Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thoughts on someone brand new to lifting hopping on

I remember back in the day boomer steroid drug addicts used to say that new lifters hopping on was a good way to virtually guarantee serious injury. Basically that the joints etc. don't have enough time to adapt to the major muscle changes.

Now I read steroid drug addict forums where veteran users basically tell new lifters fuck it, hop on right away you'll be fine.

What do you think?

Just curious.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    You shouldn’t take them

This is a lame ass question

Senior Member DeathPonyNetikkMane123's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It doesn't matter. Roids work regardless. No idea why people are still parroting the same thing. There's been dudes on here that have gotten good results starting to lift when they started roids. Just don't get injured. Also don't crash your estro, and prog steroids help cushion the joints bc they hold water therr but might lead to side effects

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The biggest guy I know IRL is 25yo, hopped on roids in the first 6 months of training and is now a IFBB classic physique pro. Dude is like 6'3 275lbs off season.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 138 View Post
    The biggest guy I know IRL is 25yo, hopped on roids in the first 6 months of training and is now a IFBB classic physique pro. Dude is like 6'3 275lbs off season.
    Biggest dude i knew benched 550 or somth on 500mg test same height first year of lifting lol.. Got injured and Started shooting up dat China white now tho.

Ye genetics n roids matter just don't get injured

Weight
    Height
    6'0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fouad Abiad jumped on from day 1 as well

I'd personally wait until you can determine your level of dedication to the lifestyle. See how you commit to a gym routine and diet and if all goes well why not jump on gear. If you are that committed to lifting down the road your eventually gonna cross the path anyways

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lots of fellas start jabbing from the get-go, they usually last a couple years, make good progress then lose interest and stop lifting. The other guys obviously do well.

As for the injury thing, I don't think that's a very good deterrent because an untrained lifter has a higher risk of injury from other factors such as poor mobility, bad technique, shitty genetics, etc. You could argue steroids exacerbate those factors but eh, there are better reasons not to use steroids as a newbie.

In my opinion you should learn the basics of lifting and sort your shit out before starting steroids. Even though steroids are touted as a "quick fix" type of deal, they are still a long term commitment.
    Last edited by avodo; 2020-07-17 at 06:27 PM.

Senior Member Fire God Liu Kang's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    15-20 years on steroids and you will look like shit and fucked up regardless so whats the point

Senior Member Fire God Liu Kang's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Been lifting naturally for like 11 years

I will get that 765DL, 315 press and 160x10 DB bench among other lifts I care about before 15 years of lifting

I wont even be that old

So who cares about steroids, not going to make your life any better, quite the opposite

youll cope being the fraud that you are

Weight
    Height
    6'0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire God Liu Kang View Post
    So who cares about steroids, not going to make your life any better, quite the opposite
    Depends what your goals are. If you just want to go in the gym and get "strong" steroids aren't needed

But if you go to the gym to build muscle and look good (which I guarantee that is why 90% of males initially start weight lifting) then they are a game changer.

Since I hopped on I've gained more confidence, feel better, look better and definitely get more compliments than before I was natty.

Not saying everyone should be doing yolo doses and try to be the next mr olympia but just running a moderate amount of test and throwing in some other compounds once in a while isn't the end of the world and won't "ruin your life".

Better than going out and getting black out drunk every weekend like alot of young people do imo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Been lifting naturally for like 11 years

I will get that 765DL, 315 press and 160x10 DB bench among other lifts I care about before 15 years of lifting

I wont even be that old

You need to be obese as fuck to lift those natty case point George leeman... He also had the genes for it and destroyed his life to get there natty and just went to the dark side and mogged
    Might as well shoot roids be just as unhealthy and look good.

Height
    5'11"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who gives a fuck. Ride the bike if you want. You think steroids are the only fraud in society? Anything from fake tits to Instagram filters to renting a nice car for the evening to get laid, everyone is frauding. Some people enjoy the feeling of being high test.

Get over yourself phaggot.