Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to fix muscle imbalance?

I have a muscle imbalance on my glutes. my right glute is bigger than the left. This happened when i was using dumbells with too much weight, bad form, and using the right side more than the left. ive swithed to one leg- legged presses but now i feel im not seeing anymore progress and I'm afraid to increase the weight because i want to grow my left glute (letting it catch up) while i maintain the right side so any ideas on how to go about this?
    Basically I'm just asking how to grow the left side while I maintain the right in the process

first year of bodybuilding . ive been implementing these things to my daily routine.

-training the weak/smaller side first
    -using unilateral exercises
    -let the weak side dictate what you do on the right
    -adding a little bit more volume on the left (sets & reps) but not too much to where i overtrain it
    -and basically just doing enough to maintain the right in the process
    eating 5 meals a day, on a surplus of calories, and meeting all my macros something Ive just started to do.
    please help me fix this dilemma because I'm about 4-5 months into this and the frustration is at a all time high!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    cant its all insertions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's very little you can do to fix a genetic imbalance but if it's an imbalance caused by repetitive trauma then the best thing you can do is to just change your exercise selection, and that doesn't mean doing wacky isolation type shit. Unilateral exercises are great but they don't quite work the way many people think they do. The body operates as a system so treat it as such. Think about it. If you want to create BALANCE then use fundamental human movement patterns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was going to post some advice until I saw the date. Holy shit lol.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    cant its all insertions