Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Fucking lol at anyone who says do 5 reps for strength

Shit is legit insane. How and why did anyone ever advocate this?
    There is no fucking reason to EVER go over 3 reps if your goal is strength.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD View Post
    I banned @autistic warrior for spamming longcats all over the place and he had so much fun in banned camp I almost had to unban to get the point across.

Srs. This place was in a rage over his ban and he was in there having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by autistic warrior View Post
    God damn this Nigga lookin hungry as fuck he needa come up on some mcdonalds real soon or roast that dog an eat it
    *Street fighting crew*

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    What is the point of strength?

#teamwhiteboys He who shall not be named's Avatar
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    531 is godmode along with his son put on this earth to die for our sins, 3x3
    "Paranoidbrah I'm sorry but Chad's cock is too good. It hits all my sweet spots just right. Ah, i'm cumming again!"

"You may have taken my first but I can never go back to your average penis again, I'm addicted to this cock, oohh cumming!"

"But it's okay, you can still jerk off to me fucking Chad anyday you like. We'll all be together again. Just like the Olive garden days....aaaHH cumming cumming!"

"Paranoidbrah-kun, do you want to kiss me? I have Chad's cum all over my mouth too."

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by He who shall not be named View Post
    Pyramid daily maxing is even more legit imo tbh nglll

Weight
    bloatmaxxed
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Eh. George leeman built a 900 lb Deadlift using 20 rep sets tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by He who shall not be named View Post
    5/3/1 has you doing plus sets. The first few weeks you start off at like 70 percent or less and do an amrap which means hella reps.
    all posts are fictional and for education

Slavic Strength Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonblahadisciple View Post
    i theorize my paranoid schizophrenia was caused by trenbolone deficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatlow_Ren View Post
    O incel of Babylon, who art to be on roids; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast injected us.

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injectatron View Post
    It's just something that I care about. I want to be the strongest I can be, go the furthest I can.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    It's just something that I care about. I want to be the strongest I can be, go the furthest I can.
    Ah Ok good goal TBH.

Why is a 1 rep Max better than a 5 rep Max tho?

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian View Post
    Eh. George leeman built a 900 lb Deadlift using 20 rep sets tbh.

5/3/1 has you doing plus sets. The first few weeks you start off at like 70 percent or less and do an amrap which means hella reps.
    this thread was mostly just a semi-shitpost since I enjoy daily maxing.
    Also, been doing a lot of research on soviet era training, and it seems like they rarely if ever touched rep ranges above 2-3

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Ah Ok good goal TBH.

Why is a 1 rep Max better than a 5 rep Max tho?
    I'm just chitposting mayne, but imo, 1 rep max is dedicating all of ur energy into one last ditch effort, which seems pretty cool. 5RMs are still ok tho

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm just chitposting mayne, but imo, 1 rep max is dedicating all of ur energy into one last ditch effort, which seems pretty cool. 5RMs are still ok tho
    I just started doing deadlifts brah. How should i progress & how often should I do them?? Noob at strength training. Wanna mog hard

Weight
    bloatmaxxed
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    this thread was mostly just a semi-shitpost since I enjoy daily maxing.
    Also, been doing a lot of research on soviet era training, and it seems like they rarely if ever touched rep ranges above 2-3
    Yeah I'm aware. I've looked @ Sheiko block type style training mostly. Shit is boring af but it gives you a lot of practice and makes you extremely efficient at the lifts. I prefer the American power building style because you're building yourself to be bigger and thus stronger in a well rounded way not just to Squat Bench dead and gives you a chance to do some other lifts you enjoy at the gym. That's just me tho.

Sheiko agreed that he could make better strength gains at the 90%+ range instead of shit loads of light trips etc because it's more specific but the injury risk wasn't worth it according to him btw.
    Last edited by Bulgarian; 2018-02-13 at 10:00 PM.
    all posts are fictional and for education

Slavic Strength Crew
    i theorize my paranoid schizophrenia was caused by trenbolone deficiency
    O incel of Babylon, who art to be on roids; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast injected us.

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I just started doing deadlifts brah. How should i progress & how often should I do them?? Noob at strength training. Wanna mog hard
    just depends on who u ask. I don't really even do deadlifts myself. A lot of ppl say that you should limit deadlifts as they are very taxing on the CNS, but I think a lot of that is bs. The body can handle a lot more than what ppl think. If you've never really even done strength training before, really just do a basic strength training template like the texas method/that kinda shit. You could try doing bulgarian style stuff too, but I don't feel comfortable giving out advice on that as I have just barely started trying it myself.
    I've seen templates that have you squat max and bench max monday and wednesday, then do all 3 big lifts on Friday, which some people say works. But I think it's good to just start with a basic template and find what you feel the most comfortable with.

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian View Post
    Yeah I'm aware. I've looked @ Sheiko block type style training mostly. Shit is boring af but it gives you a lot of practice and makes you extremely efficient at the lifts. I prefer the American power building style because you're building yourself to be bigger and thus stronger in a well rounded way not just to Squat Bench dead and gives you a chance to do some other lifts you enjoy at the gym. That's just me tho.

Sheiko agreed that he could make better strength gains at the 90%+ range instead of shit loads of light trips etc because it's more specific but the injury risk wasn't worth it according to him btw.
    I completely feel you on that. I do bodybuilding movements in my regimen occasionally(couldn't live without incline bench/and kroc rows lol), and typically when I do my daily squatting I have it set up similar to what john broz does with his athletes, pyramiding up to a daily max and then coming back down with some back off sets for some added volume, which I think gets the legs just fine, as I usually feel a pump in my legs afterwards.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    3-5 reps is goat

I usually move the weight up, for a new 3 rep max...and work that until it becomes my 5 rep max, and then move the weight up again to my new 3 rep max, and repeat. It works very well
    C A R L P O S T I N G crew

BloatMaxxer till I Die Abu Janoy Al-Blahino's Avatar
    Weight
    110 KG BloatMaxx Status
    Height
    183 CM
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    5 reps for strength and muscle growth. I want to be big too, not just strong

Natty pool boy slayer Tuggernuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    3 reps is good for routinely testing strength. Gotta do a fuckload of sets to hit decent volume if that's your working routine tho. More time efficient and less risk of injury to work in the 5-8 rep range imo.

Did smolov jr. for squat a while back and the very last week that requires you to do 10 sets of 3 with like 90% or some shit was ridiculously taxing, especially since you are already destroyed by the other sessions preceding it. Absolutely horrible, would not do again unless bloatmaxxed on gear and trying to prove something.
    Last edited by Tuggernuts; 2018-02-13 at 10:49 PM.
    canthal tilt...upturned nose... what? i do not hear you i am injecting trenbolone and lifting heavy weights
    ________##__F R E E ___L A T I N O__##________

Weight
    75kg
    Height
    174cm
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Some of us have lost all hope of ever getting laid so we just chase this void idea of being really strong.

For my biceps I started only doing 1-5 reps and they started to grow so quickly. I think I read or heard something that certain muscles(biceps being one of them) respond better to low repz
    ~Calisthenics Crew~
    No longer incel. All incel posts are fictional.

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuggernuts View Post
    3 reps is good for routinely testing strength. Gotta do a fuckload of sets to hit decent volume if that's your working routine tho. More time efficient and less risk of injury to work in the 5-8 rep range imo.

Did smolov jr. for squat a while back and the very last week that requires you to do 10 sets of 3 with like 90% or some shit was ridiculously taxing, especially since you are already destroyed by the other sessions preceding it. Absolutely horrible, would not do again unless bloatmaxxed on gear and trying to prove something.
    What I'm doing right now is essentially this:
    Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Snatch + snatch variation, back squat heavy single or double + back-off sets.

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday: Clean & jerk + C&J variation, back squat heavy single or double + back-off sets.

And for my squats, what I essentially do is pyramid as follows:

Take 85%of 1rm as a training max, base percentages on that.

65% of training max for 5
    70% for 5
    75 % for 5
    80% for 3
    85% for 3
    90% for 1
    95% for 1
    100% for 1
    Then I work up to singles from there if I feel good. If I PR, I call it a day and finish after that. Otherwise I do 90% of whatever the max I hit that day was for 2*2 and 85% for 2*3

It's not insanely taxing, gives good volume, and allows you to hit heavy weights.
    And I basically do it every day except sunday. Ironically, ny legs and joints feel very good so far, though I haven't been doing it for that long.

also after I do the main shit, I follow up with bodybuilding push/pull work deoending on the daym i try to keep it to around 1-2 compounds so as to get a pump, but also not trying to go balls 2 the wall
    Last edited by Squatlow_Ren; 2018-02-13 at 11:06 PM.

Weight
    185lbs
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incel_king518 View Post
    Some of us have lost all hope of ever getting laid so we just chase this void idea of being really strong.

For my biceps I started only doing 1-5 reps and they started to grow so quickly. I think I read or heard something that certain muscles(biceps being one of them) respond better to low repz
    how do you do 1-5 reps for biceps lol, sounds like an injury waiting to happen unless u mean llthat ur doing compound movements.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast