Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
    Weight
    456 lbs
    Height
    5'6"
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

What is an expat? Why do people become expats? Could you ever see yourself living in Mexico? Even just part of the year maybe?

Weird Energy Crew

Weight
    110lbs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    a Mexicana with a big ass would occasionally try talking me into moving to Zapopan with her. seemed like a nice enough place, to visit at least, but moving there, i don't know.

Weight
    110lbs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    my grandfather loved Mexico and met a woman he wanted to marry but it just didn't pan out. she wanted to live there, he wanted to live in America. surprised they didn't just compromise and settle on living in TX since he loved TX too. he carried a picture of her in his wallet for almost his entire life. i have a Zippo lighter of his that says "1963" on one side and "Mexico" on the other.

Weight
    456 lbs
    Height
    5'6"
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malicious joy View Post
    my grandfather loved Mexico and met a woman he wanted to marry but it just didn't pan out. she wanted to live there, he wanted to live in America. surprised they didn't just compromise and settle on living in TX since he loved TX too. he carried a picture of her in his wallet for almost his entire life. i have a Zippo lighter of his that says "1963" on one side and "Mexico" on the other.
    that's pretty cool story srs

Weird Energy Crew

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    seriously stop

Weight
    I'm a strength athlete, who cares
    Height
    6' on the internet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think ppl become expat due to some open mindness mindset BS, to learn about other ppl and cultures. Now why go out of your way to move to another country just to accomplish something you could do talking with ppl on the internet and reading about other cultures is beyond my comprehension

Senior Member Fire God Liu Kang's Avatar
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWhale View Post
    I think ppl become expat due to some open mindness mindset BS, to learn about other ppl and cultures. Now why go out of your way to move to another country just to accomplish something you could do talking with ppl on the internet and reading about other cultures is beyond my comprehension
    http://www.fitmisc.net/forum/showthr...arles-Poliquin

Weight
    I'm a strength athlete, who cares
    Height
    6' on the internet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire God Liu Kang View Post
    It is a pretty moronic thing to become an expat just for the quality of the food alone. Sure, it might be better (which in some cases it isnt), but there is cultural differences, technological differences, government. These are far more important things than having the ultimate foodgasm experience. I like arabic food, but in no way i would go live in the Middle East hoping that the food there is better than what is available for me now. I mean, cant you just buy imported stuff anyways? And, as a side note, that avocado line was pretty hilarious

Weight
    456 lbs
    Height
    5'6"
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWhale View Post
    It is a pretty moronic thing to become an expat just for the quality of the food alone. Sure, it might be better (which in some cases it isnt), but there is cultural differences, technological differences, government. These are far more important things than having the ultimate foodgasm experience. I like arabic food, but in no way i would go live in the Middle East hoping that the food there is better than what is available for me now. I mean, cant you just buy imported stuff anyways? And, as a side note, that avocado line was pretty hilarious
    I guess the basic line of thinking is that you can live much richer in Mexico on the same money than you could in the USA. how practical and true that is I'm not sure. Just something fun to think about. I doubt I would ever try to live in Mexico. I've never even visited there
    Weird Energy Crew