Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Roman Catholic. He who shall not be named's Avatar
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu View Post
    1 Timothy 6:16,: "who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."
    Paul wrote this btw and you're taking it out of context, prior verses:

13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
    "Paranoidbrah I'm sorry but Chad's cock is too good. It hits all my sweet spots just right. Ah, i'm cumming again!"

"You may have taken my first but I can never go back to your average penis again, I'm addicted to this cock, oohh cumming!"

"But it's okay, you can still jerk off to me fucking Chad anyday you like. We'll all be together again. Just like the Olive garden days....aaaHH cumming cumming!"

"Paranoidbrah-kun, do you want to kiss me? I have Chad's cum all over my mouth too."

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by He who shall not be named View Post
    @stfu

1. Isaiah and Micah prophesied during Hezekiah's reign as a ruler- so they obviously weren't referring to him or his coming. Micah prophesied the Messiah Jesus would be born in Bethlehem (He was)

2. Muslims don't believe in original sin or the purpose of the Crucifixion, no understanding of John 3:16 - no concept of God's grace.

This is the main plotline of Genesis, that we were kicked out of the garden of eden after being misled by the serpent and man having a sin nature.

Also, who are you to question what God decides is just and unjust? We're so beneath and below him.

3. Jesus fulfilled the law in that the law is now manifestly not the path to righteousness - Christ is. The ultimate goal of the law is that we would look to Christ, not law-keeping but for our righteousness.

This is why we don't do animal sacrifice. He was the final, unrepeatable sacrifice for sins.

Hebrews 9:12
    Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

4. The Messiah being divine was prophesied in Isaiah and Micah. 'Hezekiah' is NOT divine. Jesus proclaimed his divinity - and if you deny the son you deny the father as stated by Jesus. If you deny him then you also deny Moses for Jesus is who he wrote about.

5. Well you can even view it through a Jewish lens, Messiah meaning 'anointed' or 'savior'. Jesus is both.

"The Greek translation of Messiah is khristos (χριστός), anglicized as Christ, and Christians commonly refer to Jesus as either the "Christ" or the "Messiah". Christians believe that messianic prophecies were fulfilled in the mission, death, and resurrection of Jesus and that he will return to fulfill the rest of messianic prophecies."
    1. Isaiah and Micah prophesied during Hezekiah's reign as a ruler- so they obviously weren't referring to him or his coming. Micah prophesied the Messiah Jesus would be born in Bethlehem (He was)
    It wasn't a future prophesy, that's the entire point. It was a verse about what has already happened.

Also, who are you to question what God decides is just and unjust? We're so beneath and below him.
    I'm not questioning anything God does. I'm using bibles own standard for just and unjust.

Ezekiel 18:20
    he one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share
    the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked
    will be charged against them.

The Messiah being divine was prophesied in Isaiah and Micah. 'Hezekiah' is NOT divine. Jesus proclaimed his
    divinity - and if you deny the son you deny the father as stated by Jesus. If you deny him then you also deny Moses for
    Jesus is who he wrote about.

5. Well you can even view it through a Jewish lens, Messiah meaning 'anointed' or 'savior'. Jesus is both.
    Nah, messiah was never supposed to be God

Every prophet is ultimately anointed by God to call people to the right path and anyone who follows the teachings
    of those prophets is saved. Simple

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Paul wrote this btw and you're taking it out of context, prior verses:

13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
    What am I taking out of context?

Did jesus not die according to the christian belief? (thus he's not immortal).
    Didn't people see Jesus?

Thus, Jesus can't be God according to this passage

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    1 Timothy 6:16,: "who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."
    yeah, because im going to "learn about the bible" from some 19 year old muslim punk who is indiscreetly trying to subvert the bible and discredit it, instead of learning about the bible from an actual pastor that studied the bible and went to school for it

Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    It wasn't a future prophesy, that's the entire point. It was a verse about what has already happened.
    You can have that interpretation I guess but in the same book of Isaiah another verse reveals him prophesying Jesus in Isaiah 7:14

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Then confirmed in Matthew 1: 22-23

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

I'm not questioning anything God does. I'm using bibles own standard for just and unjust.

Ezekiel 18:20
    he one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share
    the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked
    will be charged against them.
    You have a habit of taking 1 verse without context and understanding and then using it without getting the full picture. Ezekiel confronted the idea believed by jews that the reason why they were in their circumstances in captivity, it had to do with the sins of the previous generation. This is a reoccuring theme that you will find throughout the Old Testament.

In Ezekiel the jews believed they did nothing wrong. They didn?t feel guilty about anything, and so denied any responsibility for the judgment they were experiencing. As far as they were concerned, they were innocent.

The whole entire point of Ezekiel is him telling the Jews they're fucking up and nobody listening because they're doing weird pagan baal/moloch worship and then Ezekiel getting a vision of God leaving the temple.

Nah, messiah was never supposed to be God
    Well Scripture and Jesus tells us of his divinity.

Every prophet is ultimately anointed by God to call people to the right path and anyone who follows the teachings
    of those prophets is saved. Simple
    I don't think I was arguing against this? The whole point of Jesus was his divinity and leading us towards the right path.

I know Muslims like to pick and choose verses from the bible but what about the clear as day depiction of Jesus' 2nd coming in the Book of Revelation?

Revelation 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    "Paranoidbrah I'm sorry but Chad's cock is too good. It hits all my sweet spots just right. Ah, i'm cumming again!"

"You may have taken my first but I can never go back to your average penis again, I'm addicted to this cock, oohh cumming!"

"But it's okay, you can still jerk off to me fucking Chad anyday you like. We'll all be together again. Just like the Olive garden days....aaaHH cumming cumming!"

"Paranoidbrah-kun, do you want to kiss me? I have Chad's cum all over my mouth too."

Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    What am I taking out of context?

Did jesus not die according to the christian belief? (thus he's not immortal).
    Didn't people see Jesus?

Thus, Jesus can't be God according to this passage
    So do mortals die and come back to life?

Lol my man you're really overthinking this.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    So do mortals die and come back to life?

Lol my man you're really overthinking this.
    Immortal means never dying.

resurrection applies to the one who has died (thus jesus wasn't immortal according to christian theology).

Besides, didn't lazarus come back from the dead? was lazarus immortal?
    Won't all of us come back to life on the day of judgement? are we immortal?

The answer is no. Only God is immortal and never dies.
    Last edited by stfu; 2019-09-16 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    You can have that interpretation I guess but in the same book of Isaiah another verse reveals him prophesying Jesus in Isaiah 7:14

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Then confirmed in Matthew 1: 22-23

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

You have a habit of taking 1 verse without context and understanding and then using it without getting the full picture. Ezekiel confronted the idea believed by jews that the reason why they were in their circumstances in captivity, it had to do with the sins of the previous generation. This is a reoccuring theme that you will find throughout the Old Testament.

In Ezekiel the jews believed they did nothing wrong. They didn?t feel guilty about anything, and so denied any responsibility for the judgment they were experiencing. As far as they were concerned, they were innocent.

The whole entire point of Ezekiel is him telling the Jews they're fucking up and nobody listening because they're doing weird pagan baal/moloch worship and then Ezekiel getting a vision of God leaving the temple.

Well Scripture and Jesus tells us of his divinity.

I don't think I was arguing against this? The whole point of Jesus was his divinity and leading us towards the right path.

I know Muslims like to pick and choose verses from the bible but what about the clear as day depiction of Jesus' 2nd coming in the Book of Revelation?

Revelation 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    My interpretation of Ezekiel is correct because Ezekiel 18 is a very clear passage to understand.

I suggest you read it. The one verse I usually post summarizes the whole passage quite well

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Why didn't god get bored on the 8th day and forget about us?

Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    My interpretation of Ezekiel is correct because Ezekiel 18 is a very clear passage to understand.

I suggest you read it. The one verse I usually post summarizes the whole passage quite well
    How is your interpretation of Ezekiel correct again? I have read it, and in the context he said those things make perfect sense.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    How is your interpretation of Ezekiel correct again? I have read it, and in the context he said those things make perfect sense.
    The Ezekiel verse I've used is Ezekiel 18:20, the context is in the entire 18th passage of Ezekiel.
    I'll post the entire 18 passage here so you can read it (I know it's a long passage but if you want
    the context you need to read the entire passage).

Basically God told people to not use the proverb The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
    and the children's teeth are set on edge?

Meaning it was not right to blame children for their fathers sin.
    This passage clearly shows that a persons own deeds will be credited to them
    and no one is to be blamed for anyone else' sin

Entire passage below:

Ezekiel 18 King James Version (KJV)
    18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,

2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?

3 As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.

4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,

6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,

7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;

8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,

9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.

10 If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things,

11 And that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbour's wife,

12 Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination,

13 Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him.

14 Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father's sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like,

15 That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife,

16 Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,

17 That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.

18 As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.

19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    No point in arguing with that retard who doesn’t understand how Jesus can be God...

But he’ll defend to the grave how it makes sense that some dude split the moon in half or some shit

Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    @stfu

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    @stfu

[video=youtube;VvAGIOhlj8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvAGIOhlj8c[/vieo]
    This passage isn't talking about civil magistrate, the video is wrong in saying this.
    This passage is talking about God judging people according to their own deeds.

Ezekiel 18:30
    Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the
    Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

As for Isaiah 53, it's open to interpretion. Some consider the suffering servant to be the
    nation of israel who suffered by the hands of gentiles in the past. Gentiles commiting sin and
    punishing the nation of israel. Jewish interpretaion of this is that it's gentiles speaking in this
    verse talking about how the nation of israel suffered because of their sin (persecuting nation of israel).

Anyway, we were discussing about Ezekiel 18 right now so I think if you read it you'll already
    know it was about God' judgement not people judging others in a civil court etc

If anything, these conflicting verses just points out that there are contradictions in the bible.
    One verse says no, no one is to be blamed for others sin, then supposedly other verses say one
    can be blamed for others sin.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBRP View Post
    No point in arguing with that retard who doesn?t understand how Jesus can be God...

But he?ll defend to the grave how it makes sense that some dude split the moon in half or some shit
    No one is arguing. We're having a civil discussion.
    If I felt like it's an argument or chit talking contest then i wouldn't be seriously talking about this
    topic.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    No one is arguing. We're having a civil discussion.
    If I felt like it's an argument or chit talking contest then i wouldn't be seriously talking about this
    topic.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBRP View Post
    You know exactly what I meant. Argue has a negative connotation these days which points to a hostile
    way of presenting ones views. Which we aren't doing. We aren't being argumentative or aggressive.

You are always triggered when talking about this topic so I don't engage with you on these things. HWSNBN
    isn't like you

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    You know exactly what I meant. Argue has a negative connotation these days which points to a hostile
    way of presenting ones views. Which we aren't doing. We aren't being argumentative or aggressive.

You are always triggered when talking about this topic so I don't engage with you on these things. HWSNBN
    isn't like you
    You?re literally trying to discredit Jesus and the Holy Trinity.

Because you hate Jesus and Christianity because you?re a muslim

Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    If anything, these conflicting verses just points out that there are contradictions in the bible.
    One verse says no, no one is to be blamed for others sin, then supposedly other verses say one
    can be blamed for others sin.
    Well this is why Catholics don't believe in fundamentalism. You can still have that interpretation. The Bible is inspired by God, but does not view God as the direct author of the Bible, in the sense that he does not put a 'ready-made' book in the mind of the inspired person.

Ezekiel describing the Angel earlier is like pulling teeth or simply a primitive man who is unable to comprehend what he's seen. The book of revelations is incredibly cryptic in this manner but incredibly clear in others.

Original sin, or sin nature refers to man's imperfection. Man is not perfect and all we can do is believe in Jesus and his teachings and ask for forgiveness and repent.

This is why Hell is reserved for unrepentant sinners and other people or beings God decides to send there.

I'd advise you either read or look at a "red letter bible", basically everything Jesus said is highlighted in red and you can gradually go there. If you want to point out contradictions on a literary level in the bible, you'll find them - I find them as well.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Well this is why Catholics don't believe in fundamentalism. You can still have that interpretation. The Bible is inspired by God, but does not view God as the direct author of the Bible, in the sense that he does not put a 'ready-made' book in the mind of the inspired person.

Ezekiel describing the Angel earlier is like pulling teeth or simply a primitive man who is unable to comprehend what he's seen. The book of revelations is incredibly cryptic in this manner but incredibly clear in others.

Original sin, or sin nature refers to man's imperfection. Man is not perfect and all we can do is believe in Jesus and his teachings and ask for forgiveness and repent.

This is why Hell is reserved for unrepentant sinners and other people or beings God decides to send there.

I'd advise you either read or look at a "red letter bible", basically everything Jesus said is highlighted in red and you can gradually go there. If you want to point out contradictions on a literary level in the bible, you'll find them - I find them as well.
    I 100% agree with the bold part

Will be reading the red letter bible. I've only read Jesus' words from a regular bible which includes alot
    of stuff other than what jesus said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast