Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Test Only Vs Oral's For Cutting?

Quick question guys

Why is it that when most people cut they use orals? I understand that certain oral's can give you a different look to just test, but from a pure cutting "anti catabolic" perspective is there much difference?

When cutting down to the lower bodyfat percentages such as from 10 to 6%, is something like test at 250mg just as effective as winny or anavar in its anti catabolic properties?
    I see alot of cutting cycles reccomending stacking oral's in, aside from the "look" that orals can give you at a lower bf% is there another reason why?

Thanks Guys

Weight
    All-you-can-eat
    Height
    Not enough to get laid in 2018
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Test causes water retention. 6% is not maintainable so it's more for completing a packaged look. Full, dry and big. I don't think it's possible to maintain 6% unless you're a freak of nature with a perfect diet. Bruce Lee was very low bf but trained every single day so his metabolism was fire. Everything he did revolved around cardio.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    The cycles you see are for cutting into a show, which is different than most people cutting to lose fat.
    You can def cut on test alone. I'd say use whatever gives you no sides. Most orals are used for cosmetic reasons to look a certain way on stage, as far as their use in cutting cycles.
    People who aren't competing then copy that and think oh this is how you cut, fact is though cutting for fat loss like most are doing is not cutting for a show prep.
    Strength/Filt Log
    [url]http://www.fitmisc.net/forum/showthread.php?124579-2nd-Blast-Log-Still-Natty-Though/page2&p=1629028#post1629028[url]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because it's fun. They can enhance your look, and getting leaner while jacked up on orals makes training so much better.

Weight
    Height
    6'0"
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Orals on a cut are purely for cosmetic and strength purposes. Unnecessary IMO, unless you're prepping for a show.
    Eastern European
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonblahadisciple View Post
    i theorize my paranoid schizophrenia was caused by trenbolone deficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by longNStrong View Post
    We inject cattle hormones and have unprotected anal sex with transsexuals.

Thatís what this forum is about.

So.. what brings you here?

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avodo View Post
    Because it's fun. They can enhance your look, and getting leaner while jacked up on orals makes training so much better.
    Bascially this

Also my opinion is it makes little difference holding muscle down to maybe 8%ish

But if you want to get 6% I highly recommend adding more than 250 test

Not to mention, who the fuck is gonna get to 6% and not wanna add an oral so they can look superhuman??

If anything, I’d use orals ONLY to cut

You can bulk with them but they hurt appetite and health in general, both things which will reduce you gains.

Weight
    185 lbs
    Height
    5'9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    test only is just fine for cutting, especially if you take the mg's up high 500-1000 it has a decent fat burning effect
    Last edited by FormerRonnie; 2018-02-13 at 09:29 AM.

Weight
    230lbs
    Height
    5' 9
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raddic View Post
    Orals on a cut are purely for cosmetic and strength purposes. Unnecessary IMO, unless you're prepping for a show.
    Not even when prepping for a show.

You want to drop water before a show? Take lasix or diazide. Want to fill out? Humalog

Maybe if diuretics and insulin weren‘t around it would be a different story
    Last edited by Genetikk; 2018-02-13 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetikk View Post
    Not even when prepping for a show.

You want to drop water before a show? Take lasix or diazide. Want to fill out? Humalog

Maybe if diuretics and insulin weren‘t around it would be a different story
    Why then do pros use them? Not argumentative, bc plenty of people do shot just bc they always have and don't think about it. But most show preps I've seen posted all use like 3 orals, winny, halo, idk other stuff.
    Are you referring to further out from the show date while still in cut phase? Or specifically for the show date?
    Strength/Filt Log
    [url]http://www.fitmisc.net/forum/showthread.php?124579-2nd-Blast-Log-Still-Natty-Though/page2&p=1629028#post1629028[url]

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerRonnie View Post
    test only is just fine for cutting, especially if you take the mg's up high 500-1000 it has a decent fat burning effect
    How so? @Genetikk once said/did this iirc, cut on a gram, or he used a lot of mast maybe, and said it may or did have fat burning affects at higher doses (beyond the cosmetic affect).
    Reading yes that dht can act directly on fat, is it worth it? As opposed to Clen etc?
    Obviously higher doses I'm sure increase metabolism etc so that helps indirectly too.
    Strength/Filt Log

Weight
    230lbs
    Height
    5' 9
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesLI View Post
    Why then do pros use them? Not argumentative, bc plenty of people do shot just bc they always have and don't think about it. But most show preps I've seen posted all use like 3 orals, winny, halo, idk other stuff.
    Are you referring to further out from the show date while still in cut phase? Or specifically for the show date?
    Because if you‘re a pro or high level amateur you‘re not gonna be sticking only to what‘s absolutely necessary

Also you‘re gonna look a whole lot better during prep and yes I was talking about the whole prep not just the weeks far out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesLI View Post
    How so? @Genetikk once said/did this iirc, cut on a gram, or he used a lot of mast maybe, and said it may or did have fat burning affects at higher doses (beyond the cosmetic affect).
    Reading yes that dht can act directly on fat, is it worth it? As opposed to Clen etc?
    Obviously higher doses I'm sure increase metabolism etc so that helps indirectly too.
    Androgen receptors regulate inhibition adipogenesis making it more difficult to create new fat cells, and increases lipolysis, effectively making the utilisation of lipids for energy far easier for the body. High test definitely has a modest fat burning effect going by what I've seen in my own body composition on and off hormones with same diet and training.
    Last edited by Mirinkunt?; 2018-02-18 at 12:13 AM.

Assistant Sous Jason Chef gainzmaster5000's Avatar
    Weight
    part time hindenburg part time dickskin
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    don't buy into anyone claiming that test e will give you water retention, that is bullshit within the context of the situation. If youre cutting with the goal of getting lean, the water being held is within the fat cells, so water retention caused by that is irrelevant, as eventually you will not have any fat to the water to be held in (if you're cutting correctly) and even then, if you're dailing in for a show, any minor water retention that may be present from the longer ester test will be eliminated by a diuretic. test prop is a waste of time unless you're bridging it for the kick in time of test e.

most orals used are for the dry and hardness look they give, winny, var (never use var waste of time and money), tbol, etc.

i cut on a cruise of like 185mg and 50mg tbol and looked pretty fucking good.
    Competed as a shit natty crew

PISSBRAH fan club!

BLOAT CREW

20 year old FREAK