Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chicken breast cooked with George Foreman grill vs Oven cooked

Title says it all, which would be ideal? Been oven cooking ngl half the time it taste like shit. Thinking of buying a george foreman grill since they're relatively cheap but wanted to hear everyone else's input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Foreman works well and cooks pretty quickly/evenly but there’s always this weird taste I get from using it. Might be the nonstick or something.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    always give the foreman a spray of olive oil before use, cooks better but only if the breasts are not thick

if you're deadset on oven cooking do it in a foil parcel with some oil and a drop of water so it doesnt dry out, and if still unpalatable mask it with vegetables/cheese/carb etc and just eat that chit

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AsliDaku View Post
    Title says it all, which would be ideal? Been oven cooking ngl half the time it taste like shit. Thinking of buying a george foreman grill since they're relatively cheap but wanted to hear everyone else's input.
    FAGGOT
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD View Post
    I banned @autistic warrior for spamming longcats all over the place and he had so much fun in banned camp I almost had to unban to get the point across.

Srs. This place was in a rage over his ban and he was in there having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by autistic warrior View Post
    God damn this Nigga lookin hungry as fuck he needa come up on some mcdonalds real soon or roast that dog an eat it
    *Street fighting crew*

all hope is gone CuckernautShitness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    should be frying it in lard

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    It's chicken
    You clearly simply don't like chicken lol
    Eat something else.
    Strength/Filt Log
    [url]http://www.fitmisc.net/forum/showthread.php?124579-2nd-Blast-Log-Still-Natty-Though/page2&p=1629028#post1629028[url]

From Chump to Champ Aztec Assailant's Avatar
    Weight
    255 lbs.
    Height
    5'-11.5"
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    You shouldn't cook chicken breasts in an oven, it dries it out. Here's how I cook boneless, skinless chicken breast:

1.) Turn frying pan on medium heat, put in chicken breasts

2.) Add 1 cup of water

3.) Add garlic powder and black pepper

4.) Put lid on pan

5.) Come back 22 minutes later, and flip chicken over, season other side, replace lid (only turn chicken over once during cooking, to make it more tender and juicy)

6.) After 45 minutes total cooking time, chicken is done, should be really tender
    I realize the comics I’ve posted online so far suck, but I drew them with a mouse for a school assignment and I couldn’t use a good font with the school computers and I was in a time crunch. After the summer I will draw better comics to show you guys that when I draw on paper and letter digitally with a good font, they will look a lot better.

Height
    5'8"
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec Assailant View Post
    You shouldn't cook chicken breasts in an oven, it dries it out. Here's how I cook boneless, skinless chicken breast:

1.) Turn frying pan on medium heat, put in chicken breasts

2.) Add 1 cup of water

3.) Add garlic powder and black pepper

4.) Put lid on pan

5.) Come back 22 minutes later, and flip chicken over, season other side, replace lid (only turn chicken over once during cooking, to make it more tender and juicy)

6.) After 45 minutes total cooking time, chicken is done, should be really tender
    Jesus thats a long ass time to cook it on the stove.

I either do it crockpot and shred it up or put in the oven on 350 for 15-17 minutes depending upon how much chicken your cooking. easiest way to cook it and I've never had them come out dry. I use to HATE eating reheat chicken and switched to ground chicken which i love as well. Super easy to cook that just like ground beef or turkey.

Senior Member Special Agent Blaha's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I use an indoor grill and cook 100% of my meat on it. Probably the single best kitchen device I ever purchased and it was only like $ 50 on Amazon.

Also George Foreman grills are awful. They produce incredibly dry meat because it smashes everything with the lid and squeezes the juice/flavor out.
    Last edited by Special Agent Blaha; 2018-05-01 at 03:01 PM.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

From Chump to Champ Aztec Assailant's Avatar
    Weight
    255 lbs.
    Height
    5'-11.5"
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firby911 View Post
    Jesus thats a long ass time to cook it on the stove.
    It would be a long time if I was hungry, I don't wait that long before I start cooking. I'm usually on my phone or iPad most of the time, so the time flies by fast.
    I realize the comics I’ve posted online so far suck, but I drew them with a mouse for a school assignment and I couldn’t use a good font with the school computers and I was in a time crunch. After the summer I will draw better comics to show you guys that when I draw on paper and letter digitally with a good font, they will look a lot better.

Weight
    Height
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I take the boneless chicken breast and slowly bake in the oven I only use pepper, salt and paprika and a dash of garlic.
    i cut up potatoes add butter & sour cream & cheese and fried onions and bake that in a separate pan its best to cook the potatoes before adding the other ingredients then bake until cheese is melted and extra side dish I use one ham hock or whatever smoked pork you like and add can snap beans and cook until beans are tender a little salt & pepper thats it. I hope this helps you out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneAlvarado View Post
    I take the boneless chicken breast and slowly bake in the oven I only use pepper, salt and paprika and a dash of garlic.
    i cut up potatoes add butter & sour cream & cheese and fried onions and bake that in a separate pan its best to cook the potatoes before adding the other ingredients then bake until cheese is melted and extra side dish I use one ham hock or whatever smoked pork you like and add can snap beans and cook until beans are tender a little salt & pepper thats it. I hope this helps you out
    thanks forum bot dude will try this recipe over all the others
    I failed therefore I have quit this forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It only dries out in the oven if you overcook it. The foreman is fine, but there won't be much of a difference. Chicken tastes like chicken. Only the foreman it may get rubbery/overcooked faster, you may get a tougher outside, but again, chicken is chicken.

avatar by zombiebrah Distract & Deny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Turn the oven on to 400 before cooking it in a pan on the stove. Always tastes yummo.
    Free Pissbrah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    foreman grill owns, best $20 investment ever tbh

Weight
    85 kgs
    Height
    182 cm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can tell you how to prepare healthy and dietary chicken breast, baked in foil. It's really simple and tasty! Here is a recipe, which I've always cooked for myself since when I was a college student and just started training at the gym. Now I have a notebook full of essays with recipes. I even write my term paper about human nutrition. So! To start, You have to rub chicken fillet with spices (I use: basil, olive oil, different herbs and curry). Than marinate it in the lemon juice for 30-40 minutes. Pour marinade into the chicken breast and wrap it with foil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
    Last edited by alanstrong; 2018-07-10 at 08:18 AM.