Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoidbrah View Post
    Tell yourself your better than everyone every single day. You are a god amongst peasants and actually believe it.
    I genuinely do believe this, but not in terms of physical strength or intelligence or ability to bang girls but on a philosophical level. I consider myself the greatest philosopher to have ever lived

Weight
    100lbs
    Height
    7'8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    I honestly dislike high school and did not get my shit together until senior year, (I didn't get laid until senior year lol). Basically told myself this was going to be the year, I was going to boss the fuck up and this will be my peak. Week into senior year, met a new girl and it went from there, after that I spent some time trying to figure out what I did wrong,( don't get stuck in this phase too long, it will mentally tweak you)

Also I told myself every summer of HS I would lift and get my shit together, every summer was bullshit until it came to finishing highschool.. Now I'm fully dedicated and eating right, this has since formed into my passion because I'm being rewarded from it.

Lifting was NOT my passion to begin with and staying consistent was mad hard, it's all mind games, creating excuses as to why I shouldn't go this day or eat that food, etc.

Discipline yourself and reap the rewards from being self-mature if that makes any sense

My anger decreased, I was more socially holding conversations and creating them

Stress was relieved, most of my energy went towards the gym so I was able to maintain calm

I used to snap on people for no reason.. Now I take my time to think things out BEFORE I act upon them

And call me a zyzzfanfaggotsuckhisdick24/7 or not, watching Zyzz's videos (every.single.one,all "rare" footage also) got me fucking motivated and pumped to start something new in life..

I was ALWAYS a huge gamer like zyzz so I was able to relate... used to play Runescape 8+ hrs a day, that moved to other games which eventually I took on WoW, too many hours wasted on WoW.

If Zyzz was playing 16+ hrs a day on WoW and was able to sell his most prized possession(his WoW account) and turn his life around because HE wanted to better himself and his life, then I figured I can do this too.... he then became my #1 motivation, the kickstart that developed my "passion"

Hope this helps, myb for mad long paragraph, food for thought
    thanks bro im defiently following your advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do the approach anxiety program from goodlookingloser, shit is legit

Weight
    Processing...
    Height
    5"11
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THREEHUNNA View Post
    When I got out of hs I didn't do anything for like 4 years straight cut everybody off and got really depressed and realized how fukd my life is
    I wanted to seclude myself from every single person because I felt the only person I understood was myself.

In that case I realized I'm doing more harm to myself, my thoughts were to basically block out every fake/unloyal person in my life and keep only the most fitting and loyal person...

Realize I was no popular kid and most friends were 1-2.. But these friends are the ones I'll be talking to for the rest of my life.

All those kids that would shake your hand, say wassup, treat you like you're their "friend" in school but actually never even hit you up outside of school are the biggest waste of time and the fakest of all people...

It took me a while to understand this, even the people you've hung out w/ a few times.... try not texting them for a lil while or communicating with them and see how long it takes them until your name even comes up in their thoughts...

Many fakes/Very few loyal

Choose carefully
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadShouldersofPeace View Post
    are people seriously called peyton in america ?

srs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxman85 View Post
    I genuinely do believe this, but not in terms of physical strength or intelligence or ability to bang girls but on a philosophical level. I consider myself the greatest philosopher to have ever lived
    You have to honestly believe that your more than human
    Nothng I say on here should in anyway be taken serious.

It's all in good fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    shit was so pathetic how I was living at that time literally cut everyone off stayed inside all fucking day stood up all night playing video games jerking off but in those years I changed a lot I'm not the same person I used to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True man surrounded around nothing but fakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    only reason it's "in your brain" is cause you put it in there, and you have the power to take it out as well brah

Many if not all the challenges in life are just our subconscious fears...

Learn to control, learn to boss up, engineer your life and live it the way you want, and remember this..... In any case, you have to be prepared to face failure, no matter what
    I'm sorry, this likely isn't true. Social anxiousness isn't a learned behavior, it's an evolutionary mechanism from tribal days when the quality of your life was contingent on hierarchy inside your tribe not how hard you work/etc. It's put in place as a safe guard from preventing you acting in a way that would have you ejected from your tribe because that would mean death.

Well today there are no tribes, but this mentality isn't as easy to shake off.

People tell you to workout/work on appearance because it's "social proof" in that it requires no explanation. By being good looking or being better looking version of your self, you have intrinsic value that you carry with you everywhere. So being good looking you have "approval" to act socially robust or "confident" way.

Do you know what it is to be confident? A person who has all this social proof that's been repeatedly approved in so many ways (not just looks) that acting socially robust is a given.

There still are good looking/smart/successful people that can be socially anxious, so what gives?

The trick is to forget all this bs hierarchy and act socially robust anyway. Do not seek approval, just be. This is harder then it sounds, you brain isn't fucking stupid it will still hold on to this dreaded hierarchy. You will constantly be in fear of looking foolish or not being received well by those around you because you might not be X,Y or Z. Well guess what fucko, no one knows what to make of all this life going on. Everyone is just going through the motions like you trying to figure things out. Get OUT of your fucking head and just be.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but consider going to a crowded area in the city and make small talk with as many people as possible. Exercise your schmoozing skills so you can practice being present and engaged in the moment with someone. This a mental muscle like any other that requires repeated flexing and resistance in order to stick around otherwise your body will literally forget it and you will revert to your old reserved/approval seeking/retard self.

Hope some of this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree I can't control it I really do fucking try that's y I'm still here and haven't fucking offed myself yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted to seclude myself from every single person because I felt the only person I understood was myself.

In that case I realized I'm doing more harm to myself, my thoughts were to basically block out every fake/unloyal person in my life and keep only the most fitting and loyal person...

Realize I was no popular kid and most friends were 1-2.. But these friends are the ones I'll be talking to for the rest of my life.

All those kids that would shake your hand, say wassup, treat you like you're their "friend" in school but actually never even hit you up outside of school are the biggest waste of time and the fakest of all people...

It took me a while to understand this, even the people you've hung out w/ a few times.... try not texting them for a lil while or communicating with them and see how long it takes them until your name even comes up in their thoughts...

Many fakes/Very few loyal

Choose carefully
    Maybe you're not describing it correctly, but those aren't fakes bub. Those are called acquaintances.

Friendship is an active investment, it takes more then just repeated handshakes to make someone a true friend. Consider inviting them out with you or taking part in a activity together to forge some sort of common ground where your friendship can grow and take off. Everyone's world doesn't revolve around you and if you stop trying to take an active interest in building friendships, you will be forgotten and no will hit you up ever. Also consider that some of those people might have the same sort of reservation and mental hang ups as you so that might play a part as well.

Remember friendship is like a fucking plant the more withdraw inside yourself and ignore the plant, it dies. Don't let the fucking plant die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THREEHUNNA View Post
    I agree I can't control it I really do fucking try that's y I'm still here and haven't fucking offed myself yet
    I didn't draw out the origins of the anxiety mechanism to make you feel helpless. Just to understand where it might come from

Understand that you are human and your character is forever malleable. As long as you are self-aware and interested in changing, it's possible.

Take action now, log out if you must

This site will only cause you to further withdraw into yourself if the other parts of your life are in disarray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TR3N View Post
    beta Indian phaggot
    Respect SRS tag you fucking degenerate

People only kick others who are down in old misc

Now sit on a nail and twist

Weight
    Processing...
    Height
    5"11
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    I'm sorry, this likely isn't true. Social anxiousness isn't a learned behavior, it's an evolutionary mechanism from tribal days when the quality of your life was contingent on hierarchy inside your tribe not how hard you work/etc. It's put in place as a safe guard from preventing you acting in a way that would have you ejected from your tribe because that would mean death.

Well today there are no tribes, but this mentality isn't as easy to shake off.

People tell you to workout/work on appearance because it's "social proof" in that it requires no explanation. By being good looking or being better looking version of your self, you have intrinsic value that you carry with you everywhere. So being good looking you have "approval" to act socially robust or "confident" way.

Do you know what it is to be confident? A person who has all this social proof that's been repeatedly approved in so many ways (not just looks) that acting socially robust is a given.

There still are good looking/smart/successful people that can be socially anxious, so what gives?

The trick is to forget all this bs hierarchy and act socially robust anyway. Do not seek approval, just be. This is harder then it sounds, you brain isn't fucking stupid it will still hold on to this dreaded hierarchy. You will constantly be in fear of looking foolish or not being received well by those around you because you might not be X,Y or Z. Well guess what fucko, no one knows what to make of all this life going on. Everyone is just going through the motions like you trying to figure things out. Get OUT of your fucking head and just be.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but consider going to a crowded area in the city and make small talk with as many people as possible. Exercise your schmoozing skills so you can practice being present and engaged in the moment with someone. This a mental muscle like any other that requires repeated flexing and resistance in order to stick around otherwise your body will literally forget it and you will revert to your old reserved/approval seeking/retard self.

Hope some of this helps
    "I'm sorry, this likely isn't true. Social anxiousness isn't a learned behavior, it's an evolutionary mechanism from tribal days when the quality of your life was contingent on hierarchy inside your tribe not how hard you work/etc. It's put in place as a safe guard from preventing you acting in a way that would have you ejected from your tribe because that would mean death.

Well today there are no tribes, but this mentality isn't as easy to shake off."

Comment: Referring this now to modern times, this so called "mechanism" is another way to say "society's expectations/how to please them." Also, that other "behavior" you're talking about, which you said will have you ejected from the tribe, is created by the whole village. There is a leader and the people will follow, things change, but we develop "trends". There was never an exact punishment for disorderly behavior because those were the people that would be described by "society" as different, as "other". "It's put in place as a safe guard", everything came from one thing and everything was developed into what it is today from beliefs. Saying it is an evolutionary mechanism makes no sense. I can agree to the extent in which in the old days, where "whichcraft" and "curses" were believed by everyone and whoever was believed to experiment with those 2 things would die/get killed. Fast forward to modern times today, our main, #1 thing that evolved us is technology, science, and medicine. It has become clear that such odd behavior can be triggered through traumatizing situations or is subconsciously learned through the society the person grew up in. The "punishment" today is non-comparable to that of tribal times, today, medicine would be prescribed to aid the person, not death. Society has learned how live with people of the unknown, that is why we are diverse but also the same. Social anxiety is simply a personality trait inherited through the people in your life who have set standards on what "perfect" and "tolerable" is.

Just as something negative can be absorbed, it can be dominated as well. An un-accepting society will dominate that of a single person. All behaviors look towards only one favorable behavior: the ultimate leader/inspirational, the type that make you want to improve life so you can live happier and wealthier.

There are many unexplained things in our world, What we know is we're all different (socially/communicating), and that we are also capable of controlling a nation w/ the right mindset.

srs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I'm sorry, this likely isn't true. Social anxiousness isn't a learned behavior, it's an evolutionary mechanism from tribal days when the quality of your life was contingent on hierarchy inside your tribe not how hard you work/etc. It's put in place as a safe guard from preventing you acting in a way that would have you ejected from your tribe because that would mean death.

Well today there are no tribes, but this mentality isn't as easy to shake off."

Comment: Referring this now to modern times, this so called "mechanism" is another way to say "society's expectations/how to please them." Also, that other "behavior" you're talking about, which you said will have you ejected from the tribe, is created by the whole village. There is a leader and the people will follow, things change, but we develop "trends". There was never an exact punishment for disorderly behavior because those were the people that would be described by "society" as different, as "other". "It's put in place as a safe guard", everything came from one thing and everything was developed into what it is today from beliefs. Saying it is an evolutionary mechanism makes no sense. I can agree to the extent in which in the old days, where "whichcraft" and "curses" were believed by everyone and whoever was believed to experiment with those 2 things would die/get killed. Fast forward to modern times today, our main, #1 thing that evolved us is technology, science, and medicine. It has become clear that such odd behavior can be triggered through traumatizing situations or is subconsciously learned through the society the person grew up in. The "punishment" today is non-comparable to that of tribal times, today, medicine would be prescribed to aid the person, not death. Society has learned how live with people of the unknown, that is why we are diverse but also the same. Social anxiety is simply a personality trait inherited through the people in your life who have set standards on what "perfect" and "tolerable" is.

Just as something negative can be absorbed, it can be dominated as well. An un-accepting society will dominate that of a single person. All behaviors look towards only one favorable behavior: the ultimate leader/inspirational, the type that make you want to improve life so you can live happier and wealthier.

There are many unexplained things in our world, What we know is we're all different (socially/communicating), and that we are also capable of controlling a nation w/ the right mindset.
    I'm kind of tired so I'll quote this later to maybe re-read, but after skimming I think you're on point. Combo of bunch of things really after second thought, learned from environment and further compounded by evolutionary behaviors. I got my line of reasoning from this study of baboons and social structure, will link it if I can remember the researchers name. GJ on helping fellow numiscer on his issues

Weight
    Processing...
    Height
    5"11
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    I'm kind of tired so I'll quote this later to maybe re-read, but after skimming I think you're on point. Combo of bunch of things really after second thought, learned from environment and further compounded by evolutionary behaviors. I got my line of reasoning from this study of baboons and social structure, will link it if I can remember the researchers name. GJ on helping fellow numiscer on his issues
    I love helping w/ that kind of stuff

good talk

srs

Langley farm trainee Discorecord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxman85 View Post
    I cant talk to girls without shaking, and I have a oneitis im infatuated with but too scared to talk to her
    come on man this is bait

not even people with autism physically shake when they talk to girls

Legal supplement expert SlcikRick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    As others said, you have to believe deep inside.

Weight
    50kg
    Height
    183cm, 6ft
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've had social anxiety since at least high school. My growth spurt made me tall, but my body didn't (and still hasn't) filled out. Got picked on by a few people for it, but pretty much everyone would tease me a bit for being really skinny.
    Girls either paid no attention or thought I was cute, not in a "he's hot" sort of way, more in a "he still looks like a child" sort. :/

Joined a social anxiety forum, but didn't stay active because the place was just so f*cling depressing (can we swear on here?). I mean just a bunch of hopeless cases wallowing in self pity really and I know I've got this problem, but I don't want to devote my life to talking about it, I want to *fix* it.

Anyway, I learned of a medication called Phenibut, sold as a supplement in the US and UK. I've been self medicating with that for some weeks now, cycling obviously and never the same dosage.
    I didn't want something that would dope me down and make me tired like prescription meds. Plus I didn't want mental issues on my file either, so I've never been to a doctor or psychologist about it.

My social anxiety isn't as bad as some peoples. I hold down a job, I can go out (although I don't like to) and can make small talk with people sometimes.
    But walking in public is the main thing for me. I just feel like people are looking at me and judging me. I just want to slip by unnoticed, but it never works like that.
    For a long time I avoided eye contact, but I knew it was making me look pathetic. So I started keeping my head up and not looking away from people, now I get people muttering stuff about me staring at them or looking at them funny. I just don't understand eye contact at all. The internet says it'll make you look dominant or unafraid, but maybe I overdo it? I don't actively try to stare people down, I just look straight ahead and if they're there I see them obviously. It might have something to do with my expression that either looks kind of miserable or serious I think.
    I think if I was quite well built then the eye contact thing would either lead to fights or to respect. But at the moment people just see some creepy skinny phaggot staring them down I guess. :/

The phenibut works to an extent. It makes me very talkative to people I know or have struck up conversation with. But it won't make you approach strangers unless you want to.
    I've not been over 1.5g yet, 500mg for me made me more alert and less caring about what other people think, 1g to 1.5g made me amazing at work.
    Positive side effects for me were I feel stronger when it kicks in - like literally chucking heavy stuff about like it weighs nothing. My skin looks better when I use it and sometimes I get a very nice body sensation briefly, like my body just feels nice.
    I think it must put my expression at ease too because I don't get as many comments when I'm on it either, so maybe it is how I look at people, either that or it stops me caring.
    I often take it on busy days at work. I work in retail, in the warehouse section but it means on busy days I have to have a lot of energy and balls to deal with so many people. I'm not that anxious at work because I feel comfortable there, but taking this with caffeine pills makes me amazing with customers plus the strength thing and I pretty much keep going all day like the energiser bunny, which is good because we're understaffed and a lot is expected from me.

People have noticed a change definitely. Ultimately I don't want to depend on it though so I'm doing my best to keep doing as I'm doing when I'm on it on days when I'm off it, to take what I learn and apply it. We'll see how that pans out in the long run I guess.

No negative effects yet. Longest I took it was three days in a row - 500mg, 1g, 1.5g, off for three days.

Only bad thing is you can't eat for two hours whilst having taken it on an empty stomach because it needs an acidic environment to digest.

Overall my anxiety is linked to body issues I think, which is why I want to build myself up and be confident in my body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    man OP between anxiety and drinking yourself OP you are wearing yourself out srs
    you have to get to the root of the anxiety problem and face it
    so if it's talking to people w.e you just gotta face it and rationalize it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you don't give a fuck what others think you will get less anxious, now that sounds bad, but if you have standards you live up too, then is it really that bad??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast