Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weight
    Height
    4'9
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)

Do you ever really know someone

Do you ever really know someone?

*Feels like life is the biggest scam going around. With everyone telling their story and the audience, us, the ones listening, we form an opinion based on what the story teller chooses to share.

Lets be truthful, it is a mirage, people will decide how they want you to feel and based on that they will only share details that are in line with their story. People are not neat and tidy, and just when you think you know someone they do something completely out of character. People end up getting outraged because their perfect neat and tidy life is untrue, this is probably why people will deny it and say things like "can't be true or they wouldn't do that".

Can you really blame people for giving you misguided information about themselves? Secrets are a big part of everyone, we all have them and most of us are terrified that our secrets may be shared. Like we have to know more about ourselves than other people. Sort of gives us a feeling of control "I'm the best judge of who the real me is, not you", but our secrets are not part of the real picture we show to the world and if ever shared, people will claim its a mistake. Not me at all.

I wonder if you could choose between meeting someone in person, or receiving a file on someone attached with debts / buying history, web browsing history, medical history, past relationships, travel history and work profile. Which one would you go for? Sure you can meet someone in person, but would you really get to know them? Of course they would tell you stuff but they would filter and select, selling a story that they think you want to hear. You would build a picture that you think is true.

Weight
    Bloatcutting
    Height
    5'11
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

*Feels like life is the biggest scam going around. With everyone telling their story and the audience, us, the ones listening, we form an opinion based on what the story teller chooses to share.

Lets be truthful, it is a mirage, people will decide how they want you to feel and based on that they will only share details that are in line with their story. People are not neat and tidy, and just when you think you know someone they do something completely out of character. People end up getting outraged because their perfect neat and tidy life is untrue, this is probably why people will deny it and say things like "can't be true or they wouldn't do that".

Can you really blame people for giving you misguided information about themselves? Secrets are a big part of everyone, we all have them and most of us are terrified that our secrets may be shared. Like we have to know more about ourselves than other people. Sort of gives us a feeling of control "I'm the best judge of who the real me is, not you", but our secrets are not part of the real picture we show to the world and if ever shared, people will claim its a mistake. Not me at all.

I wonder if you could choose between meeting someone in person, or receiving a file on someone attached with debts / buying history, web browsing history, medical history, past relationships, travel history and work profile. Which one would you go for? Sure you can meet someone in person, but would you really get to know them? Of course they would tell you stuff but they would filter and select, selling a story that they think you want to hear. You would build a picture that you think is true.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Send me pics of foxyroxy

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

Weight
    Height
    6'3"
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    it's true though

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Would quote ur avatar but posting from phone

Weight
    Height
    4'9
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Knight View Post
    it's true though
    Sometimes you just want to know the facts about someone. Not hear some over the top emotional response.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverLean View Post
    Would quote ur avatar but posting from phone
    Be quiet?

Shareef don't like it TheMightyAnus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    my best friend ended up being a psychopath and he was the friendliest guy ive ever met.

Weight
    Height
    4'9
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAnus View Post
    my best friend ended up being a psychopath and he was the friendliest guy ive ever met.
    Point proven. Some people are amazing actors.

What did your friend do?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Smh I don’t even fully know myself yet

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    This is what happens when you hang w tweakers

Unless you grew up around this stuff you’re going to end up being a victim

They’ll steal your wallet and help you look for it

In these crowds you’re either a sheep or a wolf
    Those are your choices

Weight
    Height
    4'9
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longNStrong View Post

Those are your choices
    Nothing to do with stealing ones wallet

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    In short yes, but I feel like it's more rare as an adult for me. I don't exactly have a mass amount of friend. People here may have picked up on this lol.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nothing to do with stealing ones wallet
    It’s a metaphor

I grew up around tweakers

You grew up sheltered

So your confusion is to be expected

This is just the beginning trust me it never stops

Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Send me pics of ur butthole
    Peckerwood

Bloatlord

Most alpha male on the forum

10/10 chad face

Chiseled physique

Weight
    Height
    4'9
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiefiend View Post
    In short yes, but I feel like it's more rare as an adult for me. I don't exactly have a mass amount of friend. People here may have picked up on this lol.
    Got to set the scene for the right reaction

Weight
    Athletics
    Height
    For life
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Those are your choices
    You cant hate them either, you just accept them for who they are and take precautions.

Or even better yet, just cut contact with them.
    Lifetime natty crew

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stahl View Post
    You cant hate them either, you just accept them for who they are and take precautions.

Or even better yet, just cut contact with them.
    Just have to distance yourself

I don’t talk w half my family, same w my wife and her family

They never change

Legit don’t care when people say they’re clean now etc I’ll tell them to
    Their face you’ll relapse so why bother

Drug addicts in recovery is a real joke tbh never seen it work ever once in my life

Weight
    Athletics
    Height
    For life
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I always try to assume the very worst of people and live by the art of war/book of five rings/Niccolò Machiavelli's writings when it comes to dealing with people.

Tbh i am more concienscious, disciplined, assertive in my intent and planning than 99% of people.

I try to be honest with myself, which in turn gives me anxiety over how much of a naive lazy arrogant prick, that anxiety/feeling of my guts being twisted in turn makes me force myself to study hard, read, read, read, reflect, block out the monkeybrain easier etc.

I get the feeling that i am rare though, most people have no clear path in anything, they live by chasing pleasure and running away from hardship, they dont even try to be honest with themselves.
    Lifetime natty crew

Weight
    Lusty
    Height
    6'3
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Just have to distance yourself

I don’t talk w half my family, same w my wife and her family

They never change

Legit don’t care when people say they’re clean now etc I’ll tell them to
    Their face you’ll relapse so why bother

Drug addicts in recovery is a real joke tbh never seen it work ever once in my life

You were never addicted?
    -=FITMISC CHESS CHAMPION=-
    Mayor of Dabcity -=-8 years high without coming down, 8 weeks working out in gym with broken hand and 10x bigger than YOU
    35% native American 100% Irish, 25% German
    2 pec tears 1 surgery, 2 slipped discs, torn scapula, wrist vascular bone graft nonunion
    Cardioboii 20 min elliptical 4x a week > lifting
    “Thus the expert in battle moves the enemy, and is not moved by him.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast