Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)

Realised I can't squat for shit without a belt on today

Was warming up with 3 plates. I usually use a belt past 2 plates but was feeling kinda lazy to put it on and 3 plates is fucking easy anyway so I said fuck it

And it felt weird af. Not as in I couldn't lift the weight but I was struggling to keep my core tight

Then I put 4 plates on, put my belt on and squatted normally, no problems there. Actually felt pretty good so I even did 4 plates and a quarter after my regular 3 working sets

Not good mayne gotta work my lower back more

Regular deadlifts are out of the question due to prior lower back issues but I did do some weighted hypers and RDLs up to 2 plates at the very end of the session, gonna start doing them every week now maybe it'll help me squat more too

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banenetikk View Post
    Was warming up with 3 plates. I usually use a belt past 2 plates but was feeling kinda lazy to put it on and 3 plates is fucking easy anyway so I said fuck it

And it felt weird af. Not as in I couldn't lift the weight but I was struggling to keep my core tight

Then I put 4 plates on, put my belt on and squatted normally, no problems there. Actually felt pretty good so I even did 4 plates and a quarter after my regular 3 working sets

Not good mayne gotta work my lower back more

Regular deadlifts are out of the question due to prior lower back issues but I did do some weighted hypers and RDLs up to 2 plates at the very end of the session, gonna start doing them every week now maybe it'll help me squat more too
    why does every bodybuilder supposedly have a fucked up back and can't squat/deadlift or both?

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by autismos View Post
    why does every bodybuilder supposedly have a fucked up back and can't squat/deadlift or both?
    Almost everybody who s actually lifted seriously for a while has had some sort of injury at some point in time, that's just part of the game

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Almost everybody who s actually lifted seriously for a while has had some sort of injury at some point in time, that's just part of the game
    yeah but I bounce back quickly and never had major injuries

there's pro lifters who don't get major injuries it's usually something minor like muscle strains small tweaks etc.

think it's cause bodybuilders use bad form(not all) and lots of isolation movements

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    why are you even squatting
    whats the point

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    yeah but I bounce back quickly and never had major injuries

there's pro lifters who don't get major injuries it's usually something minor like muscle strains small tweaks etc.

think it's cause bodybuilders use bad form(not all) and lots of isolation movements
    There s two type of injuries:

-injuries due to bad form/using too much weight, ego lifting etc. Think Poniboi for example

-wear and tear injuries. From doing too many exercises, sets too often etc without letting the muscle/tendons recover before you hammer it again. These type of injuries can happen anytime you don't need to go heavy at all. Matter fact most of the time they happen during warm up sets

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by housemang View Post
    why are you even squatting
    whats the point
    Purely for ego tbh

I wanna remind these wannabe powerlifters in my gym who s the boss around here

Back in the day I used to walk in and throw 3 plates on the bench and do 10 straight reps like nothing while they struggled to do 2-3 reps with 275-295lbs. Hell I even threw 4 fucking plates on and pressed that shit

Wanna do the same with squats now lol. I ve only beem doing them for a little over a month now but I believe I ll get up to 5 plates soon enough

Imagine lifting for years with the goal to get stronger while some roidcel comes in and outlifts you in like 2-3 months
    Last edited by Banenetikk; 2019-12-01 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Purely for ego tbh

I wanna remind these wannabe powerlifters in my gym who s the boss around here

Back in the day I used to walk in and throw 3 plates on the bench and do 10 straight reps like nothing while they struggled to do 2-3 reps with 275-295lbs. Hell I even threw 4 fucking plates on and pressed that shit

Wanna do the same with squats now lol. I ve only beem doing them for a little over a month now but I believe I ll get up to 5 plates soon enough

Imagine lifting for years with the goal to get stronger while some roidcel comes in and outlifts you in like 2-3 months
    i respect it
    5 plates would be freaky

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    There s two type of injuries:

-injuries due to bad form/using too much weight, ego lifting etc. Think Poniboi for example

-wear and tear injuries. From doing too many exercises, sets too often etc without letting the muscle/tendons recover before you hammer it again. These type of injuries can happen anytime you don't need to go heavy at all. Matter fact most of the time they happen during warm up sets
    your not even in your mid 30's

wear and tear isn't really a thing up until that age unless your doing retarded high volume isolation movements

lots of people who don't lift in my family are getting hip/knee replacements but they're retirement age

suppose I'll need a new hip at 50 from squatting 3x a week

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    your not even in your mid 30's

wear and tear isn't really a thing up until that age unless your doing retarded high volume isolation movements

lots of people who don't lift in my family are getting hip/knee replacements but they're retirement age

suppose I'll need a new hip at 50 from squatting 3x a week
    I do/did retardedly high volume

Take a look at my old training logs from 16-17

Everybody thought I was trolling cause I would do like 10 sets of bench almost daily

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    I do/did retardedly high volume

Take a look at my old training logs from 16-17

Everybody thought I was trolling cause I would do like 10 sets of bench almost daily
    yep I knew it

you don't get injured from moderate volume compound movements with good form

unless your taking an AI which will give you glass joints if you take too much(most do)

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    yep I knew it

you don't get injured from moderate volume compound movements with good form

unless your taking an AI which will give you glass joints if you take too much(most do)
    Why do you keep saying compound movents as if they were somehow risk free?

No if anything there s where people get injured the most. Ever heard lf anybody who got injured doing leg curls or reverse pec deck? Me neither, it's always some shit like bench press or deadlifts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    As I always said you're a shit fucking lifter
    You'd be nothing without your steroids gayboi
    Last edited by Dragonmaster; 2019-12-01 at 06:49 PM.

Weight
    Height
    6?1
    Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    All my injuries were wear and tear related

I’ve said I made a mistake lifting too heavy a weight but my form is good when I squat and deadlift.

So yeah, @BANEnentik my injuries werent ego related unlike you.

Mentioned
    1218 Post(s)
    Steroid drug addiction makes them injury prone

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thesavagestallion View Post
    All my injuries were wear and tear related

I’ve said I made a mistake lifting too heavy a weight but my form is good when I squat and deadlift.

So yeah, @BANEnentik my injuries werent ego related unlike you.
    We ve seen your squat videos dude get the fuck out of here with that my form is good bullshit

That 405 had you pushing your hips back and leaning forward like crazy. That's what happens when your legs aren't strong enough and you have to compensate by using your lower back

Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBRP View Post
    Steroid drug addiction makes them injury prone
    This. Fucking lol at OP thinking he can fool us with the old "I work so hard dats why im injured"

Weight
    Height
    6?1
    Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    We ve seen your squat videos dude get the fuck out of here with that my form is good bullshit

That 405 had you pushing your hips back and leaning forward like crazy. That's what happens when your legs aren't strong enough and you have to compensate by using your lower back
    My form wasn?t bad.
    Obviously if I?m squatting with several years of not doing the lift max rep attempt at 405 won?t look easy.

Genetikk used a belt and had his spotter carry him in the lift and he did less than half the reps.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thesavagestallion View Post
    My form wasn?t bad.
    Obviously if I?m squatting with several years of not doing the lift max rep attempt at 405 won?t look easy.

Genetikk used a belt and had his spotter carry him in the lift and he did less than half the reps.
    1- excessive forward lean is not considered "good form" under any circumstances
    2 - you used a belt too in your video
    3 - you only got one more rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast