Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Do you guys ever put things on your phone so you have stuff to do if you are ever stuck somewhere without internet?

Most areas these days have mobile internet.. but just curious if you guys ever have found yourself stuck somewhere with no internet. It kinda sucks how your phone is pretty much useless at that point. For example the most logical choice I think would probably be audio books. I could put all the lord of the rings books, the hobbit, similarioion, etc and it wouldn't even take up much space. It might be good to have the actual texts of the books on there too incase you don't want to eat up your battery you can just sit there and read it on your phone if you wanted to. I feel like both forms wouldn't take up much space.

next logical choice would probably be some type of game. I'm not sure why but I never really got into playing games on my phone. What are some good games for your phone? One thing that is kinda gay I noticed is that alot of these games now want you to be connected to the internet to even play the game. I tried to download mario kart for android awhile back and it wouldn't let me play unless I was connected to the internet.

It's just a weird situation because I very rarely find myself in a situation without internet and being bored etc. But when I do find myself in that position I'm always regretting not putting some things on the phone to entertain myself with if I'm ever without internet.

So what could you put on your phone to stay entertained besides audiobooks and games? I think I read before where there is a reddit app that will automatically download the most popular 5 threads from each subreddit you tell it to.. which seems like it might be interesting. You just pull up that app and it would have a bunch of saved reddit posts you could look over.. just tying to think outside the box here.

Does anyone relate with what I'm saying? Have you guise ever been anywhere without internet and been bored and wished you had some shit on your phone? Or is this just an extremely autistic thought process to have?

basically what I'm saying is these are things that would just sit on your phone and you would never worry about them or use them really unless you were somewhere without internet and really bored, to keep your sanity type deal. I hope I am explaining my thoughts correctly
    Last edited by Janoy Cresva; 2022-01-22 at 09:41 PM.
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Yes

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMuscularPajeet View Post
    Yes
    lol.. what kinda stuff do you put on there brah?
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    791 Post(s)
    I don't understand what you mean?

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I don't understand what you mean?
    I'm here for the ments.

Height
    5?-11.5?
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    I download movies, TV shows, and documentaries I buy on iTunes onto my iPad so I have something to watch if there is no Internet.

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FitLord View Post
    I download movies, TV shows, and documentaries I buy on iTunes onto my iPad so I have something to watch if there is no Internet.
    that sounds like the normie way to do it. I probably just put way too much thought into it. I actually used to do this when smartphones first came out I would download audiobooks on torrents and then just put them on my phone. I doubt they would be that expensive though probably be easier to just pay for them and download them the official way. I appreciate your input
    I'm here for the ments.

Height
    5?-11.5?
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janoy Cresva View Post
    that sounds like the normie way to do it. I probably just put way too much thought into it. I actually used to do this when smartphones first came out I would download audiobooks on torrents and then just put them on my phone. I doubt they would be that expensive though probably be easier to just pay for them and download them the official way. I appreciate your input
    I’ve got about six bodybuilding documentaries

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Does anyone else kinda enjoy setting up a new device? Be it a phone or computer? Like as far as getting it set up the way you like it, downloading the programs/apps you need. Customizing it.. I mean don't get me wrong, I don't do it over and over again. I only do it when it comes up naturally.. but it is fun/enjoyable every time. Does this make me a nerd? I googled it and apparently you can play angry birds 2 with no connection to the internet. I am testing it right now.. I googled it though and it doesn't seem like there is alot of great games to play when you are offline? I wonder what the purpose is or why all these mobile games want you to be connected to the internet for the most part? (it's a conspiracy right? Collecting data? think about it.. @lou kang)
    @thesavagestallion

https://www.techjunkie.com/mobile-games-without-wifi/
    @Sam Hyde would probably say I am wasting my time by even thinking about things like this

edit:

I downloaded angry birds 2 and you need to be connected to the internet to play it. Why is every game like that?
    Last edited by Janoy Cresva; 2022-01-22 at 10:42 PM.
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    You can put anything on your phone offline without having to pay some bullshit subscription like youtube or spotify.

Cnnect via USB. Enable fle transfer on your phone, click the device and drag n drop the files. Torrent whatever you want from Piratebay or KAT and you are set.

You can still download podcasts on spotify offline without subscribing I believe.

Still the whole system is geared towards reliance on the system and grid and everything that we fuel with our dollars to keep going so we don't have a complete anxiety attack if it all goes down.

Check out the throwback episode of South Park called "Overlogging"

Anyways. I gotta go feed the kids chained up in my basement so they look healthy and vibrant for the prospective buyers coming by tomorrow. Hope this helps

2021 Mod of the Year damnrightbrah's Avatar
    Weight
    Height
    6'4"
    Mentioned
    30342 Post(s)
    I used to do this all the time years back. I'd have a movie, load up a playlist, or some time passing game. Now I actively turn off my phone so that I can engage more with reality and be more present in the moment.

Don't get lost in the screen, learn to look up and around and take it all in. One day you won't wake up and even the boring moments have beauty in them.
    ✙ RECLAIM CONSTANTINOPLE! ✙

✙ If you think they're going to give you your country back without a fight, you're sadly mistaken. ✙

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janoy Cresva View Post
    lol.. what kinda stuff do you put on there brah?
    Just normal stuff audiobooks and youtube

But I'm not poor so i dont get torrents just have youtube sub and audible aub