Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

A couple different theories I have about the nature of reality and existence (causal loop) (simulation)

So I guess the age old question is "what was at the start?". Scientists say the big bang, ok. What came before the big bang? "Nothing" How can we comprehend nothing? We can't. Nothing is nowhere. Especially if you believe in the multiverse theory then EVERYTHING exists, except nothing. It is the one thing that doesn't exist.

Ok so now we have to bring in some eternal aspect to the universe. Big bounce theory? The universe expands and expands until it gets to a certain point where it starts to contract all the way down to the size of the start and BOOM another big bang? And this goes on, forever? Perhaps. But who set up these laws of science, nature, and physics, how did all of this come to be? This implies some sort of highly intelligent creator as @Omega constantly reminds us. With this, I agree, that for there to be this ultra precise, highly detailed universe for us to live in there has to be some sort of designer to it all. Maybe, it was US. That's right, WE are the creators of all of this that we are experiencing and know to call "reality".

So there are a few different variations of a causal loop that I believe we could be experiencing. One is that we continue to progress in science, technology, mathematics etc. at the exponential rate that we are. Colonize other planets to ensure survival, and continue to progress for however long it takes (millions, or even billions of years) to do one of a few different things. One thing could be to evolve to a point where we transcend the dimension of time and then somehow travel back to some point either right at, or long before the big bang and then somehow create it by condensing enough energy down to size, include the source code inside of it for everything to happen the way it did (based on all of the scientific knowledge we possess we could recreate it to a T), and trigger it's eruption. OR... we could just progress to a certain point where we figure out how to scientifically reverse the expansion of the universe by manipulating dark matter and dark energy, and then just hope the universe bangs again when it's done condensing. Or we just have to figure out a way to start a new universe within this one via a big bang, or multiple big bangs that will then create an infinite number of universes (the multiverse) but EVENTUALLY one of those will have to create the one that started it all.

OR, there is the simulation theory argument that I think we should all be paying a little more attention to now that the richest man on the planet has many times stated that there is a one in a billion chance we are in base reality. Neil Degrasse Tyson and many others now support this argument as well. So here's a completely different theory about the nature of existence that somewhat combines simulation theory and a causal loop. So the way most people see it is that there was once a base reality where technology advanced to make a simulation, and then there was a simulation inside of a simulation and then another simulation inside of a simulation, and so on and so forth ad infinitum. I'm not sure how I feel about this because it seems with all these simulations inside of simulations that the original one would get preeetty wonky from all that data processing, and also, what happens when the first simulation goes down or base reality is destroyed? But ok, I'll play ball. So once again as @Omega reminds us, even if we are in a simulation right now, this still implies that there was once a base reality, which implies a creator of said reality. But what if we are in some sort of a simulated causal loop, where each simulation inside of a simulation is getting more and more complex and we will eventually get to a point where we then create the simulation that started it all? What if base reality IS A SIMULATION?

With all that's going on now with technological advancement of virtual reality, quantum computing, and an ever expanding and connected virtual network, I really think this is not too far fetched. But here are a few possibilities. What if there is a time dilation effect, similar to the movie Inception (when there's a dream within a dream) where time passes by slower and slower with each simulation. What if when one of the simulations goes down we have to accelerate our advancement in order to get to the point where we can go back and create it. What if the "first" simulation or I'll even call it "base reality" ceased to exist a very long time ago, and because of distortion of time all the simulations are going out like dominos but very slowly to our perspective cuz lets say 1 hour in the simulation equals a lifetime in the simulation after it and so on and so on.... so if the first simulation went down and we are in one that is quite far from it we wouldn't know it for quite some time. I also think this could be an explanation for timeline shifts and the mandela effect @eod89 because timelines could shift each time a simulation goes out. However, what if we were able to keep making simulations faster than the rate of them going out would be? This would create an eternal aspect to existence, however, what started the first simulation? Can a simulation inside of a simulation eventually create the first simulation? If it can then we have a long way to go before figuring out how that would work, however if it's possible in base reality, then it would probably be possible to simulate as well.

Anyways these are just a few thoughts that I think could explain this dream we call "reality"

More on this later...

Cliffs:
    -We are the creators of ourselves by eventually transcending time to create the big bang that created everything we know to be reality
    -Or we somehow reverse the expansion of the universe so it bangs again
    -Create another universe in this one that creates the multiverse and eventually creates the universe that started it all
    -Possible simulation inside of a simulation until it finally creates the first simulation
    -Maybe first simulation in "base reality" went down a long time ago, but because of time dilation we are still here
    -Maybe simulations going out are creating timeline shifts (mandela effect)
    Last edited by Brink; 2021-01-20 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Could the Mandela effects also cause my teeth to shift?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I agree that we are the creators of the universe, and that the universe just keeps recreating itself over and over.

I think that human life gets to a point where it is unsustainable, as in overpopulation, climate change, polution, disease, the only way to continue life is create a simulation. People naturally have been more drawn into solitude and into a virtual reality away from real life, even social media is a virtual reality as most of the time it is a fake represention of real life. I can see the obsession and development of virtual reality become so advance and the living conditions on earth so unsustainable the only conclusion is to create a simulation and thus it begins again a never ending inception of sorts.

I also agree with your theory of evolution, I think we are going to try and engineer ourselves to be more plant like (it's really not a strange belief considering that we used to be rats and even before then sea creatures) being plant like creatures means we could maintain intelligence and live a more peaceful and suitable life than our human form. It's hard to believe we will remain as humans.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ution-of-life/

Mentioned
    599 Post(s)
    2012 theory
    the brock lesnar of pharmaceuticals
    *SOILDER for china*
    *piss inside womans pussy crew*
    *BBRP's soldier crew*
    *OG explosion crew*
    *phone poster crew*
    *so alpha that i quote myself in my signature crew*
    Quote Originally Posted by martin shkreli View Post
    im highly masculine. i just consider it pointless being friends with men because you cant have sex with them. why bother being friends with people you cant even have sex with?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    what if

we as humans are not designed to understand the beginning of it all because we are the creation of something bigger. this entity made us in a way that we will never understand it. and it made us to benefit itself.

we only have a limited time to put in effort for this entity

and when we die that's it.

and that is the whole deal. but you and me can't deal with it because it means our existence has NO MEANING AT ALL. yet you still WAGESLAVE.

now what? what can we do or theorize about? nothing? oh man that sucks! 2012 theory !!
    stop stalking me

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    i don't understand environmentalism and "sustainability".

why does it exist?

earth heats up naturally and went through many ice and hot phases. earth wasn't destroyed. why should humans care that humans increased the temperature over a miniscule amount over a long time?

is sustainability important so humans can live on earth as long as possible? what's the purpose? survival of the human species?

no

sustainability and environment are concepts developed by big companies to make us spend more and waste more of our time.

its a fad

just like low sugar is a fad.
    stop stalking me

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruz View Post
    i don't understand environmentalism and "sustainability".

why does it exist?

earth heats up naturally and went through many ice and hot phases. earth wasn't destroyed. why should humans care that humans increased the temperature over a miniscule amount over a long time?

is sustainability important so humans can live on earth as long as possible? what's the purpose? survival of the human species?

no

sustainability and environment are concepts developed by big companies to make us spend more and waste more of our time.

its a fad

just like low sugar is a fad.
    Humans can literally live off potatos lmao and these geeks tryna get me worried about ?food chain? collapsing

Mentioned
    2796 Post(s)
    But ok, I'll play ball. So once again as @Omega reminds us, even if we are in a simulation right now, this still implies that there was once a base reality, which implies a creator of said reality. But what if we are in some sort of a simulated causal loop, where each simulation inside of a simulation is getting more and more complex and we will eventually get to a point where we then create the simulation that started it all? What if base reality IS A SIMULATION?
    Paradoxical
    Middle☪Eastern Crew Islam refutation list
    JonnyM is my hero

I'm not going to delete your account or posts. Think before you post.

Height
    5?-11.5?
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The universe is cyclical, and we have been here many times before and will be again.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FitLord View Post
    The universe is cyclical, and we have been here many times before and will be again.
    That's allot of rapes

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Paradoxical
    Some might argue the nature of "God" is paradoxical as well because... where did it come from? This leads to infinite regress...

However in a causal loop there is no beginning or end, only change.

I see that the part you quoted is where I am referencing a simulated causal loop which is more of a stretch than a causal loop in base reality imo, however with all this simulation theory talk, it's starting to make me feel like perhaps all reality itself is simulated. It almost makes me think that it would be easier to fathom us somehow creating ourselves rather than an all powerful being just creating the universe like a kid with tinker toys.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga Pajeet View Post
    That's allot of rapes

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Paradoxical
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Some might argue the nature of "God" is paradoxical as well because... where did it come from? This leads to infinite regress...

I see that the part you quoted is where I am referencing a simulated causal loop which is more of a stretch than a causal loop in base reality imo, however with all this simulation theory talk, it's starting to make me feel like perhaps all reality itself is simulated. It almost makes me think that it would be easier to fathom us somehow creating ourselves rather than an all powerful being just creating the universe like a kid with tinker toys.
    Well actually, shit, I guess it's just as plausible for a creator to be the case as well.

I guess I'm just trying to be open to all possibilities...

Mentioned
    2796 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post

Causal loops necessitate a cause. They can't exist without cause, but "infinity" negates that and causes a paradox.

The only solution to this is an eternal constant; something which is not contingent and was never created. It exists just because it exists.

I posit this is the only consistent worldview. God fits this category. But if you're a naturalist you have to concede that nature itself is eternal.
    Middle☪Eastern Crew Islam refutation list
    JonnyM is my hero

I'm not going to delete your account or posts. Think before you post.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    just gonna leave this here

wait what

Last edited by Janoy Cresva; 2021-01-22 at 02:32 AM.
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My theory is that this reality is fake, just by the absurdity of it all I am able to tell that it is fake. I mean come on, ask yourself if this is real? It is one big joke and doesn't exist.

One problem is mistaking a hypothesis as a hypostasis.

“In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experientially and experimentally. When the limits are determined, it is found that they are further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind, there are no limits. The body imposes definite limits.”
    “My philosophy: Don't get caught with a fixed philosophy, a set
    of safe beliefs, a particular way of life.

Experiment! With live, with love.

Run an exploration of the real and the true degrees of freedom
    of life, of love, of the human condition, inside self and in one's
    style of life.

Move! Into new spaces beyond one's present concepts of possible/probable/certain real spaces.

Far vaster than I now know are the innermost/outermost realities.

Far more interesting than I now feel are the deeps of the space, the beyond within, the infinite without.

Love and loving are basic.

Hostility is redundant.

Fear is non-sense.

"Death" is a myth.

I am I.”