Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weight
    300 manga books
    Height
    5'6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

can someone explain NFTs to me in the most basic way possible?

i understand crypto on a basic level and have bought and sold or used to buy things.

but what the fuck why are people buying pixel art?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Bisexual spideyman fans with too much cash i presume

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

I don't know if what this guy is saying is 100% true but he seems pretty fired up about it
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Easy way to launder money B

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's a place where people buy cartoon dogs for 10K

Senior Member Fire God Liu Kang's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    The future

Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mіndlesswork View Post
    i understand crypto on a basic level and have bought and sold or used to buy things.

but what the fuck why are people buying pixel art?

Two words: it's basically a scam.

Crypto generally speaking has many commonalities with MLMs and Ponzi schemes. No product is really sold other than hype. The whole speculation is based on finding a sucker who will buy your shitcoin at a higher price, that sucker either believing he will sell it in turn for an even higher price or hold on to it while it magically appreciates.

The profile of the average NFT buyer is someone tenuously middle class, socially isolated and highly responsive to memes. They have VERY LITTLE experience with real businesses and production processes, thus they are unlikely to be turned off by unrealistic claims of future returns. They are very insecure about their lack of knowledge and that makes them susceptible to flattery in particular when being reassured that the only reason for negativity is because critics don't understand what they understand. Being tenuously middle class gives them enough disposable income to engage with a pretty expensive system but also a very potent anxiety about their financial future.

Prepare for the "you don't understand crypto/NFTs you cringey boomer" comments, which are a manifestation of the average NFT buyer's insecurity I described above.

Senior Member Fire God Liu Kang's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpeedo View Post

Crypto generally speaking has many commonalities with MLMs and Ponzi schemes. No product is really sold other than hype. The whole speculation is based on finding a sucker who will buy your shitcoin at a higher price, that sucker either believing he will sell it in turn for an even higher price or hold on to it while it magically appreciates.

The profile of the average NFT buyer is someone tenuously middle class, socially isolated and highly responsive to memes. They have VERY LITTLE experience with real businesses and production processes, thus they are unlikely to be turned off by unrealistic claims of future returns. They are very insecure about their lack of knowledge and that makes them susceptible to flattery in particular when being reassured that the only reason for negativity is because critics don't understand what they understand. Being tenuously middle class gives them enough disposable income to engage with a pretty expensive system but also a very potent anxiety about their financial future.

Prepare for the "you don't understand crypto/NFTs you cringey boomer" comments, which are a manifestation of the average NFT buyer's insecurity I described above.

Its all going down in fire very soon, hope you are selling or sold you neo canadian rent farm in montreal

Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire God Liu Kang View Post
    Its all going down in fire very soon, hope you are selling or sold you neo canadian rent farm in montreal
    I expect a fantabulous, splendiferous crash.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    just bought another 1k dollars of bitcoin today.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Last edited by NotAll; 2022-01-25 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAll View Post
    some boomer I know was watching TV and on Dr. Phil they had some guy talking about bitcoin. Where do you buy bitcoin from? All I've ever done is use coinbase and that was way back in the day. Still a good way to do it? Electrum a good way to store it? Sorry for the low IQ questions

Dr. Phil is a faggot, I'd like to punch him in his face with his stupid southern drawl
    Last edited by Janoy Cresva; 2022-01-25 at 10:09 PM.
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

*rolls eyes*
    sigh

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    A YouTube ceo just quit YouTube to go work for a crypto company called Polygon.
    YouTube Later announced they will be allowing their creators to start getting into the NFT market later this year or next year.
    Creators will be able to sell video shorts as NFT'.
    Polygon essentially makes trading free for the most part (no gas) and fast on Ethereum where you really buy and sell NFT's.
    Ethereum's biggest problem is how fucking slow it is and the fees.
    Polygon kinda fixes that.
    OpenSea is the leading NFT market.
    The total OpenSea Polygon traders have increased from just 15 users in late June 2021, to over 846,433 users as of Jan. 6, according to data.
    Meta (Facebook) will be offering trading of NFT's also and from what i hear polygon is going to play a role in this also.

So

Polygon will be likely working with both Facebook and YouTube going forward.
    Elites and cooperate execs are determined to make this web3.0 shit happen and they are in love with the idea of NFT's for what ever reason.

Polygon is cheap as fuck right now still.
    I bout a bunch this morning super cheap.
    If you're looking for something to buy a bunch of and forget about it i would def buy.

Check it out

https://www.coindesk.com/price/polygon/

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAll View Post
    I really appreciate the heads up man. I will research this further. I wish I was smarter or was around people that understood this better than I do and could learn from them. I think technology and the future of crypto/blockchain and how they will implement it different ways is very interesting.. just wish I could understand it better. I am willing to learn just kinda lazy most days after working all day all I wanna do is smoke live resin and watch jewtube gnome sayin
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    1990 Post(s)
    mindlesswork nft for 250 eth

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    nft

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    what is the best way to pepper our angus for whats to come? What did the feds announce today?

Last edited by Janoy Cresva; 2022-01-27 at 12:32 AM.
    I'm here for the ments.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    You mint a nft pic of poop, you sell the pic of poop to yourself. Now you don't pay capital gains on that money you did 69000 trades to get depending on your jurisdiction having an llc or its marginally less etc. Then you proceed to sell the nft 80% off, which someone might buy because to them it seems like a good deal that they can resell to some other ape because it's original price was so much higher.

Eh. Nfts are scammy asf rn because it's like the start of the dot com bubble but more autistic. Like imagine flipping domains or some shit and you took out a million dot com domains bc they'll run out bro it's kinda like that. Literally just autists buying rights to ape imgs atm but the potential is to have immutable decentralized legal documents (oh hey impossible to fake vax cuck certs, carbon emissions bux or what ever m shit gets passed and can be falsified/scanned/checked etc) for example and what ever stems from there. Rly you're looking at the infancy of something that might not even actualize. It's over valued for what it is because by the time things materialize people are on to the next. Calling it a ponzi is cope tho and only legit in the same way you call stonks a ponzi. Also don't forget about the ultimate ponzi - life. To be fair I legit missed the nft hype because it seemed retarded to me compared to defi or the other cope hypes. Guess I'm boomerfied as well.
    Last edited by Omegu; 2022-01-27 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by im 2 normal View Post
    no, if i read articles, it's to back up what im already thinking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast