tldr redpill filled post.

Chinese girls can be quite ratchet; probably most of the Chinese girls you've met in America are really nerdy, shy, and quiet. Not a very good representation of Chinese girls in China. Despite the fact that they are biologically infinitely more feminine, they ACT a lot like African American girls. Lots of them like rap, will ride on the back of your motorcycle like it's no big deal, are kind of disinhibited and have some ghetto proclivities in both attractive and unattractive ways. Not always ladylike.

uhh.... they're hot. Big boobs are shockingly common. My first job I felt like I couldn't walk 10 feet without seeing a petite woman with a big B cup or small C cup. But if you're into nice asses, you will be disappointed. Almost all of them are pancakes of cellulite. They don't wear thongs here either, just granny panties. yoga pants are just now catching on.

Weight
    76kg
    Height
    5'8
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PublixBagboy View Post
    It depends which city. There's a lot more variation in lifestyle between regions and cities in China compared to America/Canada etc. A place in Beijing is likely to be a dirty polluted shithole, but a place like Kunshan is like a delightful forest suburb.
    This. It makes a big difference where it is.

On Japan: It's a very closed society. You will have more of your western conveniences and modern amenities, but you will have no close friends among locals except the person you date/marry. Japanese really don't mix with outsiders. That might be okay if you are fine with hanging out only with a small circle of other expats and not really integrating into the culture, but then what's the point of travelling?
    This depends on where you are, and your personality and reasons for being there. Most of the foreigners in Japan are just there to take what they can and don't really give a shit about the locals or culture, Japanese see straight through that as do the expats who aren't like that. The foreigners who do learn some language, obey the customs and don't walk around with a 'superior gaijin attitude' have little trouble making friends or getting the most out of the place.

Agree on the English teachers in Asian countries, a fair portion of them are pretty cringe.

Height
    171cm
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies so far
    Just a few more questions

Obviously my job will involve bossing around the chinamen and whipping them into line cause we are pushing for high quality products, not the fast mass produced shit products they are used to.
    Here in the U.K. the few Asians I interacted with were pretty beta and I found that as long as you tell them very clearly in a commanding tone what you want them to do they will nod and go about it immediately with enthusiasm.
    Is this the best way to deal with them in general? I'm thinking that in their own country they may be more prone to be dicks and try to get away with shit and babble about me in mandarin behind my back. Is it better to be the "friendly boss" type?
    To be clear I do muck in and actually do shit and not just boss people around, I will get hands on and demonstrate exactly how to do things but I could be visiting 5+ plants in different cities in a day, so need to know that they will do as they are told once I leave.

With your comments on English teachers, I'm guessing you would advise against doing the private tutoring on the side for the guys who want to learn more "casual" English?
    And with the apartment - better to get a smaller private one than a big shared place which could potentially be shared with people from other professions including TEFL people?
    Last edited by LeftAnteriorDeltoidBrah; 2017-09-14 at 05:24 AM.
    Elie's nap crew

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Prepare to say shit 7+ times and really really slowly for them to remember even the simplest tasks. Friendly boss you'll get run over.

Side tutoring can be very lucrative even with an intermediary, without one it can pay double your regular hourly rate.

Renting housing is insanely cheap even in Shanghai/Beijing. You can get your own pretty big and nice place for about 4k RMB 2 bedrooms even in the nicest parts of town here, so Shanghai/Beijing probably 6k/month. In the less fancy areas, still no more than 3-4k. No need to have roommates.
    Last edited by PublixBagboy; 2017-09-14 at 06:10 AM.

Height
    171cm
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Prepare to say shit 7+ times and really really slowly for them to remember even the simplest tasks. Friendly boss you'll get run over.

Side tutoring can be very lucrative even with an intermediary, without one it can pay double your regular hourly rate.
    whats the tax like? from what I understand I'll actually be paying less tax in communist china than I will in this socialist nanny state lmao
    Elie's nap crew

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In my mind I have.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    whats the tax like? from what I understand I'll actually be paying less tax in communist china than I will in this socialist nanny state lmao
    You'll very often get a tax holiday if you're from an English speaking country. 3 years of 0 taxes. Otherwise, it's progressive just like everywhere else. But a nominally upper middle class person pays 7-12% instead of 25+social security+medicare adding up to like 30%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast