Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Are you happy with your life?

What keeps you going? If not, do you think it will ever get better?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    no

but im accepting shit more and more

no amount of money or sex/achievement will ever make me normal

nothing has changed since I was a stereotypical loser to how I am now, except I have more materialistic possessions

I've been a freak all my life

there's a "conventional freak" then there's just a legit freak/oddball

im that.

many people tell me im the most strangest person they've ever met never seen someone like me

pretty sure im autistic never been diagnosed

born to genius parents but family history riddled with mental illness

ive always been extremely good at the things I pursue in life

but in the end does it really matter if I have no one to share it with, people know the only reason I'm good at said things is just because I spend 8+ hours a day obsessing over it everyday cuz I'm weird

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoightHyuh View Post
    no

but im accepting shit more and more

no amount of money or sex/achievement will ever make me normal

nothing has changed since I was a stereotypical loser to how I am now, except I have more materialistic possessions

I've been a freak all my life

there's a "conventional freak" then there's just a legit freak/oddball

im that.

many people tell me im the most strangest person they've ever met never seen someone like me

pretty sure im autistic never been diagnosed

born to genius parents but family history riddled with mental illness

ive always been extremely good at the things I pursue in life

but in the end does it really matter if I have no one to share it with, people know the only reason I'm good at said things is just because I spend 8+ hours a day obsessing over it everyday cuz I'm weird
    You should switch your perspective and see all those things as a blessing. Just try and find one reason that each thing you hate about yourself is a blessing. Also, you can learn social skills, human dynamics, etc. It?s good that you realize money/sex/etc isn?t the end goal. You gotta get out of that story you?re telling yourself if you ever wanna change it man. It?s holding you back because you?re reinforcing it with the way you think act and perceive things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You should switch your perspective and see all those things as a blessing. Just try and find one reason that each thing you hate about yourself is a blessing. Also, you can learn social skills, human dynamics, etc. It?s good that you realize money/sex/etc isn?t the end goal. You gotta get out of that story you?re telling yourself if you ever wanna change it man. It?s holding you back because you?re reinforcing it with the way you think act and perceive things
    its different

ive tried all my life

ill never change

you cant have everything

I was blessed very well physically

just not mentally

how you are and what you become is determined by your genetics and your early childhood experiences

after a certain point its set in stone how you will be

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoightHyuh View Post
    its different

ive tried all my life

ill never change

you cant have everything

I was blessed very well physically

just not mentally

how you are and what you become is determined by your genetics and your early childhood experiences

after a certain point its set in stone how you will be
    What have you tried? And you can PM if you?re more private

& Disagree completely. Large part of yourself is malleable. That belief you have is what will keep you trapped if you let it

Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Yes and no

Obviously there’s no simple answer if we’re being honest

But that’s a good thing

Senior Member DanielVodkaUniLad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would typically expect very lucky westerners who have everything they could ever need (except maybe the latest iphone) to provide a negative answer because Westerners, especially Americans, are the kings of whining and complaining about life. Severely lacking perspective or a general appreciation for life.

This thread is already delivering some of that

Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielVodkaUniLad View Post
    I would typically expect very lucky westerners who have everything they could ever need (except maybe the latest iphone) to provide a negative answer because Westerners, especially Americans, are the kings of whining and complaining about life. Severely lacking perspective or a general appreciation for life.

This thread is already delivering some of that
    I know eu schools are poor at best but I’m sure you’ve heard of maslows hierarchy of needs

—> our lives are just better = you’re bitter

Weight
    You're gay for asking
    Height
    3 inches. Hard
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm happy I have a good job and dont have to worry about money. I mean I'm not some homeless piece of shit so that's good. I'm happy I can pursue hobbies that make me happy and bring me some personal satisfaction. Not really happy with relationship choices and some other bad choices I've made but it could be way worse. I never landed in prison or had a life changing shitstorm so overall, yes I'm pretty happy for now.

Now that I've said that, most people arent happy with life. They have unrealistic expectations based mostly on what they read and hear from the media. Every woman thinks they should be treated like a princess and be swept off their feet by prince charming. Anything else is suicide inducing. Men seem to think every woman on the planet should give up all holes on demand whenever they want it from whoever they want it from. Anything else and they wanna hang themself because they're the only one not swimming in pussy. I blame Jersey Shore and the Kardashians

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longNStrong View Post
    I know eu schools are poor at best but I’m sure you’ve heard of maslows hierarchy of needs

—> our lives are just better = you’re bitter
    No I am not bitter. I wish every American success in their lives and respect culturally they are different. I am just amazed at the amount of whining and brat type behaviour coming

I struggle to believe that your lives are better when you spent so much time being depressed and complaining and taking drugs etc. Although I really hope in reality its true, I just dont see it from what Americans are constantly saying

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I'm happy I have a good job and dont have to worry about money. I mean I'm not some homeless piece of shit so that's good. I'm happy I can pursue hobbies that make me happy and bring me some personal satisfaction. Not really happy with relationship choices and some other bad choices I've made but it could be way worse. I never landed in prison or had a life changing shitstorm so overall, yes I'm pretty happy for now.

Now that I've said that, most people arent happy with life. They have unrealistic expectations based mostly on what they read and hear from the media. Every woman thinks they should be treated like a princess and be swept off their feet by prince charming. Anything else is suicide inducing. Men seem to think every woman on the planet should give up all holes on demand whenever they want it from whoever they want it from. Anything else and they wanna hang themself because they're the only one not swimming in pussy. I blame Jersey Shore and the Kardashians
    this guy is saying what I am saying in a nicer way. Americans think their lives are like hollywood movies or TV shows I think

good for you Jack that your life is good and you see things well and clear

Weight
    You're gay for asking
    Height
    3 inches. Hard
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielVodkaUniLad View Post
    this guy is saying what I am saying in a nicer way. Americans think their lives are like hollywood movies or TV shows I think

good for you Jack that your life is good and you see things well and clear
    We live in a victim culture in the states. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions and choices. They just blame everyone else for their problems and whine hoping everything gets handed to them. The more urban culture spreads the worse it gets. Even hick town Wisconsin is becoming unbearable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly only thing missing is a girl atm, dream girl and everything I have right now would be great

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    What keeps you going? If not, do you think it will ever get better?
    No. I’m trying to change a few things now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    I get to eat food and jack off every night. What's not to like.

Senior Member The Great Blahino's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverbackAction View Post
    I get to eat food and jack off every night. What's not to like.
    Agree with this sentiment. Used to be more focused what I didn't have, then I went to see real poverty, not to mention smelled it. Been pretty much content and happy ever since. I work a bit, then mostly do whatever I want, and go where I want to go. Life is pretty awesome.

Being content and happy also gives me the energy to keep improving myself. Because why not?