Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to decrease high blood pressure from diet & nutrition

How to manage cholesterol and high blood pressure through diet and nutrition. Which type of food should we need to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by studyabroadlife View Post
    How to manage cholesterol and high blood pressure through diet and nutrition. Which type of food should we need to do?
    Pescetarianism

Height
    5’1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I mean a low inflamattion diet, support supps (google some), Apple cider vinegar. I’ll think of more. Or just deal with it for the 12-16 weeks and bloat max
    “Just wait til I cut brah!”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    use less salt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lipids: monitor fat intake (trans/saturated especially). opt for lean cuts of meat. dont eat all the yolks of the eggs. cardio/exercise. add more fish (ie: wild caught salmon). eat good fats like avocado, almonds, use olive oil and ask yourself if you're eating too much dairy product.

Blood pressure: monitor sodium intake. cardio/exercise. ease off caffeine. make sure you measure your readings in a relaxed environment (ie: before bedtime in a quiet room).

Assistant Sous Jason Chef gainzmaster5000's Avatar
    Weight
    part time hindenburg part time dickskin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    contrary to what dbol burgers says, sugar has a much more significant influence of cholesterol level than fats do. i encourage essential fatty acid intake (omega 3 & fish oil) as well as a good monounsaturated (mac oil, avocado and olive oil). fiber will also reduce cholestrol in correct amounts try 15 g psyllium a day.

blood pressure, a supplement called carditone will literally take whatever you BP is unless a chronic illness to normal i can tag people to vouch if you don't believe. Also salt doesnt really do much, in fact is leads to optimal performance, i wouldn't restrict it, many people who train hard often lack sodium due to sweating. excessive carb intake can cause a bloat which'll really up the BP.
    Last edited by gainzmaster5000; 2018-06-13 at 06:11 AM.
    Competed as a shit natty crew

PISSBRAH fan club!

BLOAT CREW

20 year old FREAK

Senior Member Special Agent Blaha's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Salt is only an issue if you don't have enough calcium, magnesium, and/or potassium.

Look at the Vertical Diet, it calls for a absolute fuckton of salt, but also has enough C/M/P to balance it out, and pretty much everyone using it has normal blood pressure. A ton of people are actually drastically increasing their salt from what was in their previous diet, and still lowering their blood pressure.

Also if you work out a lot then the last thing you want to do is have a low sodium diet.
    Last edited by Special Agent Blaha; 2018-06-13 at 10:20 AM.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

Height
    5"11 or 180cm
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I mean for cholesterol stay away from animal products and use flax seeds in ur diet
    For bp try using less salt and more potassium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by studyabroadlife View Post
    How much do you weigh? If you're at a healthy weight and you have high cholesterol and high blood pressure, you'll need to dial in your food selections (fiberous foods are good for lowering cholesterol, avoiding sugar is good for both), but if you are overweight, your food selection won't matter as much as just losing weight. So eat whatever diet you choose that you can stick to that will result in you losing weight. I lost 30lbs and my blood pressure went from pre-hypertension to perfect, good cholesterol went way up, bad cholesterol came way down, total cholesterol normalized and triglycerides dropped like a rock.

Ate mostly high protein, low carb, but was not on a "low carb" diet. Many days probably ate over 100gs of carbs, just always kept my calories in check for 2lb a week weight loss.

Weight
    Height
    5/10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This came straight from Stan Efferding.. before doing all this, without lisinopril my blood pressure was about 160/100z. 3 months later with no lisinopril following the vertical diet and doing EVERYTHING on this list I usually am at about 125/75. And yes i use a CPAP.

High Blood Pressure To-Do List:
    - Sleep Apnea? (Get a CPAP ASAP)
    - Low Thyroid - Take iodine (Pure Cranberry Juice 4oz 2x/day)
    - Low calcium - Supplement Vit D3 to improve calcium absorption. For calcium, Eat dairy (Greek yogurt, Cheddar cheese, milk) or supplement egg shell powder with meals.
    - Low potassium. (Add oranges and daily potato).
    - Low magnesium. (Eat 1 Cup spinach daily and 10 soaked almonds).
    - Eat a few baby carrots 2-3x a day.