Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Weight
    83 kg
    Height
    183 cm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how to cook oats?

i bought rolled oats. i tried the most common bodybuilding recipe in youtube: 50 g of oats, water and protein powder.

TASTES LIKE SHIT

any tasty alternative?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MARIUS View Post
    i bought rolled oats. i tried the most common bodybuilding recipe in youtube: 50 g of oats, water and protein powder.

TASTES LIKE SHIT

any tasty alternative?
    Just don't eat them. Don't be like the other idiots that eat oats despite hating them because "it's what bodybuilders eat".

Weight
    215lbs
    Height
    6'4"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MARIUS View Post

TASTES LIKE SHIT

any tasty alternative?
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup oatmeal
    • 1cup Skim Milk
    • 1 scoop (30g) of Chocolate Protein Powder
    • 1 teaspoons of Pure Cocoa Powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon of Stevia
    • 1 tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
    Directions
    1. In a big bowl, mix the Oatmeal, the Milk, Splenda and the Pure Cocoa Powder
    2. Cook in a Microwave for about 1 minute - stir the mix , then microwave for
    another 1 minute.
    3. Let the oatmeal cool down for about 3 minutes
    4. Add the Chocolate Protein Powder, stir
    5. Add the Natural Peanut Butter
    Nutritional Facts
    (Per Serving)
    • Calories: 610
    • Protein: 48g
    • Carbohydrates: 73g
    • Fat: 14g

HNNNNG, tastes like candy

IfuAintCheatinUaintTrying Jelet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    overnight oats are delicious.

oats and water and protein powder(make sure its a tastey kind of protein powder, iv had protein pwoders that make it taste like shit) and leave over night to soak. eat next morning.

or if you cook it then MAKE SURE YOU COOK WITH MILK or it will taste nasty.
    add flavored oatmeal packet and mix 1 packet with 1 cup of oats... then add splenda to it and cinnamon

but honestly if u dont like oats dont bother. they arent even healthy. they block mineral absorption and bloat you. i eat them because they taste delicious.

Weight
    Height
    5-10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rolled oats not quick oats?

Quick oats with a packet of stevia a little peanut butter and then it taste great

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelet View Post
    overnight oats are delicious.

oats and water and protein powder(make sure its a tastey kind of protein powder, iv had protein pwoders that make it taste like shit) and leave over night to soak. eat next morning.

or if you cook it then MAKE SURE YOU COOK WITH MILK or it will taste nasty.
    add flavored oatmeal packet and mix 1 packet with 1 cup of oats... then add splenda to it and cinnamon

but honestly if u dont like oats dont bother. they arent even healthy. they block mineral absorption and bloat you. i eat them because they taste delicious.
    I remember you saying that you binged in oats so I assume you make them taste good lmfao. By the way, the mineral absorption block thing you say only applies if you eat them raw. That is because of phytic acid, that is what is blocking the absorption but if you cook them then they are fine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    inb4 footage of Jason Genova microwaving dry oats

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racism View Post
    I remember you saying that you binged in oats so I assume you make them taste good lmfao. By the way, the mineral absorption block thing you say only applies if you eat them raw. That is because of phytic acid, that is what is blocking the absorption but if you cook them then they are fine.
    yea with the right protein powder it will taste delious. i tried casein chocolate by ON and it tasted horrible.

but the chocolate mint or cookies and cream protein powder makes it taste good if you soak em. a nice texture.
    and do you have any proof that cooking foods with phytic acid eliminates the issue with minerals being blocked?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    and do you have any proof that cooking foods with phytic acid eliminates the issue with minerals being blocked?
    Here is what happens, the phytic acid is on the outer part of the oats and the phytase is the enzyme that neutralizes it. The problem is two-fold, first is that the phytase isn't activated in oats and you have to soak/cook them in order to activate it and second, that the oats don't even have enough phytase in them even if you activate it. Tried to link you some studies but it's a bit confusing, didn't manage to find any really convincing ones.

Something that works 100% though from what I read is that you can add a tablespoon of a grain that has enough phytase inside your oats such as some buckwheat. That way you would be 100% be sure that all of the phytic acid in the oats will be deactivated.

Weight
    140lbs
    Height
    5'7
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I usually put mine in the microwave for 2 mins and mix it with half water half milk

after its done I mix it with honey and chopped banana slices, tastes good

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racism View Post
    Here is what happens, the phytic acid is on the outer part of the oats and the phytase is the enzyme that neutralizes it. The problem is two-fold, first is that the phytase isn't activated in oats and you have to soak/cook them in order to activate it and second, that the oats don't even have enough phytase in them even if you activate it. Tried to link you some studies but it's a bit confusing, didn't manage to find any really convincing ones.

Something that works 100% though from what I read is that you can add a tablespoon of a grain that has enough phytase inside your oats such as some buckwheat. That way you would be 100% be sure that all of the phytic acid in the oats will be deactivated.
    what about pasta? it is cooked but iv still seen studies that block certain vitamins and minerals to a % . (all grains block % to a certain % depending on which grain it is... i know certain grains are worse)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    what about pasta? it is cooked but iv still seen studies that block certain vitamins and minerals to a % . (all grains block % to a certain % depending on which grain it is... i know certain grains are worse)
    Pasta is real bad for mineral absorption, and considering the volume we'd generally eat you'd need a fair amount of phytase. Regardless I'm sure you've read some of Taeian's posts on wheat and how it systematically rapes our bodies haha

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirinkunt? View Post
    Pasta is real bad for mineral absorption, and considering the volume we'd generally eat you'd need a fair amount of phytase. Regardless I'm sure you've read some of Taeian's posts on wheat and how it systematically rapes our bodies haha
    thought so, pretty much all grains are bad for mineral absorption.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pasta is the same although I don't know if it is in the same extent as oats. You see, it has phytates and phytates act as a chelator, meaning that they binding to your micronutrients and they turn them into unabsorbable for the human body.

There are many factors to see how much actually a food blocks micros, you have to see if it has enough phytase to counteract its phytic acid and second you need to see that if it's phytase (that is needed to counteract the phytic acid) can be accessed (becase it might be inside the grain).

Beans is a example of that, they do have phytase in them but it's inside the grain and the body can't utilize it unless you soak them overnight and activate the phytase.

Weight
    204lbs
    Height
    6ft
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oats, plus water, plus chocolate protein, plus peanut butter.
    If it's good enough for frank, it's good enough for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I normally just get a mason jar and fill it with oats,milk,and a spoonful of brown sugar.
    refrigerate overnight and eat in the morning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    thought so, pretty much all grains are bad for mineral absorption.
    I was contemplating on buying Spinach noodles to mix with my extra lean ground beef and various cheeses/spices/sauces, what's your take on them?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    Thanx for sharing your information
    foh
    *don't trust indians crew*
    *good looking warrior crew*
    *hate pakis crew*
    *doesn't need a mouth guard crew*
    *NEVER been wrong even once in my life crew*
    *move houses when i owe someone money crew*
    *could beat rory Macdonald and connor mgreggor on the same night crew*
    *never answers phone calls ever crew*
    *could knock out any mfer in the world crew*
    *don't change my ssheheuddhsbeu89s crew*

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    Thanx for sharing your information
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiTut View Post
    I dont know how it is in France. But, in the U.S., popcorn used to be only topped with salt and butter. Sprinkling sugar on buttered popcorn would be like sprinkling sugar on a fried egg
    @Omega @Nine @MindlessWork these bots outta control smh
    the brock lesnar of pharmaceuticals
    *OG explosion crew*
    *phone poster crew*
    *so alpha that i quote myself in my signature crew*

Quote Originally Posted by martin shkreli View Post
    Finally figured out how to buy bitcoin's (this has taken me THREE FUCKING YEARS)....